White ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wesk702, Aug 16, 2010.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

2. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

I'm not sure how that would look with the glass and silver backing.

I can't picture it looking to good in my head.....

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I'm posting from an iPad in my local Apple Store and I say a white one would look weird.

4. Usernames Suck macrumors member

It all depends on if apple changes the ipad design to something closer to the iphone 4. (Which I personally don't think is gonna happen.)

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

He said white iPad so how would the back be silver if it's white?!!!! I'd like to see it though. Might look pretty cool.

6. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Lets encourage them to make the iPad in all the same colors as the nano...

7. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

okay genius....so the iPad isn't going to have a silver back in this version you dream of? Older iPods used to be white with silver backs.

Its highly unlikely that Apple would completely change he design of the iPad to make it ALL white....but whatever works for you.

This is just my opinion

8. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

Colour scheme much like a magic mouse? Alu and slightly translucent white.

Might look quite nice as long as you have a nice vivid background image

9. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

I'm guessing apple is gonna be more playful withe the 7" version and have more colors to target the younger gen especially if it has a multiple color scheme and a cheaper price. I mean what parent wouldn't want to buy a 299 ipad for there kid rather than a laptop if the kid wants one?

And yes, I meant the entire back as white

10. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

What's all this obsession with white idevices? It's just a color.

11. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

Well, white is the Modern Classic Apple trademark.

When they started making black iPods I was a little upset about the style change but I think for the iPod Touch it does look better in black. I haven't seen a white iPhone 4 yet so we'll see how that looks.

As for multiple colours.....yes but only for a smaller version of the iPad. Let the grown up version stay true to the black and silver scheme.

iPod nanos look like they are for kids (rightly so they are) but an iPad isn't meant for teenagers

12. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

O RLY? Why is that?

13. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Never gonna happen

14. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Soooounds like someones angryyyyy......the iPads design is probably going to change anyway........This is just my opinion;)

15. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

iPod nanos look like they are for kids (rightly so they are) but an iPad isn't meant for teenagers[/

This is a tough one. Kinda agree and kinda don't. Honestly though, I don't think u can put an age on the iPad. Just because the majority of those buying it are in their late 20's to early 40's means nothing to me. Teenagers aren't buying them because they themselves can't afford them. If most teenagers could afford them, they would find more ways to use them than the older crowds definitely.

16. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

Generally I suspect that Apple's demographic for the iPad isn't teenagers (under 18)

Functionality and cost make it seem like a choice for older users. I would suspect that iPods, iPhones and MacBooks are more widely used by teenagers than iPads are.

That doesn't mean that no teenagers have an iPad or would like them....I just see it more as a product meant for a slightly older audience.

17. Dragonfly47 macrumors member

Dragonfly47

I can hear the ad now....

"The new iPad Mini: it's not your father's iPad...".

18. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I'd like someone to do a photoshop of that...i'm actually pretty curious on how it would look :rolleyes:

19. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Cost? If a teenager could afford a MacBook then a Teenager could afford a iPad.

Well from my experience I've seen a lot of people my age (17-18) with iPads...

20. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I'm a teenager and I bought an iPad. Kept the money from Christmas and my birthday and bought one. Sold some stuff I never use as well. Always did appeal to me and now there seem to be a few really good apps coming out as well that could replace other stuff like N.O.V.A is like the replacement of an xbox game, amplitude replaces GarageBand for me and there's loads more.

Even though mine is constantly in a case I would really like to see what they are like in say the iPod nano colours and then realise I like mine with the aluminium feel, even though it's in a case???

21. o.neill.kid macrumors member

Really, why do you say that? I am a teenager and if I can afford a MBP or any other Apple product why shouldn't an iPad be meant for a teenager? Especially if they can afford it? Being 16 and going into grade 11 the iPad will be great for me when I buy it next week. I will be able to do all my notes on it and everything else the iPad does.

Anyways if you would like to see a White iPad what it could look like go to ColorWare and design it as white, it doesn't do the front but it does do the back.

22. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

If you're in school check out the app flashcards+ it's really good for testing yourself instead of having loads of sticky notes everywhere. Just some advice.

23. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

24. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I think if the iPad had white model, there would have to be a black model as well. I don't see it having the glass enclosure thats on the iPhone 4, but perhaps the same material that made up the iPhone 3G and 3GS, however I don't see the iPad getting colors.

25. jasg49 macrumors member

Actually, it is a mixture of all colors....:D

If people object to silver, why not make the back gold?