Who doesn't like iTunes 8?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rsowers81, Sep 9, 2008.

1. rsowers81 macrumors newbie

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

no option to get rid of itunes store link and genre is making me mad

3. Aranince macrumors 65816

Then don't use it? They give you three views for a reason...

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Grid View is like the best thing ever; you just gotta know how to use it. :)

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Genius seems pretty cool. In the middle of a Genius playlist right now.

I like the idea of Grid View, but probably won't use it. Same with Cover Flow. Cool, just not my cup of tea.

6. A-G macrumors newbie

i don't like iTunes 8. first of all when my phone is connected to my computer and lets say i'm on a certain play list and i click on my phone it takes forever for it to switch. second i can't get the itunes toolbar player to work. i wish i could downgrade.

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'll admit 8 is a little underwhelming. Grid View is a nice addition, magnetosphere doesn't seem to work very well for many songs (just looks like random sparkles flying around, nothing like the trailer on the developers website).

I don't have the Store arrows on my music.

8. yoshinatsu macrumors member

I had the iTunes store link disabled on iTunes 7, and when I updated to 8 some hours ago, it doesn't appear. So it's ok for me.
    One problem I have with iTunes 8 is that every time I quit an application, a white window in the size of iTunes (which IS iTunes) appears, and I have to click the iTunes on the dock, and then close it again to get rid of it.
    Anyone else encountered that?

Genius, maybe. Grid, nah.
    Plus, you can still use the list view, so why the bashing? :/

9. tecknical macrumors regular

odd i havent encountered that...why dont you just close itunes. it still runs in the background, but its not an active window

10. yoshinatsu macrumors member

LOL, I'm no n00b dude. I want it open, cause I listen to music ALL the time :p
    Well, I'll try a reboot. It didn't require one, but let's see.

EDIT: It's ok now! :)
    So yeah, iTunes 8 is good for me :p

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i only listen to my podcast and online radios, haven't update iTunes since 7.7. I might update in on my mac eventually, if there were to be some interesting stuff discovered in the future.

I avoid any apple apps on my windows box, unnecessary slowing down of system is not what I need.

PS. i don't think whats in there now warrant a version "8" at all.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't see the iTunes store link you're talking about. Can you post a screen shot?

Did you see this post?

13. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Well, new terms & conditions make iTunes unusable for me so I won't upgrade.

14. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

It's not the update that iTunes could do with, but it does contain some small improvements which should make things better. The accessibility improvements are sure to be a real boon to some users.

iTunes is a strange beast, despite being Apple's biggest app in terms of users it doesn't show of the best of Apple's application development abilities.

I was hoping for some more.

15. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Dear god it's slow on Vista. December cannot come fast enough for me, I want my MacPro.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

when you play a song in the default navigation (browse mode) the song playing will have an arrow to itunes

ill check out that post, thanks

17. Ekim Neems macrumors member

I see the iTunes store links and I can't get rid of the Genre in browsing view. What a bummer.

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm still lost. Here's what I see when using the Browse mode (which I never do). Where is the iTunes Store link?

Attached Files:

19. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Now that I've tinkered with it a little more, this is one thing about Grid view that I really like. The ability to select by Composer, which we didn't really have before.

I actually use the "Composer" field for the drummer's name, but still. Kinda cool.

Attached Files:

20. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Why?

21. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I'll second that comment. I don't use CoverFlow, this grid layout in iTunes, or even the grid in iMovie 08. Although, last time the edited a movie, that feature did come in handy.

22. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

see those arrows at the end of the first 3 columns on the song playing? those are the links im refeering to and they take you to the itunes store. in itunes 7, i could turn that option off which was nice imo

Attached Files:

23. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

This makes it illegal to download or purchase anything from outside the U.S. even when just on vacation.

24. djwobble macrumors regular

I ... hate it right now! Genius does not work at all..every artist i try it says "can't do it, try another artist..' yet it will pull the same album that is from on the right side..

25. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Those don't take me to the iTunes store. When I click the arrow by Genre, it filters the browse view to only that Genre. When I click the arrow by the Artist, it pulls up all the songs by that Artist. Nothing shows the iTunes store.