Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Do u think the release of the white iPhone will mean we will have to wait until mid may at earliest for the new iMac's???

sth

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
The old world
Yeah, Apple had to reassign several thousand engineers to fix the light bleeding on the white iPhone. Therefore the '11 iMac and Mac Pro updates have been canceled. Better luck next year.

:rolleyes:

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
sth that's not what i meant at all. All I simply meant was that given that there has been at least 2 weeks between product releases this year is it likely that if as is being reported the whit iPhone is release this week the 27th I believe, will the iMac not be seen till mid may at no point did i ever suggest it wasn't coming this year?

sth

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
The old world
sth that's not what i meant at all. All I simply meant was that given that there has been at least 2 weeks between product releases this year is it likely that if as is being reported the whit iPhone is release this week the 27th I believe, will the iMac not be seen till mid may at no point did i ever suggest it wasn't coming this year?
Even if the iMac comes out two weeks after the white iPhone: Who says that the iMac wasn't planned for that release date anyway? In short: We'll never know if the white iPhone release does anything to their normal release schedule.

Could even be that they release both at the same day.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Maybe they will release both the White iPhone and the new iMac on the same day.

I'm not saying I know anything, but heck if anyone else can start a rumor ...

Why not me! :D

:apple:

ShiftyGray

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
Maybe they will release both the White iPhone and the new iMac on the same day.

I'm not saying I know anything, but heck if anyone else can start a rumor ...

Why not me! :D

:apple:

Despite the meaning of the word rumor, what is posted here on MacRumors is usually not without evidence, nor would anyone in their right mind appreciate simple guesswork or wishful thinking.

That being said, I think it is in Apple's best interest to release the new iMacs as soon as possible, and a new iPhone color is not likely to cause a two week delay for that.

WalcomTV

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
NSW, Australia
A different coloured iPhone wouldn't flood the apple website with that much traffic, would it?
Realistically, what have they got to lose? People that know the new edition is coming out are willing to buy the thing day one, no questions asked, so... why wait?

Spyriadon

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
I was worried about it delaying it but to be honest i don't think it will.

It's not a 'new product' its the same product in a different colour and from the polls on the front page the vast majority of people wont buy one.

And lets be fair anyone waiting for a new imac isn't going to buy a white iphone before there imac are they?

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
so.......does anyone think they will launch side by side on wednesday then or ae we indeed looking next week at the earliest now :S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.