Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
So tomorrow I'm going to preorder the new iPhone 6S and I want to be ready for the moment it will arrive with full protection.
I'm going to had to my order from Apple the new Brown leather case and I want to know which Full Screen Tempered Glass will work great with this case.
I really would like to know which one are you getting ? Is it the Budygurdz one or any other high quality Glass screen protector .
Please advise me which one I can get right now to be ready

Thanks

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
I'm not really sure anyone here can give a straight advice on which glass protector should you get. The new i6s sports the new 3d touch (force touch), which analysis your finger preassure. If theres another layer above the phone's screen, than the 3d touch sensors might wont be able to recognize or read your fingers preassure correctly, hence the new feature wont work properly, or wont work at all. Its hard to tell...

Btw: I'm pretty sure that i heard in the keynote that the phone has a new kind of (stronger, more resistant) gorilla glass. I would not be supsired, if you dont really need any kind of protector.

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
So do you think that we need to get a regular film screen protector to protect the screen from scratches at least? Is there any good ones?
I think that a regular iPhone 6 film will be fine ? No?

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
I'm not saying that you shouldn't get a protector for your screen, but with the new gorilla glass, i dont think you should worry about the scratches... But that is just my opinion.

Maybe, just maybe, the thinnest (0,2mm, or the 0,15mm) glass screen protectors would work with the 3d touch, but as soon as the new phone gets into people hands, we will know the answer.

cheesyappleuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Portugal
I know people with a tempered glass screen protector on the iPhone 6, and the experience compared with my film protector is huge. It was a full screen Anker protector and it really felt like the original glass, specially since it had an excellent oleophobic coating.
Incidentally, I'm buying a 6s and I'm getting just that - Anker's full screen tempered glass, from the German Amazon store. I don't believe a "regular" glass protector will do it because it doesn't protect the edges, and it's not aesthetically pleasing. I'm not a fan of a "naked" phone either.

As for the case, I'd also recommend you one that had a bit more protection on the sides (specially on the connectors' side). I'll be getting a Incipio NGP, DualPro and a UAG, if that's any indicator :p

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
I was going to order the tech armor edge to edge i think. i asked them on twitter whether they thought it would affect the force touch.. they answered that they're pretty confident it would be fine but that they would be testing it out soon.

EDIT: might also consider the Jetech glass protector as it's a few bucks cheaper.

i've already ordered the magpul case off ebay.

re the Anker one, I don't see a full-screen glass protector, only the one that covers the flat part??

Last edited:

cheesyappleuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Portugal
I was going to order the tech armor edge to edge i think. i asked them on twitter whether they thought it would affect the force touch.. they answered that they're pretty confident it would be fine but that they would be testing it out soon.

EDIT: might also consider the Jetech glass protector as it's a few bucks cheaper.

i've already ordered the magpul case off ebay.

re the Anker one, I don't see a full-screen glass protector, only the one that covers the flat part??
The JETech is also an option, but the glass was so good on the Anker that it's worth a try. Sadly, I can only find the full-screen version in the German Amazon - I guess it was discontinued, but for some reason they're still selling it. The flat-only isn't even a choice for me.

Aukey also sells a similar full-screen glass, but from what I've seen the oleophobic coating is horrible, and even several months later it didn't stick 100% to the phone.

costi.kocev

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2015
I have already purchased Spigen® [Full Covered Tempered Glass] GLAS Screen Protector for iPhone 6s, but i`m thinking did it have some issue with 3D touch. When I read the forum everybody was asking and wondering that question.

capandjudy

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2013
Huntington, WV
I'm not really sure anyone here can give a straight advice on which glass protector should you get. The new i6s sports the new 3d touch (force touch), which analysis your finger preassure. If theres another layer above the phone's screen, than the 3d touch sensors might wont be able to recognize or read your fingers preassure correctly, hence the new feature wont work properly, or wont work at all. Its hard to tell...

Btw: I'm pretty sure that i heard in the keynote that the phone has a new kind of (stronger, more resistant) gorilla glass. I would not be supsired, if you dont really need any kind of protector.
The functionality of the 3D touch and screen protectors is a big one. Also protective cases like the Otterbox Defender and others have a substantial barrier over the screen. I would hope that Apple figured that into the 3D touch design.

Last edited:

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
ordered the JETech glass full screen, will see how it is. most likely just a rebranded generic chinese protector but its cheap and has decent Amazon reviews (for what they're worth).. also picked up a Spigen Capsule Case was only 6 bucks

kshen1

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2013
I usually always go with a screen protector for my devices, but this may be the first one I don't due to 3D touch...

Reactions: fullauto

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
opinion

Im a little perplexed about the situation myself. But we indulge ourselves into apple devices so much that sometimes we lack common knowledge.

For now, I highly doubt that any protector WONT have an affect. think of force touch recognizing a press in a specific area, only light enough to feel with the current glass, an extra layer will surely off put the senses and they will cover a larger area of the screen..

in saying that, technology is amazing. maybe with the introduction of more flexible glass (aka plastic *rolls eyes*) the use of force touch will be better accommodated and more accurate.

save your $$$$$$ wait till companies test it, 95% will sell a 6s version and up the price just bc they can, and boast the force touch use.

although, you can risk a couple bucks.

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
I have a pretty thick film protector on my Macbook with Force Touch, so I don't think a screen protector will have any effect on the iPhone's 3D Touch. However, a glass/etc could. Let's hope it does not. :)

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Is there an effective total screen glass protector that is available for the 6 or 6+? Someone mentioned the Cinder but I'm not sure where to purchase. Any other thoughts?

Notorwarren

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
Is there an effective total screen glass protector that is available for the 6 or 6+? Someone mentioned the Cinder but I'm not sure where to purchase. Any other thoughts?
The guys at Cinder said it should be available on amazon on the 21st.

kshen1

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2013
Tempered glass screen protectors are sooo cheap nowadays (I remember when they were $40+), so I'll probably just buy a cheap one that's highly rated and see how it goes.

cheesyappleuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Portugal
Tempered glass screen protectors are sooo cheap nowadays (I remember when they were $40+), so I'll probably just buy a cheap one that's highly rated and see how it goes.
Yes, but that doesn't mean you get the same quality.
Things like strength, opacity and fingerprint resistance make a difference, so don't expect to buy something good and cheap lol

kshen1

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2013
Yes, but that doesn't mean you get the same quality.
Things like strength, opacity and fingerprint resistance make a difference, so don't expect to buy something good and cheap lol

Nope, I bought both TA's and Maxboosts screen protectors screen protectors and theyve been good for me. About $8/$10. Does the job as well as a $40 one (for me). I don't nitpick and as long as it fits and feels good for me then I'm fine with it. Not going to spend a bunch of time fussing over something so trivial like this if you know what I mean. Just putting in my 2 cents and what I expect

Reactions: cheesyappleuser
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.