Whites on the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbates123, Nov 3, 2017.

1. bbates123 macrumors 6502

So far loving the display but I've noticed that when I'm looking at whites they appear much warmer when I'm looking at the phone straight on...a slight angle makes the whites much cooler. Is this a normal? BTW, same thing happens when I turn True Tone off.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's Difficult to say if it's normal. But being this is a new display with the OLED, it may not be abnormal either.

3. allthingsapple! macrumors regular

I've seen quite a few people discussing this but I haven't had any experiences with it personally. Well, not to the extent as others are describing I should say. They definitely look "warm" but not something I'd notice enough to call it a problem personally.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This Front page article on MacRumors discusses possible minor screen burn in and shifts in color.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ing-at-iphone-x-off-angle-are-normal.2084086/

5. bbates123 thread starter macrumors 6502

The issue is more that there's a "warmth shift" depending on the angle I'm looking at the phone. Just slightly angling shows a much cooler tint.

6. Ste84 macrumors member

I’ve noticed it too, it’s just strange to get used too. Putting it down to true tone and oled

7. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

The title of this thread really sounds racist.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Only if you are wanting it to be. No need to make a lot out of nothing.