Who else absolutely LOVES the new iPhone 4S and will upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Myiphone7, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I own an iPhone 4 and am a heavy user of Siri.

My understanding is that they will be disabling it on my iPhone 4 & putting a better version of Siri on the iPhone 4 S

Also, I will be getting a better camera & it will be faster.

Come on guys! What more could you want. These are Apple products. Think about the status you get. It's worth the upgrade for me. Only $300.

2. Rhullman macrumors member

not me, my ip4 is water damaged as of a week ago so this is my upgrade... honestly nothing special

3. Bluehinder macrumors member

Status? Give me a break.

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone with an iPhone.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

Me, only because I sold my 4 back in April. I welcome the upgrade. And when Apple announces the real iPhone 5/6 I'll sell it and use the money to upgrade for virtually free, gotta love the resale value of iPhones.. :cool:

5. OSMac macrumors 65816

Maybe they should just disable everyones current phone so we all have to upgrade.

Siri...

6. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I really can't say that I love the product (without trying it first), but I can't wait to get my hands on it.

7. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

Whoever else sustained a head injury.

8. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I find it really annoying that they're disabling the Siri app on those who have it installed. Really, really, annoying.

9. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

I wouldn't say I absolutely love it, but I do like it, especially the camera. I will definitely be upgrading from my current 3GS. Can't wait! :D

10. PacificBeach macrumors regular

Sounds like u got a man crush on tim................:eek:

11. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I have a 3GS so this upgrade is right on target.

Better camera
    Much faster
    Better Screen
    Great software

12. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Seriously, anyone who chooses the iPhone4S over the Nexus-Prime, needs to head to the hospital right now, and get your head examined. You overdosed on the Apple koolaid.

16 months later and they reship the same exact iPhone4 with the standard dual core upgrade expected + voice control.

Innovation :rolleyes:

13. cward0715 macrumors regular

I'm not a drinker of Apple's kool-aid. Yeah I'll probably keep my 4 cause Android is terrible, but I'm not going to get the upgrade just cause Apple put one out.

14. Rhonen macrumors member

Rhonen

Wait, what? You're HAPPY an app you bought is being disabled so that it can be exclusive on the 4S? :confused:

15. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Honestly guys, i think it's illegal to give a feature then take it away only to reintroduce it on a new phone.

But whatever. That's apple!

16. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Not everyone wants a behemoth of a phone lol.

17. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

What was it supposed to have? What am I missing so badly that I'm a fool for buying a 4s?

18. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Unless something looks different, People think It's the same device.

Well…It's not. Completely different. It will be my First iPhone. Been waiting for a few months for this phone, and I'm finally getting it.

(Heck. I don't own an iPhone. Im Pre-ordering the 4S. I already ordered my case for it :p )

19. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I love the faster iPhone.

----------

Same, already ordered some carbon fiber skin and a back protector. Planning to rock it with the naked look.

20. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I'm getting it! Excited about the new camera, the new chip, Siri, iOS 5, iCloud, etc.

21. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

You lost me once you said "status" I don't buy iPhones because they give me a "status" I buy them because they work and make things I need to get done easier.

22. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

The iPhone 4 is perfection. All it needed was a faster processor. Job done.

23. zman5 macrumors regular

Watching the keynote for a second time showed me that I really dont care about a bigger screen, or thinner design. This phone is built beautifully. Increase in specs is huge to me, and so is Siri. Was totally off of an "S" type phone, but Ive grown to love it in this short time! Now, black or white??

24. Rhonen macrumors member

Rhonen

Wow. I don't even. Wow. Your not even mad??

25. meder87 macrumors regular

After watching the key note and seeing Siri in action, i'm honestly excited for the iPhone 4S. Granted I have the 3GS and this is a bigger upgrade for me, but I will have so much use for Siri. If it works like it does in the keynote, my laziness will double. It'll be nice to have a really good camera and a great quality video recorder.

For iPhone 4 owners, no **** its not a worth while upgrade. It wasn't really for you, it was for all the patient 3GS owners. Sorry but you don't need to have the next best thing. Be grateful for what you have. You'll get the next major redesign with the iPhone 5. Then you can have an applegasm. For now just try to realize that this update was not geared towards you.