White flicking notification Iphone 7 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stormking65159, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Stormking65159 macrumors newbie

Stormking65159

do yall have issue with white flicking when notification pull down I think about replacement iphone at apple store or Tmobile I dont wanna get defective iphone 7 plus

2. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502

gatorknight904

Yes I have this same problem. When it occurred with my first iPhone 7 plus (silver 128gb AT&T) I was able to swap it out for a brand new one since I was in the 14 day return period. NOTE: My 1st phone was set up as new, not from a back up. So it was bad out of the box.

I am still having the same problem with my 2nd phone I received from the store in Fort Worth. I did set this phone up from a backup of the 1st one. I was told by the manager in the fort worth store that I have a defective back up and I should restore and set up as a new iPhone (I am not really confident this will fix the problem but I will do it to check the box). If that didn't work she said would take care of me. I just haven't gotten around to doing this since I have a ton of apps.

Will let you know if this fixes my problem. I am shooting to complete the restore as new on this Friday when I am off.

3. Volcano22 macrumors member

I have this issue too (iPhone 7 plus iOS 10.1). If I press on certain notifications e.g. Instagram notifications I get a white flickering and lines appearing through the notification. Think someone advised it was something to do with non iOS wallpapers or a software glitch? I'll ask about it when I'm next in store next week.

4. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502

gatorknight904

It happens to me with iOS wallpapers or Non-iOS wallpapers. I will say it does happen the most with Instagram notifications but it has happened with others. I am leaning towards a software glitch in the notification center code.

Frustrating because there is no fix and all Apple will tell you to do is restore as a new phone. Such a huge inconvenience to the consumer.

5. TruBleu macrumors regular

Yeah, I have it too...but not that often. I haven't yet figured out whether it is associated to any specific app, but it happens only at the notifications screen. And I don't have Instagram. Not too worried yet...just that it could be a bit annoying.

Off topic, almost at roughly the same frequency, I get widget screen crashes (followed by the wheel and password screen). Do you guys have the issue too? This worries me a bit.

iPhone 7 Plus, if it matters.

6. macfacts macrumors 68020

macfacts

Look up touch disease. That's what you have, a grey flickering bar at top of screen. Exchange it at a Apple store.

7. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502

gatorknight904

This is different

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe there was a mention by someone in one of the iOS 10.2 beta 1 threads that the issue wasn't there anymore for them.

9. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502

gatorknight904

I hope that is true.

10. mackie8 macrumors 6502

experience this morning.. im having 10.1.1 .. is this software issue or hardware? i cant replicate it..
    it happens occasionally.

11. mackie8 macrumors 6502

i did manage to take video of this...
    is this a hardware issue?

12. Volcano22 macrumors member

Hi. Mine does exactly that. Doesn't do it as often at the moment but does it every once in a while, mostly with instagram and words with friends notifications. I'm on 10.1.1...wish they'd recognise and fix. I might nip by my local Apple Store in a couple of days and show them. I'll post back if they offer anything useful.

13. Dru419 macrumors newbie

Dru419

I'm having the same issue. I purchased a brand new 7+ a week ago. 256gb with AT&T. Yesterday, this same issue started. I did notice that it occurred when I received IG notifications, however, it also occurred without IG notifications. Also, this only happens when I swipe down to view my notifications.

That said, although I firmly believe this is simply a bug that 10.2 should fix, I believe I found a temporary fix. After digging through the apple forums, someone mentioned that this occurs only when you choose the smallest text fonts (under settings -> display) I actually had it set to the smallest font. I changed it and the white lines and boxes went away.

14. mackie8 macrumors 6502

I have change to smaller font and it havent yet for this week

15. Dru419 macrumors newbie

Dru419

Can you clarify? So you changed it to smaller font or you do you mean you're not using the smallest font?

16. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

I don't have this issue, but I have one where a white line flickers at the top of the screen when you close an app. This has happened to me on four different devices so I believe it to be software related.

17. Dru419 macrumors newbie

Dru419

Yeah that's probably caused by the same culprit. I hope 10.2 fixes it. Are you using a 7 plus too? Seems to only occur the pluses.

18. mackie8 macrumors 6502

Yes i was using 1step higher than the middle font size.. i changed to the middle font size the default one..
    And so far.. its doesnt happen again...

But im having respring issue started 2days ago..

This is my most problematic iphone ... lol

19. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

I've had this issue on a 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus and iPad Air 2.

20. Dru419 macrumors newbie

Dru419

7 plus?

21. mackie8 macrumors 6502

22. mackie8 macrumors 6502

23. Dru419 macrumors newbie

Dru419

Yeah same here. Att is sending me a new phone (since I just bought this one) but I'm pretty sure it'll happen again. I hope 10.2 fixes it.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 7, 2016 ---
    What size is your font set at?

24. Dru419 macrumors newbie

Dru419

Hey...it looks like 10.2 fixes this. I just downloaded and installed beta 10.2 v7. All is well thus far.