White iPhone 4 - its coming out soon!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barny, Jan 18, 2011.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

AP.

However, this isn't PROOF that it is coming but seeing these "leaks" being thrown from left and right makes me think it might be true. But now this question gets raised.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There have been reports about the mythical White iPhone 4. All of them point towards Feb 27.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

As recently as last week during the Verizon iPhone Announcement, Apple re-affirmed that the White iPhone won't be released to Verizon or AT&T until Spring 2011. Spring begins March 20, 2011.

Though there are more and more sites now claiming Feb 27th (Sunday) as the release date, it could be that one website is just copy+pasting the info from another website that just pulled a date out of thin air, and because more sites are reporting this, now its being passed off as proof without any reliable sources.

As far as inventory systems of retail company's, they have been known to have place-holders based on reports floating online.

4. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

But there were no rumors/reports to base that off of until they posted the details. It all seems to originate from them their-selves. (< is that a word?)

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

6. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Which colour though? :rolleyes:

7. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Sorry OP, its not gonna happen. We all know this. Iphone 5 is just around the corner, it was shocking enough to see a revision for verizon before iP5 release. If theres going to be a white iphone it will be the iphone 5...

8. SL4VE macrumors 6502

red

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I am not one for making new threads, and since this one seems to be the most recent regarding the White iPhone 4 (That didn't have a flame war going on), I am going to use it and sorry if I am hijacking this thread.

MacRumors and Engadget both posted today about the new iPhone 4 TV Ad showcasing Verizon and AT&T as the carries of the iPhone and I was curious to see it, but both had the link to a crappy YouTube clip of someone recording their tv set, so I went over to Apple.com to try ad find a better version, but its not available yet.

Anyways, as I was browsing I began to notice that Apple updated their website and no longer has any photos of the White iPhone 4 anywhere. Before, even though it was delayed, they still provided promo images in the Gallery section of www.apple.com/iphone, now they have been removed.

[​IMG]

I don't know when this change occurred, but if it was recently, I wonder is Apple is going to scrap the whole idea and just move past it.

Before
    [​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]

and if I'm reading the file name of this image correctly, does it mean that Apple updated this photo on Jan 6, 2011? This update could have been just to update the Home Screen to keep it up-to date and include GameCenter in the image? I don't know (I'm just assuming), but it strikes me as odd that knowing for the past 6 months that it was being delayed, now is when they finally decide to change the image, when we are approaching their Spring deadline??

[​IMG]

10. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

There was a front page post about apple pulling all the white iPhone 4 pictures. I hope the white one comes out before Spring, that would truly be amazing.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I believe I read that post, and that was back in October and it only mentioned the removal of the option to order the white iPhone 4 (unless I missed a more recent article) the gallery and bumper images were still there up until recently. Now all images seem to be gone.
    [​IMG]

12. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

13. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Even if a white iphone 4 came out now. no way I'd buy it being that we'll likely see another one in June.

I wouldn't even waste and get a conversion kit at this point.

14. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I REALLY care that a white iPhone 4 comes out in Feb for the simple fact that it will mean any issues with production/flash will have been worked out and the iPhone 5 will have an on-time and problem free white version :D

15. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

While it has no bearing on these rumors, Apple is still using images of the white iPhone in some ways. Service requests for the iPhone 4 still show both black and white models on the case status page.

16. riz78612 macrumors regular

??

???

eneeee???with a funny face...:confused:

thats been the same since it came out last year...click on the white iphone it states unavailable....it hasnt changed

17. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

I wonder if they release a white iPhone whether it will be revised with verizon like antennae and if they revise the black version aswell.

If they don't IMO it'll be a very good sign that the part that leaked in the video that was posted was indeed of an iPhone 5.