Which wireless provider did you choose when you got your iPhone, and why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefan289, Feb 14, 2012.

?

Which wireless provider did you choose when you got your iPhone?

1. AT&T

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Verizon

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Sprint

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I chose AT&T because I heard they were reliable in my area. I also heard about the talk+surf ability.

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

I chose Cosmote due to the reasonable pricing per month they provide for smartphone customers. The 3G isn't that bad either.

3. sl33t macrumors regular

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Vzw. Att is the pimp in the pink suit screwing random people at random times.

5. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hehe, funny! My second choice would be Verizon.

6. beret9987 macrumors regular

Went Sprint then just switched to ATT because Sprint's data network was failing me pretty hard in parts of Sacramento. Also wanted the ability to talk+surf! Totally missed that being on a CDMA carrier.

7. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Had ATT then went to Verizon. Been with ATT for 5 years and tried of all their excuses on their network and fees. The straw that broke the camels back was the data throttling. They do have a faster 3G service where I live, but Verizon has a way faster 4G in my area over ATT. If the original iPhone was on Verizon from the very beginning I would have never switched to ATT.

8. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

AT&T because I was with them before the first iPhone came out, and they work just fine for me. I also use voice and data a lot, so there's no point in downgrading what I can do with my phone for no good reason.

10. Mikesus macrumors 6502

I actually started on Sprint but had to ditch them because I had no data speeds (literally speedtest would time out) and then all our phones in the Triad area of NC became unreliable for phone calls (including 2 non iPhones)

Switched to AT&T and have great speeds and calls actually go thru!

11. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

My family has been with verizon for 20+ years, so naturally I have them with my iPhone. :)

12. AlexJaye macrumors regular

13. na1577 macrumors 6502a

AT&T because it was the only US iPhone carrier at the time.

14. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Verizon, because they have great service in my area

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

There's only one proper way to choose a cellular carrier. It's also very helpful if you learn how cellular systems work. One should always choose the carrier first, the one with the best coverage in your area.

The phone is only as good as the signal available to it. If you choose the phone first based on the availability or the price you'll usually be disappointed unless you get lucky.

I'm my area the strongest signal is provided by AT&T. Using GSM technology is a big advantage since they pass data & voice concurrently. Verizon (another good carrier) is crippled without this featured. It's CDMA technology can only pass voice or data, thereby the experience is limited.

Their claim of having the best network is nonsense, since it's a location based cellular system like all the rest. The cellular system is just plain expensive no matter how you cut it. The major reason Verizon spends millions of dollars per month advertising the network is that before they had Android to save them, there selection of phones was less than 1/3 of AT&T or anyone else.

16. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I have mine on AT&T but I will be breaking up with them shortly for Verizon. Haven't had a problem with them the 10 years I've had phones with them but they screwed us over hardcore on our DSL. After a week of phone calls and no resolution or apology, I am done with them. Obviously they don't value my business. Besides, the husband now works for VZW so it makes sense to switch