White iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awadeee, Jan 21, 2011.

1. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Kinda new here but was just wondering if anyone could explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D4x_RQsX1o

This guy also has another video on his channel with the white iPhone 4 connected to iTunes, and iTunes recognizes that it's white, therefore eliminating the possibility of color conversion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCsp_FVdGPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3BQq3nqE0g

I'm honestly at a loss as to how these people (a select few off of the many on YouTube that got the phone) got seemingly "OEM" white iPhone 4s, and none of these YouTube users seem to telling anyone where they got them. If anyone could help me out with this in any way I'd be very appreciative.

- Anthony

2. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

They either modded the software on the phone somehow.

OR

Had a situation like my friends dad where he ordered about 100 iphones from apple/Rogers, and he received 3 white ones in the first order. How the hell they got out? I dont know.

3. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah, I just really want one. I've no interest in purchasing a black one, nor do I want a converted one. I've seen a couple on eBay but they were obvious conversions. I'm very interested in an OEM phone and don't really trust the tentative Best Buy release date of 27 February.

4. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Just do what i did and get an OEM black one and then buy a white conversion kit. I LOVE my white iphone 4 :D

5. 184550 Guest

Perhaps a more careful reading next time, eh?

6. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah but I want an OEM one, LOL. I just want to know where these people are getting them. In the YouTube video I posted where the guy who sounds like a preteen is unboxing his 4, he said that he got it from his dad who "exports tech overseas". That's pretty vague if you ask me. The Canadian simply didn't say where he got his, and the other video that I posted had a link in the description that said "buy now" but it just took you to a site that sells skins...

7. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Way to be so helpfull. He said he didnt want a CONVERTED one, buying one and converting it himself would still be an option. Ever think of that?

Yeah people who have them are sketchy about them. You WONT be able to get an OEM one without forking out thousands. As much as you dont want a converted one its really not that hard to do :D

8. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Word.

And I've heard the rumours about both Vodafone along with Best Buy (already mentioned) having the product SKUs in their database but I truly won't be satisfied until I know where to actually acquire one, whether it be from Apple, or some random source that managed to snag a few white "strays" that managed to sneak away from Apple.

9. crovian macrumors regular

i think once white iphone 4 comes out, there will be companies doing legit white conversions.
    my plan is to go to one of those

10. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure there is NO white iPhone 4 released to the public.

11. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah, I know my way around an iPhone. I just don't like the idea of it; I'd rather have the real thing. Props to you for forking out the cash to convert though, I've just been waiting since June for the official white model.

12. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Some have managed to acquire official ones, though.

13. techluvr macrumors regular

Mr. Preteen's is a pretty obvious fake. See my comments on the vid for why. I didn't watch the second one.

14. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Yeah, like celebrities.

15. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I just noticed that while looking at it. For a few reasons,

1. the Shrink wrap on the box was pretty loose.

2. He never removed the top shrink wrap and the picture on the front looked like it got printed from a bad printer.

3. He never focused properly on the back to show that its the white one, probably a bad print job too.

My guess is he did a conversion and just mailed it to himself..

16. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah, I noticed the text thing too but I shrugged it off as maybe his camera/lighting being ****** or just the fact that he can't quite seem to hold the camera still... Glad someone else noticed that though.

17. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Not quite what I was thinking.

18. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

In addition, you should give the other videos at least a brief glance cause maybe you'll notice something I didn't.

19. 184550 Guest

Perhaps one could utilize their reading comprehension skills next time, eh?

I don't frequent the iPhone forum much. I always forget how rampant it is with users that lack common sense.

20. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Do you seriously have nothing to contribute to this thread? You're simply here to bash eh?

I was merely offering an option, more than what you care to offer here.

I realize he didn't want a converted one, but neither did I when i first saw it, but once i realized that the phone WASNT GETTING RELEASED, I did the conversion myself.

21. Kevlar, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

Kevlar macrumors 6502

Just look at the box, and the cables in the box. They have already been un-wrapped....

It's brutally obvious they are fakes. Why people waste their time trying to make themselves look like they are special is beyond me.

22. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

In all the videos or just the one, bro?

23. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

Before posting this thread, I had pm'd a Youtuber about where he had purchased his phone. I asked him,

"Hello, was just wondering where your iPhone 4 white model was purchased? Thanks!"

He replied just now with,

"Hi, it wasn't purchased, Apple sent it to me to review on my channel. Thanks."

Highly unlikely, considering his videos usually get a max of 1000 views. Asshat.

The user's name is "brandhittech".

24. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

there is NO WAY anyone can acquire an iPhone 4 in white unless it was converted. it's impossible. and since you seem to think otherwise, you're very gullible.

25. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

There's no need to be rude. I'm just trying to examine this from all possible angles.