Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyitsmecarlos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Im just curious,i bought a black and white 16gig wifi iPad 2,and a pink and green smart cover respectively.:):apple::apple::apple::apple:

tucker3434

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
Not me personally, but my girlfriend got me one today. A surprise early Xmas present. I'm pretty happy.

NedFlanders

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2011
I was trying to make up my mind all day... ended up buying a 64Gig WiFi (only) black one with a black leather cover and wireless keyboard.

My birthday/ Xmas gift

I travel for work a fair bit, now I won't have to drag 2 laptops with me.

pourme

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
Me Too!

Glad you asked!...Wanted to tell someone....basic black 16...Wifi...When can we expect delivery!....Anybody?.....:D

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
I have four for my family.

I was going to enjoy those while waiting for iPad 3. But now I've changed my mind. Based on the descriptions of the new display, it's probably going to be much more expensive.

Since the ones I have are secondary devices for convenient web browsing and little else, I'm unwilling to pay the Apple Tax on more than one.

While I plan on waiting till it gets closer to the release date, I'm going to buy another iPad 2 as a spare.

Once released I'm only going to buy one iPad 3 for myself just because I want to see what it's like. While it's far too early to judge, I have a bad feeling the iPad 3 may be quite overpriced.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I bought 16 gb black, with a gray smart cover. To my surprise, the FedEx guy was standing on my porch when I got home. I am awaiting a few other packages, so I didn't think anything of it. I glanced at the address and saw it was Apple's warehouse in PA. Opened up the box, and got it. 5 day shipping was estimated, and I got it 28 hours later. Not bad.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
I have four for my family.

I was going to enjoy those while waiting for iPad 3. But now I've changed my mind. Based on the descriptions of the new display, it's probably going to be much more expensive.

Since the ones I have are secondary devices for convenient web browsing and little else, I'm unwilling to pay the Apple Tax on more than one.

While I plan on waiting till it gets closer to the release date, I'm going to buy another iPad 2 as a spare.

Once released I'm only going to buy one iPad 3 for myself just because I want to see what it's like. While it's far too early to judge, I have a bad feeling the iPad 3 may be quite overpriced.

While competition is very slowly but surely trying to gain market share, I doubt Apple would go up on the current already arguably high price of their tablets.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
While competition is very slowly but surely trying to gain market share, I doubt Apple would go up on the current already arguably high price of their tablets.
I wouldn't call 1.2 million non-Apple tablets sold (that's number of tablets in customer hands, not shipped) between Jan and Oct gaining market share. Apple sold over 10 million in the same period.

The Fire may bump the numbers up a bit for 2011. Assuming you call the Fire a tablet, that is.

Lee Adama

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2011
California
I just got a 16GB White on Wednesday and it is such a huge improvement over the first iPad. It is much thinner and easier to hold.

Love it and have no regrets getting this while owning the original iPad.

617media

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2010
Yup i was surprised, my dad went out for oysters and scotch , came back a tad tipsy and I just brought it up with him.... got lucky he tossed me his amex and I put one along with a dope leather case/stand and apple bluetooth keyboard on store-order pickup for me at Best Buy... went in today and copped that ****

hell yeah its what i need

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
I traded up. From a White 64gb wifi only to a black 64gb 3g :)

Sad thing is that the black ipad2 with 3g cost less than my white wifi only one did at launch....

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
I wouldn't call 1.2 million non-Apple tablets sold (that's number of tablets in customer hands, not shipped) between Jan and Oct gaining market share. Apple sold over 10 million in the same period.

The Fire may bump the numbers up a bit for 2011. Assuming you call the Fire a tablet, that is.

They sold 11 million last quarter. The "competition" isn't even close.

Smallville

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2004
I decided to buy one, so I chose Best Buy's Black Friday deal of $45 off.

I bought a white, 32 GB with AT&T 3G wireless, and I am enjoying it very much.

I wanted a device which could handle simple tasks such as word processing, email and web browsing. I also wanted a built-in wireless connection, as I work from the road a good bit of the time. Yet I didn't have to overpay for a smartphone and a data contract. I'm quite sure I can get by with the 200 MB plan, as most of the time I can find a wifi hotspot. The wireless will come in handy for rural towns without those modern conveniences.

It's a good bit of money for me to invest, but I know many others with iPads. They have few complaints.

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
After giving a lot of thought recently, got a 16 GB Wi-Fi White iPad 2 today :)

sydia21

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Washington, DC
Got a White 16GB 3G iPad 2 on Friday from BestBuy as an early X-mas present. I was skeptical and always thought I never needed one as I've always had the latest iPhones, but it is a big difference and I'm glad I got it. $45 off helped too.

One drawback is that I constantly notice the difference b/w the retina display on my 4s vs. the iPad display. Hoping there is a retina display (or something close) on the iPad 3, so I can sell this one and get that.

But all in all I'm loving it!

pourme

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
Black Fridsy order shipped yet?

Ordered mine on Black Friday....Apple site says "Delivers on Nox. 29 or 30th"...Today (29th) it says "preparing" for shipping. I declined the engraving hopeing it would ship sooner.

Has anyone elses BF order shipped yet?....:confused:

Edit: Just as I posted this I recieved a phone call (1st time this has happened) giving me mty tracking #...A check with Fed Ex says ipad will be delivered tomorrow!....Now I am excited!....

Last edited:

dgreen1069

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Got a White 16GB 3G iPad 2 on Friday from BestBuy as an early X-mas present. I was skeptical and always thought I never needed one as I've always had the latest iPhones, but it is a big difference and I'm glad I got it. $45 off helped too.

One drawback is that I constantly notice the difference b/w the retina display on my 4s vs. the iPad display. Hoping there is a retina display (or something close) on the iPad 3, so I can sell this one and get that.

But all in all I'm loving it!

I bought a 32gb iPad 2 two weeks ago.....I was also noticing the difference between the retina display on my phone vs. the iPad. It bothered me enough that I took the iPad back on the 14th day. It's a great tablet, but the screen resolution bothered me when reading text. I'm sure it's fine for most, but I decided I'd be happier with a higher resolution screen...hopefully it's available in the next iPad. I'm also hoping the iPad comes out no later than March.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.