Who else is going back to Tiger?

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Leopard isn't doing it for me. Lightroom is not working correctly, and my photoshop license key is not registering so as of now i'm on a trial. I know this is most likely adobe, but it is still not usable for me outside of web browsing and music. I'm in tiger right now because I need to edit some pictures. thank god for superduper!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I booted into Tiger earlier to see how much of an upgrade Leopard is and even after a days use I am really liking all the features they added and going back to Tiger i felt a little crippled.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
As with all new things, there will be a few 'bugs' to iron out, stick with leopard & wait for updates to 'fix' the bugs, Personally i'm waiting to the summer, adding new boot drive and 3 other new hard drives (4 x 1tb) so i may see about installing leopard then, but stick with it guys ;)

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
I've been having some dislikes with Leopard but now is getting better... I tested the computer yesterday by working hard in Photoshop to see how it flows and it's very nice... I think I'll stay with Leopard for a while... :apple:

chris200x9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2006
im staying with Leopard is better than Tiger espacally with Safari

sorry to hijack the thread but, am I the only one who feels safari 3 is slower than safari 3 beta?

I have no numbers to back this up....I'm just going on 'snappiness' ;)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
sorry to hijack the thread but, am I the only one who feels safari 3 is slower than safari 3 beta?

I have no numbers to back this up....I'm just going on 'snappiness' ;)
It is so much faster for me, almost the definition of snappy.

jeffgtr

macrumors regular
May 9, 2005
No way am I going back to Tiger. Spaces alone is worth the upgrade. It runs smooth as glass on my Powermac G5 dual 2.0 and my Ibook G4 1.33 12". It also runs great on my daughters 2nd Gen Mac Mini. I did the upgrade on all three computers with zero problem. Leopard is rock solid on all 3 machines.

GNice

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Not me...despite have an issue with stacks, I'm not going back...for me Leopard is easily a net positive.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm not going back... Leopard may currently have a few bugs and a few incompatibilities, but a lot of the features I really like and Tiger just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Rank Xerox

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2002
If I can't find a solution to this silly Stacks-issue will I definitely go back to Tiger.

I feel as crippled as when I am forced to work on Windows machine for gods sake. What is this?

JoBenton

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
I am....

There's just simply too much broken in terms of my necessary programs in order for it to work for me.

I'm going to give it another 4-5 months and see if they have the issues with CS3 and smart phone synching solved. Until then, it turns into a simple internet and email machine. I need more. :(

I'm pretty sure the question was "Who else is going back to Tiger?" Not "Who else is NOT going back to Tiger?"
LOL. Always happens. Just start a thread called "Who Else HATES the iPhone?" The most common answer is right out of Family Circus. Little Billy would be proud. I have to say, an "AppleTV strategic blunder?" thread might have legs though. :p

~ CB

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I've got it installed on two of my machines so far (an iBook and Mac Pro). No complaints. No compatibility issues. Won't go back to Tiger.

roblogic

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
I might be going back every so often. I can't seem to install the mcrypt module for PHP which is oh-so necessary for my web development.
-Chasen
I got PHP5 to build with mcrypt on Leopard. You can install mcrypt with fink, then just add "--with-mcrypt=shared,/sw" to your configure commands.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
After finding all the "broken" and regressed things from Leopard, and realizing how much I am NOT using most of the "new features" (from a UI standpoint), Tiger is looking better and better. I don't mean to undermine Leopards inner-workings, either. Snappier window response, networking and improved ichat/mail ARE appreciated... "Spaces" I had in Tiger with a 3rd party app (that had killer transitions btw), and additional Photobooth effects along with Time Machine aren't important enough to me.

But, the particular sore spots for myself:
Dock - option for nestled folders
Stacks - stationary icons that don't change with new apps and downloads
Finder Icons - less homogenized more visual diversity
Spotlight - Used to be simple and organized
Front Row - lost the "zing" with UI and transitions
Front Row - Re-integrate with itunes - and keep playing when it's activated.
Broken Widgets
Broken Apps
Firewall - Seeming too "dumbed down" or neutered
Login - background looks "cartoony" miss blue

It seems the very things that drew me back into the Apple world with Tiger - are being cluttered, blended and muted with Leopard. I give the new kitty until 10.5.1 to fix at least 1/3 of those problems - otherwise going back to my old kitty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.