Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thai

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
A few questions. I recently received White Sport band.. I have Midnight sport band as well. To my eyes/fingers, the White feels richer and seemingly conforms to my wrist better. (White sport band is heaviest sport band I believe...saw that in an article...and confirmed on my scale at home b/w White and Midnight.). Anyone else notice this too?

Second Q...is white sport band unisex? Any guys here wear White? I have always worn dark colored bands except my saddle brown leather band.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bmac4

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Some of the bands do feel more dense and weightier in texture. I also read this somewhere, some of the bands have varied textures.

I also own the authentic white band and antique white band. I am a male and it looks great. I see a lot of males wear the white band. Of all my sport bands I own, I think white is the classiest and it pairs with just about anything.

Thai

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
Some of the bands do feel more dense and weightier in texture. I also read this somewhere, some of the bands have varied textures.

I also own the authentic white band and antique white band. I am a male and it looks great. I see a lot of males wear the white band. Of all my sport bands I own, I think white is the classiest and it pairs with just about anything.

That's the thing...it really does look great! It makes my midnight blue look very very ordinary. Mine is the regular white sport band. It feels really nice on the wrist.
[doublepost=1472157967][/doublepost]Link: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/05/apple-watch-sport-bands-weight.html

• 38mm Apple Watch Sport bands:
  • White band for 38mm Sport weighs 47g.
  • Blue band for 38mm Sport weighs 44g.
  • Green is 43g.
  • Pink is 42g.
  • Black is 37g

• 42mm Apple Watch Sport bands:

White = 51g.
  • Blue = 48g.
  • Green = 48g.
  • Pink = 46g.
  • Black is 40g.

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
A few questions. I recently received White Sport band.. I have Midnight sport band as well. To my eyes/fingers, the White feels richer and seemingly conforms to my wrist better. (White sport band is heaviest sport band I believe...saw that in an article...and confirmed on my scale at home b/w White and Midnight.). Anyone else notice this too?

Second Q...is white sport band unisex? Any guys here wear White? I have always worn dark colored bands except my saddle brown leather band.

Thanks in advance.
I own a white and antique white sports band as well, and I wear one of them at least once a week(I have about 15 to 20 Apple bands in my collection). I love the look as well...very clean and pure. Have you had any issues with dirt or stains on your white sport? I've been trying to find ways to clean mine, and I've found a Tide stick works great. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

Reactions: Thai

Thai

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
I own a white and antique white sports band as well, and I wear one of them at least once a week(I have about 15 to 20 Apple bands in my collection). I love the look as well...very clean and pure. Have you had any issues with dirt or stains on your white sport? I've been trying to find ways to clean mine, and I've found a Tide stick works great. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

I did have a blue pen mark and tried everything (but not Tide stick). Then magically, after a few weeks, the mark disappeared on its own.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada

Thanks in advance.
I wear white sport band with SS 42mm AW, really nice but looking to buy one of the leather for something classier. It's mean more than a year since I got the AW.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I bought mine used, came with white and black sport bands. Started out wearing white for a few days but switched to black and never went back. I thought the white was sharp and had no problem wearing it.

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Looking forward to it.
Ok, just got home and took some pics. First and second pics are side by side comparisons, third one is antique white, fourth one is white. Hope this helps!
-Phil

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    825.5 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    611.4 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    852.3 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    786.7 KB · Views: 424
Reactions: Laurence Eckert

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Ok, just got home and took some pics. First and second pics are side by side comparisons, third one is antique white, fourth one is white. Hope this helps!
-Phil

It sure does! Helps that your watch is also SS as mine. Hmm.. the Antique is a bit darker than I imagined.

Which one do you prefer, and which you wear more?

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
It sure does! Helps that your watch is also SS as mine. Hmm.. the Antique is a bit darker than I imagined.

Which one do you prefer, and which you wear more?
I love both. The room I took the pics in was poorly lit, and that plays a factor in how the bands look. The antique almost has a hint of gold in it that really pops when you see it on a gold sport Watch, while the white is just so clean and pure looking. I'd say go for what your gut says:)

I can take some pics in better lighting later if you want.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I love both. The room I took the pics in was poorly lit, and that plays a factor in how the bands look. The antique almost has a hint of gold in it that really pops when you see it on a gold sport Watch, while the white is just so clean and pure looking. I'd say go for what your gut says:)

I can take some pics in better lighting later if you want.

I adjust the picture so the white band be as white as I saw in the store. Do you think the Antique colour now represents the real one better?
sfArhHj.jpg

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Nicely done! Yes I'd say that's more accurate.

Then I think I'll go for Antique. :) Interesting shade of off-white. And that one might be the last box at the store, who knows.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 228
Reactions: pcall1128

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Dude here. I have a white sport band. Like it very much. Wear it probably once a week. It does somehow feel better than my mightnight blue one. My green one (the now-discontinued neon green) also feels similarly as supple.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I bought mine used, came with white and black sport bands. Started out wearing white for a few days but switched to black and never went back. I thought the white was sharp and had no problem wearing it.

Don't plan on using the white anymore? Interested in selling it?

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
I was looking originally for a White but not sure how clean it would stay. The antique white does look really nice and would fit the gold/rose/grey watches nicely. Didn't care too much for it on a silver watch.

I actually picked up a Concrete band today instead of the two white ones. Fog was discontinued but Concrete is similar but slightly darker. It's amazing on my SG Sport. Another option to consider over white.

Reactions: matrix07

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
I was looking originally for a White but not sure how clean it would stay. The antique white does look really nice and would fit the gold/rose/grey watches nicely. Didn't care too much for it on a silver watch.

I actually picked up a Concrete band today instead of the two white ones. Fog was discontinued but Concrete is similar but slightly darker. It's amazing on my SG Sport. Another option to consider over white.

The white band actually stays amazingly clean. Plus the Mr Clean magic erasers are your friend for anything white they do a fantasic job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.