Which would piss you off the most?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rodvette, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Rodvette macrumors regular

If you lost your iphone, wallet, and car keys....which one would you be bummed over losing the most?

take into consideration:
    1)you have insurance on your phone which can be replaced.
    2) Couple of pictures in the wallet that are irreplaceable
    3) car keys have chips that cost bling bling

:(?

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wallet. In addition to pictures it has drivers license, credit cards, etc. that would have to be cancelled and replaced. Also lets not forget any cash that might be in there as well.

4. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I lost my wallet two weeks ago and I can defiantly say it sucks to loose your wallet. I had 120 bucks, my credit cards, insurance cards, and ID. Now I have this stupid paper license, waiting for cards to arrive still, and down 120 bucks. :mad:

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I think this thread belongs in the Community Duscussion.

back to your question, wallet

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

wallet by far...as i have a "special" wallet.

:)

7. Surrix macrumors regular

The majority probably don't have phone insurance.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Wallet would cause most people the biggest grief ... phone and car keys are easy to replace ... ID is hard to replace when you have no ID.

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

iPhone: I can find it with Find My iPhone
    Wallet: I lose all credit card info and cash and have to go through a month of calls with credit card company... I will regret this the most
    Car keys: I drive a 750i which works with the push start-proximity sensor keys. They aren't easy or cheap to replace so I would list this as 2nd on my list. First being wallet.

10. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Is that a reference to the cost, not being able to drive for a while, or having the car subsequently stolen?

Anyway, on all of those charges, I would agree with the car keys.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Wallet

A phone isn't a big loss to me
    Keys, likewise as I have multiple spares for my car

12. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

If I have insurance on my Phone, then it would be my Wallet.

As it happens, I don't think I have insurance on my phone and in that case it would seriously suck to lose my phone.

13. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

None would cause more grief than the others...I'll look at it this way: the iPhone can be locked if it is stolen/lost, car keys you can replace and most electronic entries can be reprogrammed, other than pictures (which I have backups on my computer), everything in the wallet can be replaced for minimum costs, and you would not be liable (usually) for 'theft spending'. Yeah, the cash and ID is gone, but I don't carry a lot of cash and the only ID in mine is by driver's license.

Now if I lost my MBP or had it stolen, I'd have a stroke. I'd rather have my house burned down (with no one it of course, including my rabbits) than lose my MBP. Hell, if I lost it and someone returned it, they can have my wallet, keys AND phone

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It would be hard to say which I was most pissed at if I lost all of those things at once. I'd be more upset about the wallet though

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wallet,
    Knowing some friends who had to deal with identity theft, losing your credit cards, license, etc will be a royal pain to deal with.

16. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Wallet. I don't have an iPhone and my car ain't that special. My wallet, now, it's taken me years to get it all broken in to the point where it's totally unique.

17. Rodvette thread starter macrumors regular

This weekend I lost all 3 of these items which is why I made the thread to kind of....vent i guess?

anywho the weekend got better today as I found out my girlfriend had the keys to my car (she put it in her purse and forgot to tell me about it till today)

and my local grocery store (whole foods) has my wallet :)

as for my phone...meh I was going to be upgrading to the new Verizon Iphone anyways so I guess it was a sign? lol

18. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

It's good to hear you got most things back, and that people are still honest enough to hand things in when they find them.

My (now ex) girlfriend left her iPhone in a cab a while back. I'm convinced the driver must have found it as we were his last fare for the night (very late back from the airport) but despite ringing the phone and the taxi company, it was never seen again.

19. samiwas macrumors 65816

Having lost my wallet last year, I can easily say "wallet". Losing my phone would just be a "whatever". Losing my car keys...we have extras, so whatever. Each of those is quickly and easily replaced without any hassle, and minimal cost.

Losing my wallet and having to replace: my drivers license, my neighborhood gate swipe card, debit card, two corporate credit cards, two personal credit cards, parking card, Home Depot card, Avis card, health insurance card, car insurance card. Having to change all of my automatic debit accounts to reflect the new card numbers. Having to deal with reimbursements from my company when I have lost all the receipts. What a pain in the a.

20. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Car Keys. I might have a spare but there's distinct possibility of someone using the key to steal the car at which point the insurance is invalid unless it's reported. I'd end up getting the locks/immobiliser replaced, which would cost £500+ and increase my already insane insurance premium.

iPhone is backed up on my Mac. It's just a piece of tech.

I've lost a wallet before and it's mainly inconvenient in terms of time. Who doesn't have digital photo's backed up somewhere anyway?

21. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

My Apple Limited Edition Leather iWallet.

Few few were made, I haven't seen another.

Purchased at the Apple Company / Employee Store by a close friend & given to me as a gift. It's priceless.

22. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Mind posting a picture of it? I couldn't find any.

OT: Let's see..

1. iPhone- This would suck because it's just worth the most. Loss of about $700, plus the hassle of buying a new phone, syncing, getting a new SIM with my number, etc.

2. Wallet- Don't care here. I use my father's old bifold leather thing, and all it's got is my debit card/license. Inconveniencing, but basically costless (~$20).

3. Keys- This would suck because my 'key' is my key fob, and it's $100 for a new one, plus programming it at a dealership which means an hour that I have to sit and wait, and add in another $150. Total of ~$250.

So I'd probably say my iPhone, just due to the fact that it's worth the most.