White iPhone 5 owners! Case or no case? If so Which one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BlackBook88, Sep 21, 2012.

?

Case or Naked

1. White iPhone 5 no case no screen protector

31 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. White Iphone with Case and or screen protector

52 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Full body skin or screen protector no hard case.

23 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. BlackBook88 macrumors member

Lets be real. The iPhone 5 is the best looking piece of technology on the market wether it be a smartphone, laptop, tablet, camera, etc. This thing white or black is freaken gorgeous. White might be lightly better looking. Are you guys rocking a case and/or screen protector? If so which brand and style?

I currently have the Verizon 64gb White iPhone 5 no case with a Verizon screen protector. Temporary until I decide if I want to do a full clear skin such as ghost armor or a strong case like the ottor box.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have the black one, so I hope it's okay for me to answer! I have always used a case with my iPhone before, but for the first time I am tempted to just go with the full body skin and bumper. It seems a shame to cover this gorgeous design with a case.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

4. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Incipio kicksnap if I can get one to look at in hand.

5. donster28, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

donster28 macrumors 65816

I bought this 'no name' case at a Telus store...well, actually it's branded 'Telus' but I don't exactly know who makes it for them.

I gotta say it's just what I wanted, a gel case that's not too soft, not too hard, easy to remove but stays put and won't scuff like hard cases usually do. I love it!

Attached Files:

6. c1ar3 macrumors newbie

I'm going to use a screen protector and glue Swarovski crystals on the back of my phone. I did the same thing to my 4s.

7. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Great taste you have there. Bought similar ones :) One smoked and a clear one like yours. Thank you for sharing pictures. Can't wait to get mine.

8. wratran macrumors regular

This is perfect to show off the oem design.
    Where can i get lne in the US?

9. macguy77 macrumors newbie

I just got this case as well and it's pretty cool. I got mine at best buy under the in house bran "rocketfish" for 22.99!

10. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

I picked up a similar case at GameStop for $10. It's basically the same thing and works like a charm.

11. Brigrat macrumors member

12. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

It was a pretty cheap one too. Didnt expect that it would be so cheap. Do you have it atm? or is it shipped?

13. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Incipio Frequency. Picked up at AT&T store today. It's a modified version of their NGP cases that they had for the 4 and 4S. The NGP case has been my favorite for the past two years. Very durable! Don't see why the frequency would be any different.

14. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

Going with a black Otterbox Defender for my black iPhone 5. I don't know, while I love the slimness of it, it doesn't seem as sturdy as my Android phones of past. Better safe than sorry...at least until I get sick of lugging that monstrosity around! :D

15. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I bought the same exact case off of eBay. It's a great case. I got it for just under $5 shipped.

16. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

I have a white 5 but got a black Otterbox Defender. AT&T store only had black, pink, and purple. Costs just as much to get a screen protector and case as the OB(@ AT&T). It actually looks nice with the white showing through too. The 5 case is much slimmer and more solid feeling than the 4 case I had previously. Only thing, after one full day of use, the skin already got damaged from clipping the phone into the holster. Other than that, I love it!

17. McBeats macrumors 6502a

this :D

18. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I don't want to hide this beauty. I never case my iPhones and usually get 16gb versions. But now that I have a 64gb I feel like I have to protect it lol. So I'm using best buys rocket fish clear gel like case similar to the post above.

Description is similar. Not too hard/soft or too rubbery. Glides well out of pocket. And I can still see beauty of the phone. 20 bucks

19. walds11 macrumors 6502a

No case for me, just clear-coat full body protection. And a bumper when I find one as good as the Apple OEM bumper. Apparently Apple is not releasing a bumper for the iPhone 5 :(

20. iSmoke macrumors regular

looks like a belkin case. it's nice! i'm not sure which case i'm getting for my iPhone yet. i might get zagg on it first .

21. jbromer, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Careful. Used this case one day and it filled up with lint/dirt. Am returning it today before it scratches the phone. Too bad though, only all clear case with a lip over the front that I could find.

Update: Returned and got the Speck Candyshell - the white/grey on white looks very good.

22. kalexn macrumors 6502

I definitely am too OCD to have it uncovered (not to mention I drop my phone too often) so I am going with a Speck case and a screen protector. I don't want to go with something of a cheap plastic or too bulky (so no otterbox or lifeproof for me) but I want something to cover it.