White iPhone vs Black iPhone?

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I was possibly deciding on trading my black iPhone for a white one. I always thought about it but now with IOS 7 I am definitely considering it. As much as I love the black, its nice having a clean phone that maches the UI of the software as well. First off, is it worth it? Secondly, I heard people saying the black is better performance wise and faster and such. If this is true I obviously will not be doing it. Which led me to posting this thread!

Thanks all,

--Nick
Who the heck is telling you that black is better performance wise? What's more surprising is your level gullibility.

aenflex

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2013
FL, USA
Yellowing of Iphone 5 (white)??

WTF. I've had my 5 since Feb. Always in a case and screen protector. Never thought much about it one way or another until my friend got a new 5 last week. That's when I noticed that the white parts of the front of mine looked yellowed. I figured it was the screen protector, it was a throw-in with a case I bought, and let it go.
Today I peeled off the protector and dammit - my phone is yellowing. The white ceramic on the back is pristine, bright white. The front is dull, nicotine-stained looking. I don't have another camera on me right now aside from my phone, but I'll add a pic later.
Anyone else experiencing this? It's gross. I would have gotten the black, nothing pisses me off like yellowed white electronics.

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
WTF. I've had my 5 since Feb. Always in a case and screen protector. Never thought much about it one way or another until my friend got a new 5 last week. That's when I noticed that the white parts of the front of mine looked yellowed. I figured it was the screen protector, it was a throw-in with a case I bought, and let it go.
Today I peeled off the protector and dammit - my phone is yellowing. The white ceramic on the back is pristine, bright white. The front is dull, nicotine-stained looking. I don't have another camera on me right now aside from my phone, but I'll add a pic later.
Anyone else experiencing this? It's gross. I would have gotten the black, nothing pisses me off like yellowed white electronics.
Pictures please!