Who Does Not Regret Their 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caesarp, Sep 22, 2014.

1. caesarp macrumors 6502a

This purpose of this thread is to have a mirror, to the thread asking who does regret, as I'm interested in data points from both sides as I'm still on the fence. Thanks and no whining or complaining about all the 6 v. 6 plus threads is allowed.

2. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I absolutely don't. I was mulling between the 4.7 and Plus and decided that the jump up to 5.5 is more substantial.

And now I can't imagine ever using a small screen. It's really an amazing device. It just needs to be a few grams lighter and it will be perfect.

3. cleirac macrumors 6502

Me.

Want another one!

Stunning. Love, love, love it!

4. Padmini macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered the 6 Plus sight unseen, still waiting for it to arrive this week, went to Apple yesterday to try them both out thoroughly. I'm VERY happy I chose the 6 Plus. It just amazing. The 6 is a great phone, but doesn't feel more substantial to me than the 5 series.

5. RunnerGirl macrumors member

It is a monster of a phone, slim and slippery, impossible to use with one hand, and probably not very practical for day to day use.

But I don't regret it one bit. I love the phone, love the large screen, and am so glad I did not get the 6.

6. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I love mine. I love the larger screen and even though I have small hands, it didn't take me long at all to get used to it.

7. bmac4 macrumors 601

bmac4

Love mine. Don't regret it for s minute. The size grows on you really fast

8. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

I doubt anyone will regret buying a 6 Plus once they start using it. It's just magnificent in every conceivable way.

9. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

I do not. I really like the 6 plus. I will really really like it paired with the apple watch. Its going to be sweet all around.

10. Glene macrumors 6502

would not trade it for another

love the larger screen for these retired old eyes
    no "pocket problems"
    better Nav screen for the car
    great for videos
    great for surfing websites

overall just a great improvement....

and I think it's interesting reading the posts that seem to think "everyone will see you have a large phone"

hogwash - nobody so far has even noticed it - in the real world (outside forums) no one seems to give a damn what phone I have...LOL

11. caesarp thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about issues with carrying it around? Where do you put it? Does it fit in standard pants pockets okay? Or does it look absurd?

12. z06gal macrumors 6502a

Agree with this ;)

13. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Doesn't look absurd at all, I have had it in a pair of dockers and two different pairs of jeans since Friday. My pockets aren't all that deep but it fit with no problem. Also a friend of mine wanted to test out pocket fit so he put it in his shirt pocket and it did stick out but not absurdly and looked fine. Now I just need a case so I'm not paranoid I'm going to drop it! Finding a case for the 6 Plus is proving to be very difficult so I just finally ordered one, hoping it comes tomorrow as promised.

As for the phone, I have no problems using it. It is a tad slippery but I think that will be fixed once it's in a case (Case-Mate Naked Tough is what I ordered along with a tempered glass screen protector). I have had no problems using it one handed for what I normally do with one hand, my biggest problem is getting used to typing two handed in portrait, I keep hitting either return or 123 with the bottom part of my thumb. LOL! It'll come with time, heck I remember when I thought I'd never get used to not having a slide out keyboard on my phone and I got over that real fast. This phone is beautiful!

14. toekneeg macrumors member

Absolutely loving mine. Coming from a Note 3, the transition wasn't hard. Used to carrying big phones I guess.

The screen on this phone is miles ahead of anything from Samsung right now. Although the Note 4 seems promising.

15. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Me, I really like the bigger screen. It definitely is a little more awkward to tote around, especially if you are wearing pants with small pockets.

I have an iPad mini but don't see myself using it less because of the phone. There are apps I like (like Zite) that just work better on the iPad because of the bigger screen. I also still prefer to read (via Kindle or iBooks) on the iPad mini although it's much better on the iPhone now than it used to be.

16. Quahog macrumors member

I don't regret it at all. It fits in my front pocket perfectly. I have it in a Pt wood case for now (until I can find a Apple leather case, sold out everywhere around me and Amazon doesn't even have them) and Zagg glass on front.

One handed use is difficult, but I can send a few quick texts one handed or dial the phone without a problem. It seems like the one-handed home-doubletap feature was a sloppy last minute addition to iOS 8. If instead of just cutting the screen in half and moving it down, they reduced the entire screen and moved it 1.7 inches down and to the right (or optionally to the left, for those 12 left handed people in the world), it would be really 100% perfect.

My friends have the IP6 and it's a nice phone, but I am very glad I got the IP6+, it's perfect, the screen is amazing, and as apps start to take advantage of all that extra real estate it will be even better!

17. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Me and a couple million people around the world.....

18. scottw324 macrumors 6502

I do not regret it.

I wanted something larger than my previous iP5 and smaller than my Verizon iPad rMini. I was getting tired of bringing my rMini with me everywhere so that I had the larger screen to read on watch movies. My new iP6+ fills that gap. The iP5 is at home now and used to airplay movies/TV shows to my ATV3 when I feel like it. My iPad rMini now stays at home and is used when in bed or around the kitchen. My iP6+ goes out with me instead now.

I've been in the military for 18 year so I am used to wearing pants with cargo pockets so a lot of my shorts or pants have them. So plenty of space to fit the phone in those. I put a pair of regular jeans on though yesterday to see how they would fit in my front pockets and it fits just fine with a Bodyglove case on it. It sits low enough in my pocket (the pockets are deep enough) that when i sit down it doesn't cause the phone to start bending. I typically wear a hoodie sweatshirt or a jacket during the fall and winter so plenty of space for it in there as well.

With that said, I did stop by Target the other day and take a look at their demo model of the iP6 and it does look much bigger than the iP5 and I can easily see why some people either chose to go with it or why some people are swapping their 6+ for the 6. It will definitely be a better size to go run with or take to the gym. If you have smaller pockets or wear skinny jeans (not sure why guys want to wear skinny nuthugger jeans but whatever) it would definitely be the better choice to go with.

Overall, I am glad Apple came out with both sizes to please different people's needs and taste.

19. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Per my wife, women's clothes generally have shallower pockets than men's (news to me) so I can see where ladies might have a tougher time carrying around a larger device although most carry purses most of the time so I would think that would be the best option anyway.

20. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I love my 6Plus

I cant go back to my 5S now.

It is very slippery though if you dont have a case. Mine should be coming in soon.

Also it fits all my slim fit pants just fine.

21. MacinTosh.0 macrumors member

I love my 6 plus and so does my wife. It took some getting used to but after a day, both of us got used to it and the screen size now looks normal to us.

22. steemax macrumors regular

steemax

I most definetly had my doubts when I first held it... I almost dropped it a few times. It only took a day of use to get used to it now.

Needless to say I love it and there's no way I'll exchange it for the regular 6.

23. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I do not regret my 6 Plus AT ALL.

The regular 6 didn't feel like a big enough upgrade over the 5s to warrant much of my desire, where the Plus impressed me right away.

Actually just sold my HTC One M8. :D

24. Baytriple macrumors 6502

I love my plus so much that I bought the company!!!!

No really its great. I received my 6+ on launch day and have just ordered my wife a 6+ today. :)