White iPhone 4 antenna?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arminator, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Arminator macrumors member

due the delay of white iphone 4 due painting issues, will they also fix the antenna? your thoughts

2. oilfighter macrumors regular

negative ghost rider

3. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

The the the antenna will be fixed after Sept 30 with a internal bumper or insulator around the antenna. It will be a silent manufactering process change.

Apple will just say, "the issue is fixed, and we were able to fix this issue and still keep our great design intact"

Apple will not offer a explanation of how they fixed this issue.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

There is no information at all to substantiate this claim.

And no, the white iPhone 4 - if it ever comes out - will have the same antenna.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I am going to copy and paste my own reply from another thread,

Sept 30th is the end of the financial quarter for Apple, so financially they will have to re-access the issue in september and see if the media frenzy has calm down enough for them to continue to sell these bumpers at $30 fee, because in the end, Apple is a public company and has to make money for its shareholders.

If Apple fels that at the end of the 3rd quarter sales were hurt by the iPhone antenna issue, then they will be incline to fix it, but if the sales continue to go up and the return rate stays low, 'then why fix whats not broken' in Apple's opinion.

6. GaiaAero macrumors regular

If Apple were to make a hardware fix on the iphone 4, would current iPhone 4 owners get a replacement or would we be screwed over?

7. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

negative ghost rider

8. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

Well common sense would tell you that apple has not and will not officially address the outcome of this issue or the future plans to remedy the issue.

So that is my best guess as to what will happen.

So again what info do you need "to substantiate this claim"? It's my opinion! Use common sense moron!

9. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

No antenna fix for the white iphone. Would not make sense to do this and make a lot of people mad.

10. tivoboy macrumors 68040

record

I'm going to go on the record and say

almost definitely

11. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

No need for you to start a new thread and post it in at least two existing threads, let's keep this thread going shall we?

I believe the white iPhone won't even NEED an antenna. Yep. It will literally work by magic.

And possibly unicorns.

12. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

they are not going to sell the same product in different color with different hardware. if they did it wouldn't be the same product. the white iPhone 4 will be identical to the black iPhone 4 with the only difference being the color. I don't know why everybody thinks they're going to this. Especially now that they're giving away free bumpers and cases. They aren't going to put any more money than needed into this scenario. Quit making stupid rumors.

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

This.