Who else is going back to Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Karpfish, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Leopard isn't doing it for me. Lightroom is not working correctly, and my photoshop license key is not registering so as of now i'm on a trial. I know this is most likely adobe, but it is still not usable for me outside of web browsing and music. I'm in tiger right now because I need to edit some pictures. thank god for superduper!

2. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I might be going back every so often. I can't seem to install the mcrypt module for PHP which is oh-so necessary for my web development.
    -Chasen

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I booted into Tiger earlier to see how much of an upgrade Leopard is and even after a days use I am really liking all the features they added and going back to Tiger i felt a little crippled.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I thought about it on my MacBook because of the choppiness. Now that I use 2D dock and removed a few widgets (and an Erase and Install :rolleyes: ) I am more than happy to stay in Leopard.

5. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

As with all new things, there will be a few 'bugs' to iron out, stick with leopard & wait for updates to 'fix' the bugs, Personally i'm waiting to the summer, adding new boot drive and 3 other new hard drives (4 x 1tb) so i may see about installing leopard then, but stick with it guys ;)

6. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Who else is going back to Tiger? "Not me", says I! :cool:
    [​IMG]

7. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

im staying with Leopard is better than Tiger espacally with Safari

8. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Definitely not going back. Can't think of a reason to go back?

9. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I've been having some dislikes with Leopard but now is getting better... I tested the computer yesterday by working hard in Photoshop to see how it flows and it's very nice... I think I'll stay with Leopard for a while... :apple:

10. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

glad you got it worked out

for me, Leopard is performing better than I expected on my G4's. Tiger's definitely a memory.

11. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

sorry to hijack the thread but, am I the only one who feels safari 3 is slower than safari 3 beta?

I have no numbers to back this up....I'm just going on 'snappiness' ;)

12. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It is so much faster for me, almost the definition of snappy.

13. jeffgtr macrumors regular

No way am I going back to Tiger. Spaces alone is worth the upgrade. It runs smooth as glass on my Powermac G5 dual 2.0 and my Ibook G4 1.33 12". It also runs great on my daughters 2nd Gen Mac Mini. I did the upgrade on all three computers with zero problem. Leopard is rock solid on all 3 machines.

14. GNice macrumors 6502

Not me...despite have an issue with stacks, I'm not going back...for me Leopard is easily a net positive.

15. blackslayer macrumors regular

leopard works well in my Mbp but not in my G5. I wonder why.:(

16. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I'm not going back... Leopard may currently have a few bugs and a few incompatibilities, but a lot of the features I really like and Tiger just doesn't do it for me anymore.

17. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

I'm pretty sure the question was "Who else is going back to Tiger?" Not "Who else is NOT going back to Tiger?"

18. Rank Xerox macrumors newbie

If I can't find a solution to this silly Stacks-issue will I definitely go back to Tiger.

I feel as crippled as when I am forced to work on Windows machine for gods sake. What is this?

19. JoBenton macrumors newbie

I am....

There's just simply too much broken in terms of my necessary programs in order for it to work for me.

I'm going to give it another 4-5 months and see if they have the issues with CS3 and smart phone synching solved. Until then, it turns into a simple internet and email machine. I need more. :(

20. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    LOL. Always happens. Just start a thread called "Who Else HATES the iPhone?" The most common answer is right out of Family Circus. Little Billy would be proud. I have to say, an "AppleTV strategic blunder?" thread might have legs though. :p

~ CB

21. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I've got it installed on two of my machines so far (an iBook and Mac Pro). No complaints. No compatibility issues. Won't go back to Tiger.

22. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Me either, Leopard for me, minus a few apps (Vienna :()

23. roblogic macrumors newbie

I got PHP5 to build with mcrypt on Leopard. You can install mcrypt with fink, then just add "--with-mcrypt=shared,/sw" to your configure commands.

24. vandlism macrumors 6502

25. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

After finding all the "broken" and regressed things from Leopard, and realizing how much I am NOT using most of the "new features" (from a UI standpoint), Tiger is looking better and better. I don't mean to undermine Leopards inner-workings, either. Snappier window response, networking and improved ichat/mail ARE appreciated... "Spaces" I had in Tiger with a 3rd party app (that had killer transitions btw), and additional Photobooth effects along with Time Machine aren't important enough to me.

But, the particular sore spots for myself:
    Dock - option for nestled folders
    Stacks - stationary icons that don't change with new apps and downloads
    Finder Icons - less homogenized more visual diversity
    Spotlight - Used to be simple and organized
    Front Row - lost the "zing" with UI and transitions
    Front Row - Re-integrate with itunes - and keep playing when it's activated.
    Broken Widgets
    Broken Apps
    Firewall - Seeming too "dumbed down" or neutered
    Login - background looks "cartoony" miss blue

It seems the very things that drew me back into the Apple world with Tiger - are being cluttered, blended and muted with Leopard. I give the new kitty until 10.5.1 to fix at least 1/3 of those problems - otherwise going back to my old kitty.