White iPhone4 to Ship with 4.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kayan, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Kayan macrumors 6502

Wanting your opinions on if you think the white iPhone4 will have 4.1 FW on it...Since Apple just released 4.0.1 last week, is it likely too soon to release 4.1? I only ask here because I have SHSH's saved for my current black iPhone, but I'd rather have the white one and the last day to return it for full refund is tomorrow, so you can see the pickle my thoughts are in: risk getting the white one without JB vs. keep black with SHSH security

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Most definitely not. The 4.1 firmware released was beta 1. They usually go through 3 or 4 beta's before release so expect 4.1 in early September.

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

white is too feminin. :) just my opinion though.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

OP's July 2010 join date showing thru on this post.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, and the newbie under his screenname gives it away:)

7. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

speaking of the "newbie" what are the differences with all the names? mine just changed from macrumors regular to a number...wtf?

8. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think the more posts you have the higher the number or ranking gets under your name.

10. greenday123 macrumors 6502

11. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

My title says I'm a newbie, so I'm gonna take advantage of it while I still have only a few posts :) Surprising that an almighty veteran like you had to figure that out from my Join Date rather than just spotting the obvious "macrumors newbie" title under the name.
    Thanks for the clear answers

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Please don't post speculation with thread titles that are declarative sentences. Your thread title is appropriate only for a thread featuring actual news, not a question or speculation.

13. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It was the content of the post which allowed me to "figure" it out.

And I am not an "almighty veteran", there are many here who know much more than I do about these things.

14. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

OP - To echo thelatinist's post (and in case people don't know what "declarative sentence" means"), try using a question mark (?) at the end of a question -- it's really very helpful in marking your question as a question.

Otherwise, don't let all the noob comments get to you. We were all noobs at one point or another.

15. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

What is SHSH and what is a blob?

16. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

Right....

Good reminder for some

17. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

Fellow newb! Even though you can read about it all over online, I'll answer that. Essentially all you need to know is that an SHSH blob is a file that, if saved for a certain device and firmware, will allow you to restore that device to that certain fw even if Apple doesn't want you to (ie, when they release newer fw's). Thus if a jailbreak requires you to have an older fw and you have saved your SHSH, then you can downgrade fw and jailbreak anytime. There are programs that will save them for you.

18. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

In the future you should add a question mark to your thread titles, it seems like you are making a factual statement. I'm just trying to help you out, people will click on the thread thinking there is some evidence or something to back your statement.... then when they realize its actually a question they will get annoyed.

19. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

I've discovered that. Change has been made. Thanks for the repeat advice anyways.

20. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

In light of the new Apple statement that the white iPhone4 won't be coming out until "later this year", do you think it is more probable that it will ship with 4.1 release? Is anyone familiar with how long it usually takes Apple to release an update after they release the first beta version of it? I have never paid any attention to it in the past, since I didn't JB, so I'm just wondering if the timeline for the official 4.1 is on the order of months, weeks, or maybe even next year?

21. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

We'll never know since we are not 100% certain when the white iPhone will come out. They say by the end of the year, but they also said at the end of July and that didn't pan out so well. Whatever the current version of software is out when the iPhone becomes available is what is probably going to be installed on the phone.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

who knows maybe they will skip the white until 5G and it will be 5.0. time will tell life goes on. I was waiting for white but I've now ordered my black.

23. na1577 macrumors 6502a

It depends. In past years, Apple has shipped
    the 4.1 firmware with the iPod touch refresh in early September. Unless Apple plans on shipping the white iPhone before then, it will ship with 4.1.