WHO are YOU!!

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
I just wanted to know what kind of people use the macbook pro. Are you a high school student(grade), a buisness man, college student, etc. Also what do you use it for? I wanted to see if it is worth getting a macbook pro at this age (early high school)

TheDoctor.

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2010
Newport, Wales.
Fine Art Student.
I use my Macbook Pro for Photoshop, Lightroom and Illustrator and just general usage like web browsing and instant messaging. :D

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
I just wanted to know what kind of people use the macbook pro. Are you a high school student(grade), a buisness man, college student, etc. Also what do you use it for?
Excellent question. I am a graduate student, I think, and my day-to-day MBP use consists of iTunes (305GB) and the internet. However, I do write my fair share of papers (brilliant, might I add) and I dabble with large databases. I plan on taking up photography as a hobby, too.

I love my MBP

Habitus :apple:

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
I just wanted to know what kind of people use the macbook pro. Are you a high school student(grade), a buisness man, college student, etc. Also what do you use it for? I wanted to see if it is worth getting a macbook pro at this age (early high school)
Business WOMAN here :p I'd say it's worth getting one at your age. If you'd have a windows machine at that age, you might as well get a mac instead if you can afford it :)

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I'm a system's administrator, though I don't use my Mac for that job. I use it primarily for my photography and personal use.

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Hiding from Omnius in Australia
Just about to start Year 5 of Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering + Physics at University. Have had MBP since mid 2nd year. Got a G4 Cube at the end of Year 7 (1st year High School). Before that, I think I was using an LC 2. One of those old, horrid beige macs, anyway.

Obviously, having a computer at high school is a good thing. If you're wondering if you should get a MBP over a MB, the answer is the same as that to the question: Do you want to play computer games?

Mintin8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2009
United Kingdom
Just about to start Year 5 of Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering + Physics at University. Have had MBP since mid 2nd year. Got a G4 Cube at the end of Year 7 (1st year High School). Before that, I think I was using an LC 2. One of those old, horrid beige macs, anyway.

Obviously, having a computer at high school is a good thing. If you're wondering if you should get a MBP over a MB, the answer is the same as that to the question: Do you want to play computer games?
How are you finding the course? I am actually torn between engineering and general physics. Maybe we could exchange PM's instead of using the thread?

seb-opp

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
London/Norwich
I got my macbook when I was 16, became a master at Garageband and used it to record music projects. Now Im at University I have less time for that and use it for general entertainment and of cause writing essays. I could get by with a PC these days, but really don't want to go back to one.

I wouldn't say there's an age when you should be 'entitled' to purchase one, if you have a use for a mac, or just can afford a premium computer, then go for it.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
I wonder if 16ish is a good age to buy one.
I bought one at 16. I still have the same one at 21.

I should have waited until I went to uni and just used the school computers until then. Then I wouldn't be arguing with myself about whether to update this one now or not and I'd have got more for my money.

If buying another one when you graduate in 2 years isn't a problem then why not, otherwise you might as well wait. The vast majority of the people I know only bought their own laptop around the Summer before they went to university.

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
I'm a junior in high school and I bought a used '09 macbook just to see if the computer I buy when I go to college should be one that runs mac os x or a windows pc(right now I'm thinking windows because I like snow leopard and windows 7 equally and that new alienware netbook looks interesting)