Who did you finally get your order in with?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Advil, Oct 7, 2011.

?

Where was your order finally completed?

1. Apple.com

110 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. ATT.com

71 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Verizon.com

38 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. Sprint.com

18 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Apple Store App

21 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. ATT Upgrader App

4 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Advil macrumors 6502a

During the cluster F of crashes, where did you get your order in?

After countless crashes on apple.com, i tried att and it was unusable, so I stuck with apple.com until I got through. the secret was to use an email that wasn't registered as an Apple ID because the login system was broken, so I used a random old email address and it worked eventually.

It took me until about 3:40 AM central to get the order done, so about an hour and a half of annoyance, but I'm glad I got through!

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

3. SooneratND macrumors regular

I ordered with Apple.com at around 10:30 this morning. No problems at all.

4. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you get your order acknowledgment email yet, and does it say you'll be getting it on the 14th?

5. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Verizon went up early! So 1:55am. No problems at all. Very fast! :D

6. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Copy cat!!! :D

After a few hour a fussing around, I order around 5:30 am. I went to bed shortly thereafter and low and behold Apple sent the confirmation email at 5:59 am. Also, this was my first pre-order of an iPhone online. :) Oh, I bought a White 64gb with AT&T as my carrier.

7. astrobanana macrumors regular

8. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

Only way I was able to place my order was the Apple Store app on my iPhone and that was at 2:50am CDT. But at least I got my order in. :D

9. crypticgeek macrumors newbie

Tried Apple but as soon as they came up I found out new Sprint customers couldn't preorder at Apple (yet?). So tried Sprint.com and finally got my order in around 4:30 AM EST.

10. SooneratND macrumors regular

Sure did.

11. Reikochan macrumors member

I ordered two through apple. The first one went through 2:30 central and the other went through at 3:40. I just checked my order status on both and they are both processing and I should receive them on the 14th!

12. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I ordered from Apple a little after 6am EST. Got my confirmation email, says it will be here on the 14th. If you go to the US Apple website right now and look, it still says that ones ordered now will arrive on the 14th. I know some of the other Apple Stores around the world have gone to 1-2 weeks, but the US one still says the 14th.

13. JTSmeed macrumors member

Apple

I ordered through Apple.com this morning at around 10:30 Eastern and received my confirmation email about 2.5 hours later that confirms Delivers on the 14th. I woke up at 3am initially to try and get an order through, but nothing was working right at that time, but no issues later on.

14. a1rflow macrumors member

Had to call Apple in order to change the shipping address, so none of the options above :D

15. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

16. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Verizon. Early and no lag. Was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I was actually kind of disappointed that it wasn't more difficult.

17. mstrze macrumors 68000

Ordered this morning at approximately 7:15AM CDT from AT&T. Received a confirmation email almost immediately.

"Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011. ":D

Not soon enough...had to reboot my 3G twice yesterday because I dared search for something on Maps. :(

18. snake4448 macrumors newbie

iphone 4s

apple.com about 10:00 am eastern time:):):) got email that order was complete!

19. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Went to Apple.com and ordered and as usual no issues just waiting now until next Friday, even took the day off of work.

20. tacload macrumors member

Like an asshat, I woke up at 2:45am and tried to order until I gave up at 5am. Then I woke up at 7:30am and easily placed the order on apple.com.

Makes me wonder why the heck I bothered.

21. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    My preferred method was Apple.com.
    My back-up method was ATT.com
    My back-up back-up was the App Store App.
    I was tempted to just buy on Verizon and be done with it, but thought better of it.

I made several attempts at getting into Apple.com, and managed to get as far as processing my order when it died on me, and I tried to restart several times. Could not get in. ATT.com was giving me no option to upgrade to anything other than the 4 or 3GS, so I switched to the App Store App, which could not even verify if I could upgrade or not. Finally, I read here on macrumors.com that somebody finally managed to get a 4S on ATT.com, so I went and did that, worked great, did not receive a confirmation email. I did get the so-called second email, eventually, and I've since been able to confirm using my order number that I have actually placed an order.

I still have no idea when mine will ship. I hope it's on release day, but I can live with it later.

22. mstrze macrumors 68000

Kind of like those folk who have been waiting in line for weeks in front of various Apple Stores. :rolleyes:

No worries though, I'm sure it was the excitement of getting it done that made you wake up dark and early. :)

23. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Got through with Sprint at 12:04 (or whenever the preorder actually started) with no problems at all. Set up a new Sprint account and got my confirmation email by 12:22