White Iphone Unbox Video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac Headroom, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Mac Headroom macrumors newbie

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

It's most likely a review unit that he purchased from a Third Party at a very, very high price.

The back of the box says AT&T.

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

4. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

That's the question. Some people just don't have lives and want attention. They're sad that way.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the one big thing that makes me shout fake is the packaging, apple don't bubble wrap their phones and the shrink wrap was not as clean as apple would do it and if you look right at the beginning the box had been opened before and resealed with celotape lol

6. supremeMilo macrumors member

Doesn't the AT&T version not come with a sim removal tool?

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nope. That was only for the 3G, supposedly because Apple was testing out LiquidMetal.

Agreed. I got mine from Apple on launch day (day before actually) and the iPhone retail box was suspended in the middle with shrink-wrap around a cardboard holder. It was pretty clever packaging I'll admit. Basically, it was nothing like his.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

And the 3GS.

9. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

Before people deny the validity of the package through Apple's iPhone shipping practices (Apple usually does cellophane wrapping of the phone to a cardboard panel, as opposed to bubble wrap in the video), he most likely received it from a third party vendor working with OEM manufacturers, not Apple.

Unless you're one of those guys on Apple's good graces like Walt Mossberg, it's doubtful Apple themselves are shipping out any white iPhones.

You don't really get a good view of the phone's back on this video. He does have another video of the phone, and the flash/diffuser assembly does appear to be present.

10. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

I suspect he has simply paid some professional company/service to change the covers to white, hence the sim removal tool, different box contents from the first video to the second. Also look how quickly he has mastered the settings in the camera, if he has just opened that ip4 for the first time, he wouldn't be as quick with the settings. All this, as well as he mentions his wife has a black iPhone 4, screams fake to me, or Chinese.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHmdrx457M

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

He didn't buy it from Apple's retail store, so it's very likely where ever he got his white iPhone 4, and even Apple employees who have received it, have had it shipped that way. Apple may want to be extra careful with shipping out white iPhone 4's because there's a low stock to replace them with. AppleCare isn't consistent with packaging parts, either. A third-party seller seems likely to have packaged it that way as well.

If you want to try to make out the shipping label, knock yourself out, it is fairly clear.

12. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I don't know what you're seeing, and I know the video quality isn't the greatest, but I think I have to disagree with you.

Unfortunately, I can't upload pics from my iPhone to this forum, but I've been studying multiple shots of the back in this video. There does appear to be a metal bezel around the flash.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

how many times can the guy use the word White. :rolleyes: I committed about the sim tool. and the fact the charger and headphones weren't wrapped as apple does. My post is pending his approval on youtube. you wanna bet it doesn't get approved.

14. shandyman Suspended

my iphone 4 came with a sim removal tool....

15. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Think you folks in the UK got one with your phones since you have multiple carriers out there. We here in the states are stuck with AT&T, hence, no sim tool for us :mad:

16. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

so how are you suppose to put the sim in when you buy from AT&T via net? do you have to take it in shop? or is it inshop purchase only?

17. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Every iPhone has a new sim inside it which I guess is why they removed the sim eject tool with the iP4.

and ya I think it's fake, that wrapping looked soo crappy which probably means it was converted white and resealed.

18. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

19. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

And if people ever want to swap the SIM after, all they'll need is a paperclip.

Also, I'm not saying I find this totally legitimate, but if you look carefully you can see that weird silver grille above the ear speaker which is absent from the white model. If it were a black one that was repainted I doubt that would be there.

20. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

The earbuds and charger weren't wrapped. Fake.

21. nfl46 macrumors 603

Well, SOME people do have FAMILY that works for Apple and can hook them up. I have two friends with legit white iPhones but they work for Apple though. Apple employees always get the hook up.

22. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

OR maybe he has had an iPhone before? (i.e. his wife has an iPhone) I knew how to operate every setting and function right out of the box because I've used previous iPhones and had seen the iOS before I got my iPhone 4

23. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Japan only has one carrier (Softbank) but the iPhones 4s here come with the removal tool.

24. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Anyone claiming this is fake because of the minor detail of the plastic wrapping needs to take a look at the actual phone and more importantly the speed of the iOS software in his second vid. Everything works and functions exactly as it should on any other iPhone 4, meaning this isn't some budget Chinese knock-off. Seems completely legit.

I'm just really curious how he ended up getting it though.

25. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

When I said fake I didn't mean it was a knock off, I think it was once a black iphone and was made to be white.

Why go thru the big hoax? Idk, but I've never gotten an iphone with unwrapped cables and stuff in the box.