while we wait for the iphone 5......... what do yall think about this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cali4ever, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Cali4ever macrumors member

2. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

3. Qoo macrumors 6502

it looks really nice

seems the operating system very smooth :eek:

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

5. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

That's a good looking phone...Hardware and Software wise. I would buy a WP7 over an Android phone in a heartbeat.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Not really sure what I think since most Windows Phones look the same ... but Windows phone is nice;

7. scott craft macrumors 6502a

Nice. WP7 is pretty smooth. I just upgraded from a droid to a WP7 and I'm very impressed with the os.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

8. Cali4ever thread starter macrumors member

9. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Interesting, but I like the ios ecosystems: iPhone, iPad, apple tv 2, macbook pro, macbook air!!! Till there is a high quality window 8 hardware, then maybe!

10. scott craft macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the link. I don't know if I'll do that or not. After my droid I'm a bit reluctant to do any hacks to a phone. I rooted my droid but that created other issues over the long run.

If you have multiple apple products staying with the iphone is probably best, but I came from android so I was open to trying something different. I didn't know for sure if I would like a windows phone, but I read lots of reviews and watched plenty of videos, and so far I'm very pleased. Some things it won't do yet and the amount of apps aren't there yet, but I've found an app to do everything I need the phone to do so far and the mango update will bring it on par with android and iphone.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Why are they firing guns at their factory? The mobile-phone business is apparently rougher than I thought.

As for the phone itself, it seems very generic-looking to me.

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Apple is going to have to "step it up" as competition is going to take it's toll if they do not. WIN7 phones are going to be awesome and will compete with Apple and Android.

The first Windows phones had to be an embarrassment to MS and it looks like they going to introduce what they should have in the beginning.

13. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Just another square, angular, dull Windows phone. As they say, if you don't have an iPhone...

14. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I tend to also care about what a device will do for you and not just as a "fashion statement"!:p

15. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

...life still goes on.

16. DanteMann macrumors 6502

The problem for microsoft was the lack of desirable hardware. But that's now changing with a new higher end batch of handsets with Windows Phone 7 Mango. But out of all the ones on display, it was the phone that Steve pulled out of his pocket that made all the news. It was very Samsung Galaxy S2esque. Looking back now, it may very will be their version of the Samsung Galaxy S Hercules that is coming to TMobile. If this happens, I will be opening an account with Wind Mobile and getting one of these bad boys. If you look at the 2 phones, they look to be exactly the same phone.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/08/05/say-hello-to-the-telus-samsung-galaxy-sii-hercules/#comment_pager

http://www.onlinesocialmedia.net/20...2-s-ii-windows-phone-7-ed-shown-by-microsoft/