White Speck Candyshell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iammike1, Sep 5, 2010.

1. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

How are people getting this case?

I currently have he black one but I don't see the white case on AT&T's site and my local AT&T says that the white is not a color available to order.

2. awtryau89 macrumors regular

About to go pick one up at my local MicroCenter. I saw them there a couple of days ago. It is the revised version as well. Willing to help you out if needed.

3. biffarino macrumors member

i have one. love it. i prefer it to my old incase slider for my 3gs.

4. Enco macrumors member

I'll be getting an iPhone soon hopefully and this is the case I'm wanting.

However, I'm in the UK and so it's not as easy to get a hold of.

Amazon have it but I'm not sure if it's the old or revised version. The picture shows the keyhole camera cut which would suggest old but the picture may just be outdated. Does anyone have an idea about this?

If it's the old version, would anyone be able to help me by buying the revised version and me paying for it by paypal? Thanks in advance :)

5. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Just got back from Microcenter and they had sold out. Wasted trip.

6. kirkx5m macrumors newbie

ordered mine on amazon and will post pic of old or new when i get it next week

7. aprikh1 macrumors newbie

Nothing in Microcenter in Rockville either... bummer I really wanted to take a look at the thing

8. in0va3 macrumors member

Buying from Amazon

I wanted to buy from Amazon too but didn't know what revision it was! I wanted the black one though since that's the only one on sale and I prefer the black color more. My brother would have to get the other colors from the AT&T store if they have for the full $35!

9. biffarino macrumors member

I've got a keyhole version and don't seem to have a problem with the flash.

My cutout has a black lining though, whereas some of te other cases have pink etc. I don't think white needs a revision - or black come to think of it.

10. Enco macrumors member

Ah ok. Thanks!

Are you from the UK or US?

I want the black one too.

I think I might just pick up the Incipio NGP as I'm impatient :p I'll also be ordering the Incase Snap smoke from the free case program when I get the phone.

I like to plan ahead :p

11. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I have both the black Speck Candyshell and the Incipio NGP. Let me tell ya, the Speck feels way better in the hand. First case I've had for my iPhone 4 that's stayed on for more then a day or two.

Granted, the Incipio is my 2nd favorite case.

12. Enco macrumors member

Thanks for the help.

Is the Incipio good for drop protection? If you can, can you list some pros/cons of each? I would be very grateful :)

13. in0va3 macrumors member

Lol, those are the only two cases you have, no wonder they're both the cases you like. I never knew how the NGP Matte felt since it's not silicone or hard plastic?

14. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Umm, I have around 8 more cases back home in Japan (I'm in the states for a couple of weeks) and a few cases I've returned.

15. Enco macrumors member

The Speck Candyshell from Amazon (well one seller in the UK) is the old version. Check the link I posted above and it's in the comments section.

16. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Just checked microcenter.com and noticed that they have 2 in stock near me in Chicago. If I wasn't satisfied with my Otterbox Defender I would probably grab one of these cases.

17. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I like the looks of the white candyshell, but wouldn't it get scratches and start to turn brown (much like the white bumper)?

18. kirkx5m macrumors newbie

got it today

what i got is the same as here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhe56H9sUcc

tried flash and no issues

great case

19. yaddam205 macrumors member

I had the candy shell and I just switched to the NGP for about a week now.
    The candy shell made it more bulky then I prefer and it got easily scratched.

Both are fine cases though.

20. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

FYI- Just ordered a White revised Candyshell from Speck's website. The White, Grey and a few others are in stock for shipping now.

Was hoping to find a coupon for a discount but could not locate one so I just bit the bullet.

21. The Destroyer macrumors member

Great, just sent them an email. Wonder what excuse they'll come up with now. :rolleyes:

22. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I have the black for less than a week and the gray bezel is starting to wear.

Marc

23. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

This is why I hate Speck Candyshells. Sucks.

24. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Same here - had mine for a few weeks but only used it for about a week's worth of time so far and the gray bezel on the front is flaking/cracking. I emailed Speck three days ago and have received no response. I think I'm about ready to give up on this one and move on to other cases.

25. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

Anyone who has used the white candyshell, do the scratches on the back turn brown (or any color) after awhile?