Who else is holding out for the Beats X?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Knowimagination, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

So I really like the idea of the AirPods, but I only find the EarPods moderately comfortable for any kind of extended use so I am hesitant to drop AirPod money and not be comfortable wearing them long term. I really was hoping the Beats X would be out before or near the AirPods so I could possibly try them both out and decide but the more I read about the AirPods the less I want to wait.

Anyone else trying to hold out and pick up the Beats X to try first?

2. sadxrad macrumors newbie

sadxrad

While I purchased a pair of AirPods I'll also be purchasing a pair of Beats X. I have a pair of urBeats and really like them. I'll be using the X for music, movies, games and walks. The AirPods for everything else.

3. Knowimagination thread starter macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I had no resolve, ordered some AirPods from Verizon today and will have them Thursday to try out will give it a week to see how I like them before I decide if I should return or if I'll probably just end up with the beats x also.

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I've had my airpods almost two weeks now but I'm definitely looking forward to getting the BeatsX. Don't want to be caught by surprise like I was with the airpods so I'm checking the app all the time!

5. geraldem macrumors regular

I am starting to think these BeatX things are some mythical item....never to be seen. Any update on timeframe for these mysterious EarPods?

6. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

lol what else is there?

7. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

8. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I've been enjoying my airpods. My power beats 2 didn't have any battery left one day so I decided to trimy my airpods , and surprisingly they holded pretty well. They didn't fall out during my workout. Now these are my to go headphones. :D

9. Bako-MacAddict, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017

Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

What I missing here. Is amazon taking pre orders? Are those the dates they estimate for release day ? I'm confused lol.

Edit: Needless today, I ordered them.

Attached Files:

10. sadxrad macrumors newbie

sadxrad

Phone calls/ group chats, podcasts, whenever I'm not solely focusing on the media I'm consuming. I'd like a bit more low end for games/movies and the X can provide that for example. I'm making an effort to switch to in ears except for new album releases and making music. Then I bust out the M50x.

11. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I went ahead and placed the order. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky! I'm still going to keep checking Best Buy and the Apple Store app just in case they get them first.

12. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

so let me get this straight, you will listen to music, movies, and games on your beatsx, but if you get a call or the itch to listen to podcasts, you will switch to airpods?

seems inconvenient to me. But hey, do you!

I am struggling for this very reason because I love the beats X from what I see. But I don't know where I will draw the line on using each -- for the sake of convenience

13. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I did the same lol. Need another pair for snowboarding. (My excuse) to justify my purchase for another pair of headphones.

14. sadxrad macrumors newbie

sadxrad

I own multiple pairs of headphones currently and don't find it inconvenient. You're telling me you'd have an hour long phone call with noise cancelling ear buds? That would drive me nuts lol.

15. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Thanks for posting this. I placed an order as well.

I have the AirPods, but I prefer the BeatsX. I have a pair of Plantronics bluetooth earbuds that I always use, and the BeatsX have the same style. I like that it's in-ear to block noise and a wire to keep it them from falling.

16. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I was gonna wait until the beatsx come out next month, but I decided to pick up the Bose soundsport wireless earbuds. I don't think the beatsx are gonna sound as good or be as comfortable as the bose soundsport wireless. I've tried the jaybird x3's and the AirPods. I like the Bose soundsport wireless the best so far.

17. AcountUserGuy macrumors newbie

How would the Bose be more comfortable if the earbuds are significantly bigger and heavier?

18. nikeagogo macrumors newbie

Are the quality of the Beats something that is still debated, or have they gotten better over time? I have always heard mixed reviews on the sound and build quality.

I was definitely more interested in these than the Airpods, but from what I have heard in the past I was hesitant to wait on the release and ultimately looked elsewhere. While going completely wireless has been nice, I do miss being able to just pop the headphones out and have them draped around the neck. If reviews are really positive I will probably check these out.

19. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

20. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

21. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

22. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

23. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yep I agree. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks!

24. akil316 macrumors member

I placed an order on amazon last night for them and it says arriving Jan 18 - Jan 27 so hopefully its true ^_^, been waiting a while for these.