Who bought refurb?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by steffi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

if you bought refurb or open box what was your experience like?

2. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I bought a refurbished iPad mini from Apple. It was identical to the one that I had purchased new (and returned) months prior.

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Different box. Otherwise, everything feels practically the same as brand new.

4. Conan86, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015

Conan86 macrumors 6502

I did, same unboxing experiencing (less the product image at the front of the box). Would do it again for future purchases if the option is available.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that I got AppleCare+ along with it too. You're not be able to gonna spot the difference between a new and refurbished unit because there's no difference other than the box, model and serial number.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Refurbished Air 2 from Apple. NO difference except for the box, as rui no onna said. I'm very pleased with the experience.

6. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

I just bought my first Refurbished, a first gen iPad Air, 2013 model I believe. It was packaged like new, looks completely new and doesn't seem like it was previously owned at all. I wouldn't have any hesitation to buy another Refirb.

7. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

If I had the choice of getting an Air 2 refurbished/remanufactured I would have in a heartbeat, you get the same warranty.

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Several refurbished purchases. 100% satisfied with every one of them. iPads, iPods, and a MacBook.

9. MatthewUT44 macrumors newbie

Bought a refurbished iPad Air 1 last week. No problems whatsoever. Will continue to buy refurbished.

10. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

Bought the following refurb:
    Mac Mini
    AppleTV
    iPad Mini

The mini would not charge well after a week, took it to store and received brand new retail.

I would buy a refurb again no doubt

11. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I bought a refurb iPad Mini 2 from Apple and have not had any problems with it.

12. ahall52 macrumors newbie

Do not hesitate to buy refurbished from Apple! I've bought an iMac, an Apple Cinema Display, three Thunderbolt Displays, a MacBook and very recently an iPad Mini 2. I've bought by fair share of new-in-box items as well and will tell you the following (as everyone here can probably echo) - there are TWO major differences between new and refurbished in the Apple hardware world:

1) The boxes are SLIGHTLY more plain for refurbs. Basic white, but the rest of the packaging is generally identical.

2) You don't get the instant gratification of buying it in-store.

Aside from that, it's almost silly NOT to buy refurbished. Remember, refurbished everything has gone through double-checks when compared to new products. While Apple warns you about minor cosmetic blemishes, I've NEVER had one in all of those items listed above. Every single item has been in pristine & new condition and worked 100% up to spec.

Apple Refurbished products are fantastic!

13. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

My 2011 27" iMac was refurb, and the money saved almost paid for a 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM. Still going strong now (with a further 16GB RAM added) and no plans to replace until it dies! Only difference to a new one when it arrived was a white box :D

14. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Wife replaced iPad 2 with broken screen with a refurbished one, and a week later she couldn't remember that the old iPad was gone. It's absolutely identical.