White or Black iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ahsaz, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ahsaz macrumors newbie

Hello,

I would like to know if there are any minor differences between the old black iPod Touch and the new white? I don't have any color preference but if Apple fixed any minor issues in the new white iPod then I will go for it otherwise I will buy the black one.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They are the same exact device, except now you can get it in white. I doubt there are any issues with the black color, and if there were, I doubt white would fix it.

3. ahsaz thread starter macrumors newbie

What about this excerpt published onlines:

"...Apple is expected to hold a press conference in the coming weeks to introduce its fall lineup for the iPhone and iPod touch. Most of the rumors have been focused on the next iPhone revision, and there has been very little information about the next-generation iPod touch.

MacRumors has received information indicating that the next iPod touch revision will be a very minor change, with the primary addition being the introduction of a new white model. Only minor changes are expected for the existing hardware, with the addition of an oleophobic coating for the display and a revised ambient light sensor seemingly being the main differences. Otherwise, we expect the models to be nearly identical to the current fourth-generation iPod touch model. ..
    "

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

MacRumors has received information indicating that the next iPod touch revision will be a very minor change, with the primary addition being the introduction of a new white model. Only minor changes are expected for the existing hardware, with the addition of an oleophobic coating for the display and a revised ambient light sensor seemingly being the main differences. Otherwise, we expect the models to be nearly identical to the current fourth-generation iPod touch model. ..[/I]"

lol you already said it :p

5. wordoflife, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They did change the position of the ambient light sensor, but it's not going to make a difference. They only changed it so the white iPod doesn't have an extra black dot on it.

6. tipman2000 macrumors member

tipman2000

if you have the option of the older one, get it, but if its between a 5th gen white or black, go for the white simply because tech-savvy will know its a 5th gen. otherwise its a matter or taste. i like the black because the camera is camo'd and when the screen is asleep it looks more like one big panel, but the white i suppose would look cool too.