Who actually has a case? (poll)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rye9, Sep 18, 2008.

?

Do you have a case?

1. Yes

113 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Don't own an iPhone

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Just seeing how many people have a case for their iPhone/3G. I personally have one, but somewhat regret it not being "naked." Then again, if it's recommended I have a case, I'm glad I do.. so just seeing everyone else's situation.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

After being so "nearly perfect" about being careful on my iPhone 3G, I figured I will drop it eventually (after a near incident) so I bought a case :)

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

4. EliteKiller macrumors member

My gf bought an Incipio Dermashot the day she picked up our 3G phones from the AT&T store, and I used a Marware CEO Premier that I purchased from eBay. After reading countless reviews on this forum, as well as iLounge, I purchased 4 Switcheasy Colors cases a few weeks ago and we've been using them ever since. Last week I received a Switcheasy Capsule Neo, and in all honesty I left it on my phone for about 30 min before removing it. I am back to using the Colors case. In fact I ordered 3 new colors. :apple:

5. /b/ macrumors member

I'm siding with the Colors cases as well. I got a Capsule Rebel, which is a little more expensive compared to the Colors line but I've put on the Colors after using the Rebel for a week.
    I tried putting the Rebel back on and give it another spin but I switch it back to Colors after 5 minutes. Planning to get myself a stealth(black) Colors now.

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I said no, even though I have a holster.

A belt clip is a must for me at work. Other than that I just slip it into my pocket all naked like.

And sometimes when I don't have a pocket, I clip the holster to my pants waist.

7. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

capsule rebel here, already saved my baby once.

anxiously awaiting the clip thats supposed to be released with it.

8. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

First naked, naked naked... then Orbino Strada tre. Best case ever, and it smells great.

9. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

bought incipio silicryilic on iDay, than I bought Bodyguardz, than I bought a Sena Elaga and tore the clip off, than I bought a belkin silicone skin, and than I bought 2x capsule rebels.

I guess you could say Im a case fiend, but they are all pretty nice and serve different purpsoes for the most part, the only one I really dont like is the incipio.

10. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Thank God I had a case on my baby. It took a nasty fall couple days ago, straight on the concrete. I gave it a quick look, and it looked ok. I removed the case (Belkin silicone) today, and found a nasty scratch on the silver living. The case itself is cracked on the inside. Looks like Im in need of a new case. Dang it.

11. slapppy macrumors 65816

Yep, you can be as careful as possible, but that one accident will happen one day.

Try the SwitchEasy Neo as a replacement. It's an awesome case.

12. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

aww man i have a switch easy rebel but after seeing the colors i want one of those:mad:

13. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

No case, no shield, no screen protector.

I live life on the edge.

14. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I've got a black Incase Protective Cover after having about a month and a half of nakedness. I thought it would be a good thing to have while using the phone at school.

I'm very careful with all of my things, but it is good to have a case just in case. :)

15. airspritual macrumors newbie

My iFon & case..

Attached Files:

16. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I dropped my 1st gen the very first time I went out with it (day after launch day)

I had bought a case when I got the phone but I decided that naked was best. I got out of my car and dropped the phone out of my pocket as I was climbing out. Dented both top corners and the sim popped out. Its been in the case ever since.

I have a griffin pouch but I am on the lookout for a nice quality leather pouch that wont bulk up the phone too much and the leather looks quality too. Any suggestions welcome

So from someone who has dropped their phone I would suggest you get some sort of case (I kicked myself about it every day I had that phone)

17. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Really? Ive been looking at the iskin revo2. My roomies have the 1st one for the original iphone and they said its the best. One of them had dropped it so many times, and it still functions perfectly. Im still debating, but really leaning toward the iskin.

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

19. STC macrumors 6502a

Ihave 2 Agent 18 cases. One if the clear plastic one, and the other is the eco black plastic case.

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have many cases and use them all. I don't use the phone naked a) because I don't want to drop it and have it look like crap b) I have big hands and a case adds some needed bulk for a good grip.

21. coronamakers macrumors newbie

I belive you :)

22. iDanielle macrumors member

I have 2 cases. The pink speck case, and the naked clear case. I use them both it just depends on what I'm wearing. I'm obsessed with keeping my phone clean and clear of scratches. I think I have a problem LOL

23. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I don't even have my iPhone yet, but I already ordered a case. :) I've had 2 nice phones ever (including the iPhone) and I will only buy cases for 'nice' phones.

24. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

i have had multiple cases and have never liked any of them. feeling the iphone in the buff is the only way to go.

25. minik macrumors 65816

I just got one, ivolution for Apple iPhone 3G from Vaja.