Who else thinks AT&T customers...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Oct 27, 2010.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

With the 30.00 unlimited data plan should be able to tether? I know 2gb isn't enough so I won't switch from my unlimited plan. I would be willing to pay 45.00 for an unlimited data plan with tethering!

AT&T screwed us on this one, first it took them months to even come out with tethering after it was announced and now we have to be capped if we want it.

Just want some opinions.:mad:

2. RobinHo0d macrumors member

AT&Theives can't help but to screw us. What did you expect from those clowns ? Unlimited tethering for 45 bucks ? hahahahahahahahaha

3. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I know man, it ridiculous. I just through-out the 45.00 dollar point because thats their highest data plan.

I wish they would either let us tether with out plans or let PDAnet get in the app store so we can use that.

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

yes they are gana let people have unlimited data tethering. it has nothing to do with money, just that it would kill their network.

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

How cappin the amount of data you can tether? Keep your unlimited plan but somehow make it able to differentiate tethered data to normal data and give you a 2 or 3 gb cap for tethering purposes only? You can then use your phone as much as you would normally like. Would people be interested in that option?

6. samcraig macrumors P6

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I agree with u on some point. AT&T's current data plan is pretty awful. They are charging 45 dollars a month for 2gb data plus tethering. I was surprised to hear that they would charge 20 dollars more for tethering but offer no additional data. But unlimited isn't here to stay. People abuse them so much. They cancel their home network and use wireless tethering on their smart phones. I have seen people go beyond 15 to 20 gb per month. Unlimited data cannot stay.

8. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

9. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Unlimited tethering? No way in hell. That'd murder their network. However, I do think people should be able to tether if they have the 2GB data plan. No extra fee. Maybe five extra bucks? The way I see it, AT&T is giving you 2GB's worth of data. You should be able to use it as you wish.

10. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

End of thread

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

End of story.

12. Fasinate macrumors newbie

I remember getting my iPhone 3GS back in May 2010.. The customer service rep at AT&T told me " You have to get the $30 plan " " This is the iPhone it requires a premium plan" " This plan is unlimted and you cannot get out of it once you sign the contract" no downgrading we got you locked in to that $30 plan son.. In a rude tone of course it's AT&T duh!

A couple months later.... I go into the AT&T store and ask about getting my text message plan lowered because I didn't need unlimited texting, I wanted to trim some of the fat off of my $108 a month bill, and this is with 20% off per month work discount. He told me he could lower the text messages but it would make my bill cost even more because I'm getting a special price package and changing anything will upset the rate package I'm getting. He did say this, if you wanted to change your unlimited data per month that would get your bill to come down if you go with Data pro or whatever and it's only $25 a month. My unlimited plan was only $5 more and I used around 4-6MB per month and the Pro plan for $25 is only 2MG anything over that I get charged a left testicale.

I will tell ya that company something else... Won't let me downgrade texting and save a few bucks, but will let me save $5 to hardly get any data on my damn smartphone. geez..

The day I cancelled AT&T was so nice to me... They were going to drop my bill by $35 a month let me downgrade my texting plan and keep my unlimited data... I told the lady at AT&T so I was lied to and could of saved over $200 by now by lowering the text plan/// she hesitated and said well the policy might of been different back then... LOL So glad I'm away from these crooks.

13. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.2.0.26.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US Flex/P021) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Not sure why you wanted to stick with the UDP. If you only use a few megabytes a month (quite rare among iPhone users) then why didnt you downgrade to the $15/mo 200MB plan?

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And you bought it that you couldnt change or downgrade your text package?
    But anyway, judging by your whole 4 negative posts so far about the iphone, AT&T and Apple we can pretty much figure out what you're here for....

15. Fasinate macrumors newbie

My bad maybe I meant 4GIG per month... LOL

16. Fasinate macrumors newbie

It's just the truth...

17. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

If it ever becomes "Uncool" to bash AT&T, there's going to be a lot of fanboys sitting around with nothing to do.

What a crowd...

18. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Bash AT&T all you want but I am GLAD they charge so much!

Keeps people from sucking up all the resources!:eek:

19. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Gotta agree, this would be a great compromise.

What I think is ridiculous is that you have to go on a limited plan to get tethering. So you're paying for the amount of data (you pay for 2 gigs each month). And yet you have to pay more to let them allow you to use that data in a different way and they don't even give you more data. If you are already paying for the data, you shouldn't have to pay for how you use it.

I could see the arguement for paying extra if you had unlimited (because you'd definitely use more data) but if you are paying for a certain amount, I really think it is ripping people off to charge extra on how they use the amount they paid for.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Baby's first troll

21. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I love this idea.