Who else keeps their brightness low as possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theapplefanboyj, Dec 1, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Most of the time, I keep my phone at about 15% brightness. I did this on my iPhone and my new Android and I've been getting G much better battery life then other people.
    Do you guys do this aswell?

2. yui4 macrumors 6502

Around 50% for me, most of the time. I find any higher is a bit too bright for my tastes.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Nope. I just let auto brightness do its thing. Haven't had any battery problems yet over multiple iPhones.

4. tayluftwaffel macrumors member

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

6. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I have always kept my iPhones on max brightness unless I'm in a dark room, then I turn it down. I tried auto for a while but wasn't happy with the way it worked.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I don't understand how some people can deal with such dark screens. Sort of defeats the purpose of having the larger screens.

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Around 35% to 40% has always been more than enough for me.

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

Me. When I take a friend's iPhone I feel like I am gonna burst into flames like a vampire. Anything over 39% is too bright

10. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

So, larger screens have to be brighter and smaller screens have to be darker?

11. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I do, keep mine around 10% but do have autobrightness on for when I'm in the sun. For this reason ive never had any complains on the battery life on any of my iPhones.

12. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

My screen gets really bright anyway so they're isn't a reason to keep it so high

13. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Wow, interesting distribution of replies. In a dark setting I might go down to 50%, but in a bright office I am near 100%.

14. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I like bright. I normally keep it at 80% and 100% if I'm outdoors.

I only use lower brightness if I'm in a dark room.

15. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you don't care about the impact on battery life?

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

As long as it lasts me the entire day, I don't care. In fact, all my iPhones since 2007 have lasted me all day and it's really only like 5% of the time when I use it more than usual and have to re-charge it before the end of the day.

17. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

I use auto brightness although I prefer darker screens. On my Android phone, I use adaptive (auto) brightness adjusted to 15%.

18. GTVH82 macrumors newbie

It's usually under %15 unless I feel I am using the camera or something I feel I should need to see every detail. Always amazes me how bright this thing gets

19. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

The Control Center is fast and easy, I prefer to set my brightness manually. A convenient way to achieve a proper level of illumination for the ambient light level. My iPhone 6+ is so bright at maximum I never go that high. In typical fashion like most other smartphones Auto brightness is not effective.

20. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Agree, I never cut back on brightness. I want to enjoy the screen I paid for. I concur the 6 plus doesn't need to go to 100% for that to occur. Very bright screen on this phone.

And, if lasts all day, so what? If you are that heavy a user and you don't get a full day, I understand cutting back on brightness.

When my son and his wife get me my AC Charger for work and Car Charger for Christmas, I won't care. :)

21. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

You young ones really crack me up. I am 66 and I want my phone as bright as possible. I keep always keep it on 100%. You can't be too rich, too thin or too bright.

22. julesgold macrumors regular

Well I am 23 and I keep my brightness all the way up, I just like it bright. I keep it low when I am at restaurants, or other places with nosy people close by though.

23. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

39% ? That's absurd! Anything over 37.5% is pure insanity.

24. Ibaorus macrumors member