White Macbook being phased out - Speck 50% off White Macbook Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SPNarwhal, Jul 22, 2011.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

So, with the word of Apple phasing out the White Macbook completely in favor of the Macbook Air, here's what could be even more evidence. ?

I just got an e-mail from Speck advertising a sale this weekend for 50% off all White Macbook cases, maybe they know something we don't (officially) and they're trying to clear their inventory before Apple officially announces it.

Apple hasn't made any statements on it yet, have they? I haven't really been keeping a super close eye on it, I just know that there was some rumor about the White Macbook disappearing off the face of the planet; no new model.

2. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Oh, if anyone wants to buy a White Macbook Speck Case for 50% off, the code is "WHITEMACRULES"

3. MBABuyer macrumors regular

HELLO PEOPLE!!!!!!

THE REASON APPLE GOT RID OF THE MACBOOK IS BECAUSE THE BASE 11" MBA IS $999, THE SAME PRICE AS A MACBOOK.

THEY FIGURED, PROBABLY CORRECTLY, THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO BUY A $999 NOTEBOOK WOULD RATHER HAVE A NICE, LIGHT, THIN, AND PERFECTLY USABLE LAPTOP, INSTEAD OF A PIECE OF THICK, WHITE PLASTIC!!

And if you dare try to argue about crap such as "but the macbook had more ports :( " ....you don't even know what the macbook was for in the first place. It is for the average consumer, and guess what, the average consumer does not want ethernet or firewire! All the average consumer wants is the MBA with the 2 USB ports, a thunderbolt port, and an SD card reader (for 13" version)

So, get over yourselves. It was a smart decision by apple, and now all apple products will have a more nice looking metallic form.

That is all I have to say, Thank you :apple: