White Iphone 4; Around July 17th???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ectlu93, Jun 28, 2010.

1. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

So I just got off the phone with apple and after being put on hold for two minutes(really 6 ;). and the lady told me she was speaking to the iphone sales support team, in which they told her the White iphone 4 will be out sometime around the 17th of July...Just thought I would pass this along to all the COOL people waiting to get the white iphone like myself :cool:

2. Sustainability macrumors regular

Nice! I was worried we would go a whole 5 hours before someone made another white iphone thread with a subjective date projection!

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

It's a little vague and not much better than most guesses but I appreciate you sharing. I can't wait for everybody to pop in here saying "pics or it didn't happen". Its getting pretty old at this point. Thanks again.

4. ectlu93 thread starter macrumors member

ectlu93

yea i actually thought it would be later, like 30 days after the black model was released so that people could return black for white...I think what apple should do is say if you bought a black one thats a final sale, if you want to get a white one...BUY IT! ! !

5. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

6. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I am curious to know if and when they will take pre-orders and reservations for the white iPhone 4.

7. ZPAMG macrumors member

I imagine there will be...there has to be some kind of organization to it.

8. ectlu93 thread starter macrumors member

ectlu93

i really dont think they will go through the pre-order process since the phone was officially released last week... They will release a statement with the exact date in the coming weeks.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I believe Apple had said middle-late July. I guess "around" July 17th is a somewhat tighter estimate.

10. ZPAMG macrumors member

It will just be like a preorder though....order online and get it when they have it in stock

11. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

Why haven't they done this already? I mean, we know they're making them and that they're going to release them eventually, why not allow pre-orders? Personally, I'd just like to have mine ordered so that it's just delivered whenever it comes out.

12. xqb4dpx macrumors member

July 17 sounds like a good one. It's also a Saturday. I'm not saying that this tech support person is correct, July 17 just sounds like a good prediction.

But realistically, I am expecting it to be released around July 24 -- or anytime around that week. Anyone else think so?

13. ectlu93 thread starter macrumors member

ectlu93

yea my first guess was also around the 24th of July but if its July 17 ill take that :D. Im just hoping Apple will give an official statement with the exact date.

14. ZPAMG macrumors member

Personally I would too....

But if they let you order now with ship date in Late July, everyone who is waiting for their black phone on July 14th will cancel their preorder and wait a little longer.

15. erure macrumors regular

I wish I could preorder already so I don't have to constantly check for updates from Apple. Even knowing just the date when preorders start would give me some peace of mind. :eek:

16. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i was thinking about that time too... too bad i'm going on a cruise after the 18th... would be nice if we could place our orders now!

17. omizzle macrumors regular

18. xqb4dpx macrumors member

This is an interesting point. But still, if you're Apple, pre-orders help you estimate demand, which is a great benefit. Whitephone4 fans canceling black iPhone 4 pre-orders equal more available walk-ins. I think it's in their favor to start pre-orders soon. Let's hope.

19. ectlu93 thread starter macrumors member

ectlu93

yea i would agree with that....i was just on a live chat with apple and they told me to keep checking to apple.com/store to see when they update the status on the white iphone.....

20. xqb4dpx macrumors member

21. tocheeba macrumors member

My guess is that it won't come out until after the 24th of July. And pre-orders not commencing until the 14th or 15th if they even do preorders. Apple likes to announce everything at last minute. If I didn't love their phone so damn much, I'd swear them off - I'm just sick of their attitude and lack of communication on a lot of things lately.

22. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

My guess, July 25th. That is just past the 30 day return policy so Apple doesn't have to deal with returns from people who just wanted the white one.

23. xqb4dpx macrumors member

The fact that they announced that the lack of white iPhone 4's the afternoon before the launch surprised me. This could mean that Apple might have been waiting on the initial white iPhone 4 shipment til the last minute, so they couldn't make a definite announcement on their availability until then. The original iPhone was shipped to AT&T and Apple stores on 6PM the day of the launch. Apple likes to take the risk of last-minute shipments being on schedule. This could mean that they already have some quantities on hand ...

My guess is also that they don't care about black-to-white swappers. There are only a few people who plan to do that on this forum, and how much does MacRumors represent the entire iPhone customer base? Extremely little. Besides, I'm sure they're going to just disallow black-to-white exchanges entirely since Apple employees were being very clear at the black iPhone 4 launch that if you were planning on buying white, don't buy a black one then. This could mean that they're going to be sold before the 30-day return window closes.

24. ZPAMG macrumors member

There is no such thing as “estimating” demand at this point in the product life cycle. It is there…more so then any other product on the market. It is all about supply for now. They will make sure they have filled every preorder/order of this first batch of black phones before they let people order white ones. And they will simply say “no exchanges for color”. Makes it simple. So I would imagine that any day after the 15th (when all of the black ones have been sent out and activated) they will put them up for sale, and I wouldn’t expect them to announce a date before, because that stops people from “caving” in and ordering the more “available” black phones – if there is such a thing.

25. ectlu93 thread starter macrumors member

ectlu93

This makes alot of sense.I think Apple has more than enough of the white models now, the next plan of action is to finally decided what damn day to start the pre orders!!