White bezel regret?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Orangeman13, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Orangeman13 macrumors regular

Orangeman13

anyone get one of the iPhone's with a white bezel and end up not liking it?' I've always had black since the original iPhone in 2007 but have an itch to try the silver and need help making up my mind by 3AM

2. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Not really. Once I start using the phone, I stop paying attention to the bezel color.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I switched two years ago and haven't looked back. I enjoy white.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

5. Cryates macrumors 6502a

I've actually grown to like the White/Silver the best. That's what I'm buying tonight. Obviously it's your decision, but the white design, mixed with the UI, just feels very Apple to me personally. Take a look at the site...so many stock photos utilizing the white bezel.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Of course this is very much a personal decision, but what I've done is switch back and forth between black and white every time I buy a new phone. Both look great, and it's fun to mix it up each time.

7. DannyT2011 macrumors member

I changed to a white front with the 5s, it looks really nice with the new look of iOS 7 and above.

8. allprologue macrumors regular

I switch it up every time and every time I switch it feels like a refreshing change.

9. kungxpao macrumors regular

kungxpao

No regret here. Last black bezel phone I had was the iPhone 5, white ever since. The white bezel goes perfectly with the UI.

10. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I think the white looks more elegant. Especially that home button. The black also looks classy, but I don't like the gray back. I'm getting white front this time.

11. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

if you've always had black then don't! I made that mistake when the iPhone 4S came out. I loved it when I saw it in-store and when others had it. I hated it 2 weeks in and traded in for a black one ever since. What bothered me the most was that you could see the screen end, followed by a black line - then the white faceplate (if you know what I mean) . With the black bezel you don't see that. Anyways hope this helps!

12. fob macrumors member

fob

the deadspace between display and bezel plus the distractins of black doodoos ruins any perceived elegance of a white bezel

13. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I got the white iPhone 5 and couldn't wait to go back to a black bezel. Only way i'll go white is if that is all the have in stock in the storage size I want.

14. Macsidia macrumors regular

Macsidia

Why couldn't apple be more universal and offer the 4 different aluminium backs with either colour bezel of the users choice on purchase? That means 8 choices of colour instead of the current 4.

15. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Because every one of those is another SKU they have to manufacture, ship, and stock.

16. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

To be fair, I find the white on the 5 and later models much better looking on the phone than it did on the 4.

17. AceMason macrumors regular

I went Gold for the 5S but went back to black bezels for the 6. Don't think I'd go white bezel again; the black looks more seamless in my opinion.

18. sterl320 macrumors 6502

nah i like the white bezel. the black is too boring for the phone, especially with cases. Bt I prefer a black bezel for the iPad. The white bezel makes it look bigger and bulkier than what it is.

19. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I have been getting the white bezel for about 3 generations now. I'm bored with it. When it comes to video, I feel the white distracts and as another posted, all black makes the bezel look like its part of the screen.

That said, I'm going Space Gray this time around.

20. Macsidia macrumors regular

Macsidia

I prefer White bezels too, which effectively gives me 3 possible choices. Silver, Gold & Rose Gold. BUT due to the expected popularity of the Rose Gold, I'll rule that one out.

21. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

I've always had space grey phones, and I'm probably going to choose, eh every year I say white and end up getting black lol

22. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

23. dlondon macrumors regular

I wish it wasn't a choice between black or white for the front - I think grey would look good.

24. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

normally get black but white/silver looks so nice ... i was also considering gold

25. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

Hey if you get silver, I will too.