White iPad -- great for browsing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by catalyst6, May 6, 2011.

1. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

The whole device looks slick compared to my old black iPad when browsing and using email.

Opposite is true for movies.....but I've never watched a movie on my iPad!

Funny how colored bits of plastic can change your perception of the entire design.

2. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Yes it is.

3. 0815 macrumors 68000

hmmm, my white iPad still looks slick when watching movies ... and watching the movies is still the same great experience as with the old iPad1.

4. henchman macrumors 6502a

Personal references I guess.
    To me the white one just looks cheap.

5. catalyst6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

i love all ipads equally, but quite happy with white this go round!

I'm sure I'll want black for iPad 3....or just hope for a zebra striped version :)

6. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Yup. I got my white iPad and web browsing (and using Flipboard) are all great. I just much prefer the white one in general. Its alot more modern and stylish looking to me.

7. GP_1 macrumors regular

8. madat42 macrumors regular

says all black iPad owners (again and again and again and again....) :rolleyes:

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I originally bought a white and was happy with it, but something was gnawing at me so I bought a black one to try to decide which to keep. My conclusion was that, while holding the white one, you notice the frame, but while holding the black one, you only notice the screen. The white definitely looks slick and "different" and everyone will know for sure that you have a new ipad2, but the real question is "did I buy an iPad so others would notice it, or did I buy an iPad so I would enjoy using it." If enjoying using it includes other's opinion of me, then white would have been right for me. But, alas, in the end, I packed my white one up and returned it to Target. Gotta love that 90 day return policy.

10. Smoothness macrumors regular

Gotta love having the money to buy two iPads just to see which one you like better.. :rolleyes:

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I went with black just because I found the white one very distracting.

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

It's called a credit card. I'm returning the white one. No cash out of pocket.

13. peled macrumors member

peled

I am from Israel - Which is a Sunny country.
    At one time, my iPad didn't like the hot weather, where the black iPad absobe the heat of the sun ( more then the white I assume), and shut it self down.
    Got that nice warring Temperature !!
    So I assume White has also a very practical use for me here.

14. rikbrown macrumors regular

Girlfriend loves the white, I love the black. I think it's personal preference.

For me the black makes the screen and colours "pop" more, and looks better quality. The white seems yellowish/cheapish, and when the screen is on I can see a bit of black border inside between the screen and edge. Less "perfect" for me.

Just picked up my iPad 2 after doing my first "queue for an Apple launch" (launched yesterday in Thailand). LOVING how snappy it all seems - no lag on opening the multitasking tray!!! Glad my iPad is finally better than my iPhone at things again!

Now waiting for a jailbreak...

15. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'm relatively sure that the screen itself will still absorb a great deal of sunlight. I live in a extremely sunny part of the world as well and have actually never had my iPad shut off.

16. henchman macrumors 6502a

I can see where that would be a reason to getbthe white one.
    I know how hot it can be over there.

17. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

18. xelaetaks macrumors member

im going to order a 64 gb ipad2 soon, i cant decide between the white or black, but i think i really like the white one :apple:

19. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Because it is true

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Picked up a white one today and I'm diggin it thus far.

21. xelaetaks macrumors member

can the white get destracting or does it generally blend in the dark? good for games/videos,etc...?

thx

22. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Personally I prefer the white because I find it makes the screen much cleaner and nicer lookin but it really goes down to personal opinion and you really need to try out both black and white to decide. :)

23. xelaetaks macrumors member

Ok cool. I really like the white one, but i think im gonna go with the black cause i feel it might go better with my night time iPad usage :D

24. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You're kidding, right?

25. Adibobea9 macrumors member

I actually prefer black because I think the opposite is true. Both of them have a black border that is visible where the bezel and screen are glued together, but is much less noticeable in the black since it is the same color.

Thankfully that difference was there because I had a hard time deciding between the black and white…