Who actually loves it?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by h00ligan, May 21, 2015.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Who actually loves their apple watch. Speak up those of you who are glad they got it!

-----

I ordered two today. 38 sport white and 42 sport black

The white listed 3-5 weeks
    Black 4-6 weeks

Late June easrly July

I ordered because my girlfriend really wants one but only if I get one.

My pebble steel is being replaced so I'll sell the new unopened one. I'm still not sure I'm sold. Long wait times also kill impulse buys.

Hopefully people complaining are the minority taking the time to get online

2. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

Yep. I'm really happy with it - no controversy here. People find it easier to complain than to be appreciative, to generally you'll find those with grievances more likely to voice them than those who are just happy.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

I do. I love it so much that I'm getting rid of my 42SG for the 42SS. Luckily for me, I was already in the market for a stainless steel watch. No point of me keeping my 42SG, plus spending $200-$500 on another watch.

4. papashaun macrumors member

Yep - 42 SS Milanese - had it just over a week - replacing my pebble steel - so far loving it :) No regrets buying it !

5. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

Sorry about that, I didn't yield results on cursory search. May have typod or something

Do you feel it offers a substantial improvement over the steel? I couldn't see upgrading to the time when the microphone doesn't really work with apple products.

How is app loading speed compared to loading apps on the pebble?

Having more apps will be helpful

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I do!

42mm ss Milanese
    Green sports strap
    White sports strap (on order)
    Classic buckle (on order)

7. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

I love it #
    Wish I didn't have to take it off at end of day #

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Love mine, first couple days I was like maybe I don't need it, my iPhone almost does everything this thing does, but after a week now I'm kinda addicted to it :D

9. papashaun macrumors member

I kinda do it the other way round - sleep with it on since still usually 50% battery in the evening and have kept my watch on at night for years - charge it in the morning while I grab a coffee then shower / shave etc - by that time fully charged and ready for the day

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I love my Apple Watch! Stylish, very comfortable, and it provides WAY more than any other watch I've ever worn. It's definitely changing the way I communicate and keep in touch with others. I also really enjoy the activity tracker and I use it for keeping track of small things throughout the day like the weather, stocks, and my schedule.

I have a 42mm Silver Sport with a white band, black band, and I will soon have a blue leather loop as well.

11. betabeta macrumors 6502a

For me its a love hate thing, love the device, hate wearing anything on my wrist, but we are getting along so far. Unfortunately there seems to be no going back now, I can't see not wearing it:D

12. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

That's interesting. I own an original pebble too I wear because it's light and for sleep tracking and an alarm that wakes me up with vibration rather than sound, I'm allergic to alarm clock sounds.

Do you know off hand the charge time? I assume it's a staggered charge like fifteen mins gets yo a percentage and teickle charge the rest or something. I should have looked that up!

13. wanderfowl macrumors member

wanderfowl

Had a Sport. Got an offer I couldn't refuse. Made a Stainless Steel order, and figured "OK, I'll go back to my Pebble Steel, and if I really miss it, I'll just wait for the Steel."

I've checked my order four times today. I think I loved it.

14. jellybean macrumors regular

I'm smitten with mine! :) I'm now less anxious about feeling I need to have my phone within arms reach all the time, whilst at home anyway. Anything important gets served straight to my wrist, and I never have to worry about missing or rushing to answer calls if my phone is in another room of the house. Love how it looks too!

15. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I'm lovin my SS

What I'm loving most about it is that most people aren't noticing it my wrist without me touching it or when it rings. It's so discrete.

16. papashaun macrumors member

Yeah I used the pebble alarm, and now use the alarm on the Apple Watch - same idea - gentle vibration to wake you up. Can also set alarm on the phone and use the watch to stop the phone alarm when it goes off

Charge time for me in the morning is maybe around an hour or so and is back up to 100% - am a morning slow coach - like a half hour over my coffee then a half hour for shower etc so works fine for me :)

17. eifer macrumors regular

I'm very happy with the watch so far. All the reviews said it felt really "first gen" but I don't get that impression from it. It seems like a very well thought out device. I just want better band options for the 38mm space grey!

18. flur macrumors 68000

I love mine. I think the launch and the software update have been a little bumpy, but the watch itself is great. I could live without it if I had to, but I don't want to. I'm also looking forward to native 3rd party apps and more improvements down the road.

Be aware that the watch does not currently do sleep tracking (the hardware is obviously there but the functionality hasn't been included yet). It will wake you up with a vibration alarm, but if you really want the sleep tracking, you may want to wear your AW during the day and your pebble (or another sleep tracker) at night.

19. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

Great. Thanks for the info that's reasonabke enough to charge more or less anywhere. Probably buy a second charger for alternate location

What's wrong with the band options? One thing I looked at on the space gray was what fit it and matched ok. The ones with stainless bands maybe don't fit that well. Are you limited by stock or apples design choices?

Hmm interesting that's ckvered in health kit but they elected to leave it out of the watch. I'm sure an app will arrive

Sleep tracking isn't vital anymore for me. I go through phases where I need it

Thanks for the info everyone. Keep it rolling for the apple love

20. lmitch6 macrumors newbie

lmitch6

I've worn watches daily for 30 years, from inexpensive to very expensive, and am completely happy with my 38mm SS/BSB.

A watch really is a personal choice. All this chatter of sizes and functionality is ultimately just noise. What works for one may not for another. In no way does that mean the device is completely flawed.

Wear it and enjoy it. Many of us are I suspect. It's more common for people to complain online than to praise.

21. eifer macrumors regular

The only band options for the sg sport are the sport bands, which I suppose is fair enough as it is the "sport" watch. I have the 38mm, and I really want a leather loop, but that's only 42mm. The 38mm classic buckle has a steel link, which clashes with the sport designs as well. So for the next gen watch, I'll be getting the SS instead of a sport watch. I made this choice on purpose though, as I wanted the cheapest watch for 1st gen, just in case it was a turd.

22. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Love my watch! Can't imagine living without it now.

I've worn a watch for 30+ years, and it is such an amazing upgrade over an analog watch. Love the alerts, love being able to change watch faces (I use the 'utility' most of the time, then switch to the sunset one in the evening). I like being able to see the temperature at a glance, and my next calendar event.

The only annoyances I have are:
    1. have to charge every night. I used to take my watches off every night and put them on my nightstand, now I just have to 'click' it to a particular spot. Not horrible, just something else to do.
    2. screen is not always active. Getting used to this new way. Not horrible, just not ideal.
    3. fingerprint smudges on my watch face! Never had this issue before, as you never touch the watch face on a regular watch! So, I'm clearing off the watch face with my shirt a few times a day.

23. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I love it! Well maybe that is strong wording but I do really like it.

42 SG BSB. I like the look. I like how it feels. I like a lot of the functions too. Still learning what else I can use it for. I'll have to stop by a Starbucks and use Passport to pay. Haven't tried that yet.

Got a GPS app for golf that I am becoming pretty comfortable with.

I really like the workout recording.

The battery has held up all day for anything I've used it for so far.

Got my LA Fitness app on it so I can flash my membership card when I go in.

The timer is useful for a lot of things so I keep a "shortcut" to it in my main time screen.