Who else is waiting for a 128GB iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AudiA3, Nov 18, 2013.

1. AudiA3 macrumors member

Cant imagine if I have that! I will be able to download soooo many apps and save as many songs and videos in it. Awesome!

2. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Well, not me. I have 6GB left on my 16Gb phone. And if I ever need space for more music, I'll get rid of the large games I never play.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

64gb iPhone, more than half photos / videos i took. Offloaded 10GB recently. Be nice to have larger.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I'm using a 64GB version, and even then I still find it had to fill all of that. I'm 30GB still unused.

5. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Not me. Can't justify that much for a phone.

It'll be a while I think; iPod Touch had 64gb before it came to iPhone so by that logic the iPod Touch will have to get the 128 before the iPhone, something which it doesn't yet have.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I've got the 64GB and finally feel like I have adequate space. However, I think the only way I'll jump to a 128GB iPhone is if Apple releases a model with a large screen. Otherwise, I'll just keep my movies on an iPad.

7. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I was hoping the iPhone 5S would have gone 32/64/128. but it did not. so I went 32...not feeling the price lure of 64.

128 would be great

8. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

I'm hoping they make one. I have 64gb and have to keep deleting apps because I have no space left. I have a ton of pics/video and music. Yes I know I should probably just delete the pictures/videos but I like having all of them with me on my phone.

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm hoping they will too. I have a feeling that they want to when NAND flash prices come down enough for it. That way, when a 128GB iPhone and iPod Touch are for sale, they can justify finally discontinuing the iPod classic which hasn't seen updates in years now.

10. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

how can people even justify spending close to a grand on a phone, i mean if you have the money then i guess more power to you.

11. cynics macrumors G3

I'd like to see the prices stay the same but all the storage bump up so 32gb is the new base model. If that were the case then yeah I can't wait for the 128gb version.

Won't happen but I can dream can't I?

12. cube macrumors G5

You can buy a 64GB Samsung and add a 64GB card.

13. lexvo macrumors 65816

I have about 35GB on music. My previous iphone was a 4 with 32Gb which was obviously not enough. I bought myself a 64Gb iPhone 5s, problem solved :)
    I don't think I will need more than 64Gb however.

14. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I simply can't understand why people need so much space. I'm a heavy user with my 16GB iPhone 5s and never need to delete things to free up storage space.

15. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've got a 64GB 5s, but I'm at this weird transition period. My phone is loaded up with 45GB of music that I listen to from time to time, but now that the Google Play Music app is available, I've been streaming like I used to do on my Android phone. I think my next phone may be a 32GB model.

----------

My 16GB iPad mini doesn't have any music on it, but it is constantly full. Some apps are upwards of 1GB now, and movies are 1-3GB each. The space goes fast.

16. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Can't say that I am. I have most of my stuff in one cloud or another. I don't use much space on my iDevices but I can see the attraction for those who store things locally. Hopefully soon it will happen. It seems like it wouldn't be a stretch to make it happen with the continued decline in the cost of solid state storage.

17. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

If Apple charges $400 with contract or $1000+ for non-contract, no way.

18. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Definitely stoked on it! I bought the 64GB iPhone 5 expecting there to be a 128GB iPhone by the next time I upgraded two generations later. That would make the double upgrade from skipping an iPhone more worth it and make it a triple upgrade! I have an incredibly large amount of music, on top of having a good portion of that in AIFF format at 1536kbps. My entire library is 160GB of music, and that doesn't account for if I wanted to add any HD TV shows or movies, which consist of another 1.5GB-5GB each. I also have 3,800+ pictures at over 8.8GB. On top of all that, I like keeping my chat logs so all the previous media is in there for a bit until I delete it individually; it's only at 2.2GB now, but in another 10 months I can easily see that hitting 3GB-4GB. I also have a need to record most concerts I'm at and obviously take those videos off and delete them afterward, but it's a pain to at the time go through and delete music to make room for 1080p recording, especially since iOS 7 only lets you delete one song at a time.

..but.. that's how much the current top storage iPhone is, just not the latter. That logic is weird. If it's $400, the price of the current highest storage iPhone, why would it be $150 more than the current highest storage iPhone when out of contract?

19. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I'm with ya. I picked the 128GB iPad. Love it. After owning all iOS devices to date....we've accumulated a lot of apps that I'd forgotten about. Cool to go through the 'purchased' section and D/L anything I wanted ;)
    1080p editing on the Air is a blast (& the files are large, as are iPhone photos and manipulation). vJay and dJay are incredible..and having 5-10,000 songs on your device locally, not relying on the cloud is killer. I've got several magazine subscriptions, one a British Mac rag that weighs in between 6&800mb a month! Games can be as large as 1.5-2GB.
    More is better. Price per GB goes down exponentially as you double from 16--32--64.

Sincerely doubt it. I think we may be seeing the bi annual iPod Touch update moving forward. Next year, the A7. Thin, small, long battery life and no more than 64GB. It's the industry maximum of on board NAND right now. Google is trying to get all Android OEM vendors to remove SD storage as it's a joke (I own a Note, a pair of them...as my wife has one too. Can't get out of that contract quick enough). You can't put what you want on the card. Apps, app info....very selective of what is possible to put on the SD card and it's reliability is extremely suspect. Access is slow...I get faster 'media' access (music and video) from my LTE signal half the time than music stored on my SD card.

That said, Apple, Samsung, HTC, Sony, et al are not using SanDisk's weekly Best Buy SD card special or equivalency for on board storage. Look at nice and large Compact Flash storage, you'll get an idea of what efficient, fast and reliable solid storage costs. Next year we will see 128 in the iPhone. It'll be another differentiator or similar to the 2014 flagship releases from the competition

Typically they're subsidized. You pay a portion of your monthly bill so you don't typically drop a thousand up front. Two, three or four hundred. The very cool thing about the iPhone though, it holds its value. While you should never look at a phone as an investment, I've been fortunate enough since the first iteration to recoup my yearly investment plus a 50 or 100 dollar bill. This is pretty uncommon with electronics...but with a wife and son on the plan and every other year upgrade options, we take advantage of them. In the USA, if you don't the carriers aren't required by law to reduce your monthly bill once your subsidized purchase has matured. It's silly to continue paying a bigger carrier like that with an old phone. You don't lose money as the bill is the same
    Month to month, mom and pop carriers and specific SIM card retailers may make owning an older device more justifiable...the ability to sell an iPhone for as much or more than you bought it for, use that money to get the latest model....and continuing to pay the same bill. Economic and common sense

See above. They're damn near worthless. As most other 'Droid OEMs have figured out. They're a HUGE PITA!

You've got a '5' in your signature. So you paid $300, right? Why is another 'C' note such a bad deal? $/GB is a significantly better deal than the 32GB model

J

20. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm up for whatever storage is possible as long as it stays less than $400. Even at that I went with the 32GB iPhone 5S just to save $100. I think it's easier to justify the extra storage on an iPad because you're more likely to store magazines, photos, videos and huge games on there. Most of what's on my iPhone is photos, music and the iWork/iLife apps.

21. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

If you truly want to use all if the capabilities of the iPhone to the fullest extent (and are in the fortunate position to be able to purchase 128GB) it's a no-brainer.

I'll be saving my pennies.

22. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Pay over $1,000 just for a phone with 128GB of memory ? Wow...Just Wow :confused:

23. cynics macrumors G3

Some people have more money then others. If you have 2-5k of expendable income at the end of each month it's not so difficult to justify. If you need to save up for months it might not be a wise decision. Why is that so hard to understand.

Plus some people value tech and gadgets more then others.

24. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I want them to release a 128 so the 64 will be cheaper.

25. Camoxide macrumors regular

128GB http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...and-chips-for-smartphones-and-tablets-1098611