Which would you get, iPhone6, iPhone 6S, iPhone SE.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by langenoir, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Get the 6 now or wait a month and see if work makes the 6S free.

1. Get the iPhone 6 now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for the 6S.

37.0%
  3. Get the SE.

63.0%
  1. langenoir macrumors newbie

My old work phone broke and I need to get a new one. I’m given the option of getting a free iPhone6 or iPhone SE. To get a iPhone 6S I’ll have to pay $200 for the 16 GB model. I’m tempted to get the SE because of the newer hardware and 64 GB disk. The iPhone6 they’re offering only has 16 GB. The thing holding me back is that the screen on the SE is just so damn small, I think it will kill my eyes.

Or would it be worth it to wait till Apple announces the iPhone 7 and hope that work move the 6S into the free category? It does have twice the RAM as the 6.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What was the old work phone that you had (which broke), out of curiosity?

3. noobinator macrumors 601

I'd wait for the 7 to see what pricing happens to the 6s. I found the 6s to be much faster/snappier than the 6. It's only a month away.

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

The 6s would be my choice, simply because it will be more future proofed than the SE and definitely more future proof than the 6. You get 3D Touch and 2 GB of RAM plus the A9 processor which will help this thing last for 3-4 more years if you need it for that long.

5. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Are you able to wait 4-6 weeks without a working phone for work? If not I would get the SE.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Definitely the 6s. It has a lot of the best features and has not been on the market over a year yet. The SE is Great, but the form factor is an adjustment and you will Sacrafice some of the latest features not adopted from the 6s.

I would stray away from the iPhone 6, with only 1 GB of Ram and other outdated features.

I will be upgrading to the iPhone 7 when its released. Might be waiting for if your interested.

7. langenoir thread starter macrumors newbie

It was an HTC One mini.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, the display on the SE is 4 inches, which isn't that much smaller compared to the phone you had which seems to have a 4.3 inch display. It's smaller, but not likely to be that much worse (unless you already had issues with the old phone in relation to that).

9. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Had the 5S which is similar to the SE now in size, have the 6S now, and I really like the 6s that's better for my eyes. Go play with both and determine on your own which you like better

10. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

SE. It's so nice that I am bypassing the 7 for it.

11. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Not the SE, that thing is so small, it's ridiculous.

12. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

These posts make me LOL... so we don't remember iPhones prior to September 2014? ?

I sure do and 2 of them were the same size of the SE and 5 of them were actually smaller... just saying the SE is no smaller than the 5s that we used for a year and the 5 before it

13. langenoir thread starter macrumors newbie

I used to have a 3S. I remember small phones. I don't really want to go back to that. It just seems like the SE has much better specs than the 6. I'm just not sure how much better the SE is than the 6S.

14. se95dah macrumors member

I certainly prefer the screen size of the 6/6s but the SE has a trump card - the battery life is just outstanding. I'll be getting a new iphone in September and if the 7 doesn't match or beat the SE on battery life then I think I will go SE.

15. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

The SE should only be a slight bit ahead of the 6s since it has a lower resolution screen to display. Less pixels equals less work, using the same chip. Would that be noticeable? In most cases, no. The other differences have been noted in many different threads on this forum, some of which are: worse front camera, less impressive screen, better battery life, etc. Compared to the 6 I think it is noticeably faster. Others have mentioned what I'm about to say, but it really boils down to whether or not you want a 4" or 4.7" display. Personally I wouldn't consider the 6, and would just choose either the 6s or the SE.

16. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

3D Touch is something I miss from my 6s now that I have the SE. At first, I thought 3D Touch was useless, but now that more and more applications are on board, it really is a nice shortcut to achieve what I am looking for faster. I will be upgrading back the iPhone 7 next month.

17. geta macrumors 6502a

It’s your work phone, unless you planing to use it also as your private phone, don’t waste your money and take whatever they offer you for free. In that case the SE is the better choice, unless the screen size is more important for you.

PS - How long you should hold this phone, till you get the next upgrade ?

18. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Damn it:mad: false statement,the SE also has the same hardware as iPhone 6s just without 3d touch,then why won't it last long as iPhone 6s??

19. langenoir thread starter macrumors newbie

I have to have it for 20 months. That's why I'm trying to wait till they get the the 6S because it's only a year old where the 6 is already 2 years old. I'm going to go back to the store and look at the screen size of the SE and see if I can deal with it.

20. geta macrumors 6502a

I would go with the free SE - 64GB storage vs. 16GB storage + $200 extra from your pocket...

21. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Either the SE or 6s. While I do prefer the larger keyboard of the 6s, I have no issues typing out emails or texts with my SE.

22. itsray macrumors 6502

how is it more future proof than the SE when they have the exact same internals minus 3d touch (and front camera)

23. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

What will you use as work phone in the meantime? Can you survive without a work cellphone?

Personally, I wouldn't want to use my personal smartphone for work. I've got several unlocked phones (5c, 5s, Moto G) that the family uses for international travel which can be temporarily appropriated for work use. If I didn't have any spare phones to use, I'd just get whatever free model is more suited for my work usage.