White iPad 2 = White iPhone 4 & 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbro1096, Mar 2, 2011.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Well, Apple seems pretty confident that they can produce a white iPad front so do you think they will make the iPhone 5 white along with black and even possibly we'll see a white iPhone 4 this year?

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Would you really buy a white iPhone 4 at this point? I was thinking about it but now that I see all the new tech probably going into the iPhone 5 from the iPad 2 I'll wait. The new iPhone will be blazing fast and pretty obviously in white. They even made fun of their error at the presentation today saying that both colors would be available at launch. For real this time.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If the rumors are true about why the White iPhone 4 hasn't been released yet (the white backplate being to translucent that it affects photos taken with the camera), the iPad 2 won't have those same issues because the back of the iPad is still made of Aluminum, so photos won't be affected at all and the front white bezel was never the issue with the iPhone 4.

[​IMG]

Apple knows how to make white products and releasing a white model along side the black model is nothing new, but because the iPhone 4 had manufacturing issues doesn't mean that the iPad will suffer the same fate. Now will they finally release the iPhone 4 in white? no one knows. like I said above, they don't seem to suffer from the same issues, so its hard to say if they have been fixed.

4. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I love that black ipod nano. I bought one the day they came out and beat the living h*ll out of it. Still works like a champ, as far as I know. I lent it to a family member who now has an iPhone and is sending it back. I hope its in the mailbox tonight. Perfect for the gym. I can run it over and step on it and it'll still run. What a beast.

5. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I don't think that they will bother getting a white iPhone 4 out. If they were going to do that surly they would have offered the Verizon iPhone 4 in white.

iPhone 5 however, I expect that will come in black and white.

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

The white iPhone is a lot different than a white iPad. The iPad doesn't have a flash so you don't have to worry about washing out as you do with the iPhone. I do think they will release a white iPhone 5 though.

7. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

agreed.

9. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Have you guys been on Apple's website and seen the picture of the man and woman facetiming with the iPad 2? The black guy is on the iPad with the black frame and the lighter skin girl (almost white) is on the iPad with the white frame. I thought it was hilarious and I can't believe Apple did that.

10. saving107, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

OMG that is the first thing I noticed and pointed it out to my friends immediately, I don't know if that was an oversight or on purpose, but it is funnily odd.

[​IMG]

EDIT: More oversight (I guess).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

The issue with the white iPhone was the flash washing out pictures. Also there was screen bleed. Not sure if the iPad 2 bazel is glass, though.

12. Gjeepguy macrumors regular

but wouldnt that mean the white girl has the black ipad and the black guy has the white one?

13. EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

People are still buying the 3GS.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't think that we will ever see a white iPhone 4. At this point in time it doesn't seem worthwhile to make one only to introduce the next iPhone in a couple of months. If Apple finally got the paint right, they are saving it for the iPhone 5.

15. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Exactly. What's the point releasing the White iPhone 4 anytime soon when the iPhone 5 will be released in about 3 months?

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Apparently the problems are happening with the proximity sensor and camera flash ... none which the iPad has.