Who else is buying the 13?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BubbaMc, Feb 24, 2011.

  1. BubbaMc macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    #1
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    I think I'll pick one up tomorrow (base model).

    Who's with me?

    Show some 13" love in this thread :)
     
  2. LoganT macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    #2
    I'll probably pick a high end 13" soon.
     
  3. KohPhiPhi macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    #3
    Not me, the 1200x800 res broke the deal for me.
     
  4. vectus macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2010
    #4
    I was actually ready to buy a 15", but the spec update on it is actually more disappointing for me than the 13". So MBP 13 here I come.
     
  5. LoganT macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    #5
    I hate to nitpick, but it's 1280x800.
     
  6. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #6
    I'm probably going to get the low end today or tomorrow...just cant live with C2D in the back of my mind all day.
     
  7. FmaxTurboSi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Location:
    socal
    #7
    I am! Prob the low 13. I don't think I'm going to NEED the i7.

    I was considering a 15 with a high res screen for the graphics and quad cores, but it's just for college and I'll be graduating next year. So I can always upgrade to the 15 whenever the complete redesign occurs.
     
  8. OneMike macrumors 601

    OneMike

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2005
  9. kopite19 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    #9
    Weighing up the options here:

    £939.60 for the base 13" MBP

    £1,054.80 for the base 13" MBA

    £867.00 for the 2010 13" MBP (refurb)

    Hmmmm...
     
  10. drew0020 macrumors 65816

    drew0020

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
  11. unknown mr T macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2009
    #11
    I dont know what to do to.... 13 inch mbp with 128 gb SSD -> €1399, or base 13 inch mba (128 gb SSD) with 4 gb of ram -> €1399. mbp has way better processor and mba a way better screen :S. do you guys have any idea what will be faster during boot up for example, the mba or mbp(with SSD)?
     
  12. Nichod macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2007
    #12
    I'm not. I'm sticking with the 13" I just bought. I have nvidia (cuda support). And I'm not losing that and getting Intel. Very disappointing to see the Pro line diminished in this way. I don't care if benchmarks show better performance. Real world performance is quite different and I have NEVER seen an Intel GPU perform in the real world the same as an integrated or dedicated nvidia/amd. Really disappointed in this update. It seems the 13" model has gotten the short stick for a few years now. Doesn't Apple realize that people want a lightweight work machine? (and don't mention the Air, that is a toy for business men/women) Rant over.
     
  13. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

    JoJoCal19

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
    #13
    I'm torn. I wanted the 13" but the 1280x800 was sort of a deal breaker. The 15" offers sooo much more for the premium. I honestly don't know what to do :(
     
  14. BubbaMc thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    #14
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Just out of interest, what will you be using CUDA for?
     
  15. menez macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2011
  16. BubbaMc thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    #16
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Im going to get an IPad 2 for the money I'll save by not choosing the 15 :)
     
  17. mvksagar45 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011
    #17
    I guess i will buy the low end 13 inch..

    I guess i will buy the low end 13 inch.. But i am not sure what exactly to buy...I am waiting for 13 inch MBP for a very long time and i can say i am kind of disappointed.. Can any 1 please suggest me the best mac for me :

    I use my laptop only as an entertainment machine ( after i come from my office). I use it for watching movies ( i love watching movies in HD) , and browsing internet( facebook , youtube..)..no gaming on it ( as i have a PS3)..basically that is it...

    So, can any1 please suggest which is better for me ?
     
  18. BubbaMc thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    #18
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Mvk - 13" + external monitor for the hd videos.
     
  19. articcine macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2010
    Location:
    Lillehammer, Norway
    #19
    I'm going home for holiday on saturday, then I might pick up a low-end 13" on my way, and I can take my current PC home, and let it be there!
    Are you guys going low-end or high-end?
    The i7 is really appealing, however, I know I don't need it.
     
  20. BubbaMc thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2010
    #20
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    I think the i7 will be overkill for what I'm doing at this stage (basic music composition with Logic).
     
  21. Nethus macrumors newbie

    Nethus

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2010
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #21
    Exact same here. $300 seems a lot for just a processor boost that i'm not sure i'll need. However the graphics card does scale with the processor with SB so it may be worth it? (thoughts?).

    The i7 would future proof the purchase a bit more, but seeing as the 13" 2011 is pretty rubbish, it may be better getting the low-end and getting a new one next year? Also strongly considering to upgrade to a 128GB Solid State.
     
  22. gox81 macrumors member

    gox81

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2011
    #22
    am interested in the high end 13",
    but ive seen the previous base 15" mbp for the same price
    (both at 1499€)
    hmm, which one to choose..
     
  23. joshk87 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    Location:
    Parma Heights, OH
    #23
    Just ordered the basline 13". Can't wait since this will be my first mac!
     
  24. MultiBat macrumors member

    MultiBat

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Location:
    Sweden
    #24
    I am picking up the base model with the i5.
    I am very happy about the update!

    Finally I am getting my first Mac! Yay!
     
  25. macdud macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2011
    #25
    It's a tough call in between the new entry 13" MBP and the current 13" MBA !!

    I'd say for most people the MBA seems like a better trade off: better screen, ssd, lightness and nvidia.

    I'd be torn as well, but for my professional needs, firewire 800 is a must, and thunderbolt, although nothing today, could become very interesting if professional hardware adopts it..

    Regardless, like most of you, i'm extremely disappointed mainly because of the screen..
     

Share This Page