Who DOESN'T have their iPod Touch hacked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bowlerguy10, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I am still considering whether or not I want to Jailbreak. The only applications I would add are all of the iPhone ones which functions can all met through the use of websites and iPhysics which is just cool. It also seems that through the use of Apples Web App page that there is a lot of functionality that they support through use of the internet browser. How many of you don't have your iPod Touch jailbroken and enjoy it still?

2. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I didn't jailbreak my iPod touch. I figured it pointless. If I wanted iphone functions, I would have purchased one.

3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I didnt want to hack mine - but I did want the iPhone apps. I've recently done it and I'm glad I did. The Mail app is the only one that I'd be gutted if I didn't have. Web mail is nice, but the ability to compose emails when there isn't a wifi signal around is fantastic.

Maps are also nice as I have appalling geographical skills. I don't really see the point in some of the other programs (nes emulator etc), but hacking it for mail was totally worth it. It takes about 30 minutes to do, and is completely reversible.

4. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

5. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I decided to upgrade to 1.1.2 and not jailbreak again. There was just too much software (Blaze) and the average quality wasn't all that high. Also, the icons cluttered the home screen ;)

6. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

If I did not jailbreak my iPod I would have returned it and kept my 5th generation iPod. Hacking it gives it a better feel and it is nice to be able to have something so simple, that you can still get down and dirty with by hacking it.

7. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

i'd like to use grapher on my touch when i get one. big fun.

8. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I'm just gonna wait for the SDK and see what its got to offer (I hope it has games!)

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i havent. for what i use it for i dont need any more apps. itd be more of a cool factor if anything else

10. Nexxus macrumors member

I have come so close to jailbreaking my touch on a few occasions, but didn't.
    I'll wait for the SDK. I'm still enjoying the touch very much. I'm posting from it now. It really is a great device.

11. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Grapher? Care to point to this?

12. Nicowoodcock macrumors newbie

I have jailbroken my Touch, and have 3 home screens full of apps that I use often.

13. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya I have decided to jailbreak my Touch. I'll install what I mentioned in my first post and customizer so that I can move the icons around so they don't look stupid on the springboard. How much does having all of these apps on your Touch slow it down though?

14. cricket1 macrumors newbie

I never jailbreaked mine. I can do so many things on it without jailbreaking:cool: plus I don't need all the iPhone apps.

15. britton45 macrumors newbie

i will wait, what are the pros and cons.
    i thought that apple is going to come out with some thing in Feb for this?
    tim

16. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I haven't jailbroken mine. I don't want to and the web apps are good enough until developers come out with apps using Apple's SDK that I do believe will be higher quality than the jailbreak apps.

17. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I didn't jailbreak mine. The only thing I was disappointed in was the inability to add calendar events. This has been remedied so I don't feel the need to jailbreak at this time.

18. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

I'll wait for the SDK, I really want to see some cool games!

19. gavd macrumors 6502a

I haven't hacked mine. I bought one because I was happy with what it could do so I don't personally have a need to hack it.

20. Skilgannon macrumors member

Skilgannon

Honestly, I'm just a noob here, but what does a non-jailbroken IpodTouch does that IpClassic doesn't?
    Ok, it has Safary and Youtube, but just this pros don't win the cons.

I wouldn't buy an IpT for 400 if it wasn't to jailbreak it, and it was time for Stevie to get his head in his shoulders and realise that most of the owners own one because all the third party apps...

21. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just took a look around and the web apps that this thing has are really really cool. These are pretty much imo as useful to me as the native 3rd party apps.

22. MonkeyClaw macrumors regular

MonkeyClaw

I figure that apple will most likely release the mail app or something similar with the release of the SDK so other than that, google maps, and the ability to rearrange your icons, there isn't anything that i don't already have. The ability to edit your calendar as of 1.1.2 is a a great add on so yea, im set till the sdk is here in like feb.

23. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i jailbroke simply because i use my ipod touch in the car/school most of the time

(both places have no wifi)

24. tnsxsear macrumors member

25. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

for the first time when I had it on my hand, I was hacking it for using for a while. but after 1.1.2 udpate, I just didn't do, and am willing to wait for macworld 2008 which developers will create 3rd apps. so we don't have to hack it anymore. simply, we could download it for use.