White iPhone 4 to Finally Arrive By End of April

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Bloomberg is reporting that Apple will finally deliver the white iPhone 4 by the end of April after a 10 month wait.
The new version will be available from AT&T Inc. and Verizon Wireless by the end of April, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the plans aren’t public. The release was stalled as Apple resolved manufacturing challenges, including paint that peeled under heat, one person said.
Bloomberg's sources reveal that the issue that had caused the delay involved the white paint peeling under heat. After the initial delays, Apple had said the white iPhone would ship by Spring 2011. The new model may help boost sales of the iPhone 4 which has been on the market since June of 2010. Bloomberg also confirms previous reports that Apple is not planning on introducing a new iPhone at WWDC, possibly waiting until later this year to introduce the iPhone 5.

Article Link: White iPhone 4 to Finally Arrive By End of April

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Anyone feel confident buying a white one given the problems they've had getting one made?
Granted all of the issues everyone has had with the iPhone 4 over the past year (death grip/Antennagate, etc), I doubt that colour is going to be the least of their concerns.

At this point, waiting another 3 - 5 months for an iPhone 5 would be more prudent than being locked into something so soon before a new device comes out.

BL.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
It doesn't really matter at this point. Black or white, it's the iPhone. It'll still sell out.

bakerzdosen

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2006
Agreed. Who in their right mind would buy this? I don't care when the iPhone 5 comes out - I've stuck with my 3g for this long, I'm not going to cave now and get an iPhone 4 - even if it is white. It's all about contracts. If I'm going to be stuck with something for 2 years, it had better be the best available at the time of purchase.

Personally, although I really like Apple, I hope that iPhone 4 sales tank in the next month or two. 1 year and 3 months is too long to have the iPhone 4 be your flagship phone product - especially when you don't communicate it to your customers. But, knowing my luck, sales will take off when they don't announce anything in June. :(

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

SeattleMoose said:
this is soooooo 2010.
It's better than being two-thousand and late....

(couldn't resist)

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I wonder how many people will side-grade to the white one. Not sure how many new sales this will spur.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)

jasonxneo said:
It doesn't really matter at this point. Black or white, it's the iPhone. It'll still sell out.
yah the white iPhone looks fresh as hell!
I'll admit it does look pretty sweet. The metal and white. It seems to work from what I can tell from the pics.

Mac-Mariachi

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Will it come bumped?

Yes, white is beautiful, but I think it has to come with, at least, a small upgrade to make up for the late arrival. Perhaps 1GB of RAM or a bump in processor speed. I´ll consider it then, if it´s just a white iPhone 4 then I think I´ll wait for iPhone 5... although it looks sexy as hell in white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.