Who else wants a 4S with the guts and size of a 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thomas card, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Thomas card macrumors member

Wouldn't the iphone 5S be better built exactly like the 4 or 4s but with the same guts and hardware ?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I really liked the design of the 4s, but the 5/5c/5s has grown on me.

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

A 4" 4S would be awesome.

Oh wait a minute...

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

id like the 3gs style with the bigger screen and 5s guts

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So you want 3 year old hardware in the form factor of the 5S? Sure, why not?

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I think your read the OP wrong...

He essentially wants a 5S with a glass back and aluminum chassis/side ring. Not a 5S with 4S innards...

7. Thomas card thread starter macrumors member

Exactly , I want the stability that the 4s steel chassis had with the glass back , atleast it didn't bend if you sit on it lol you can replace a glass back panel but once you bend your 5 or 5s your screwed

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Isn't the iPhone 5c pretty close?

9. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Not really. It would feel like a brick. Plus I don't look at the back of my phone that often

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No.

About the only good thing I have to say about the iPhone 4 and 4s is that those models are iPhones.

Hate the form factor. Hate the phone.

My personal opinion only. To each his own, if you like the 4 and 4s I have nothing against you.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like it. If they would only make an all black and an all white model with the internals of 5S, quite a few of us would be all set.

12. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I've sat on my iPhone 5 and it didn't bend.

I often wonder what the heck people do to their phones, with the damage I've seen out there!

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No idea.

I paid over $500 for a subsidized phone (meaning it's worth way more than the $500+ I paid) and I intend that, other than wear and tear, it stays in good condition. For that kind of money I pay attention to where my phone is, I don't throw it around and I certainly don't sit on it.

14. Prise macrumors regular

Initially, I preferred the form factor of the 4S. However, after using it for all this time, I really like the size of the 5.

15. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Originally I was concerned about the aluminum back on the 5/5s being too easy to scratch up. After owning a 5s for a few months, I've found that I'm careful enough with my phone that it isn't really an issue.

TL;DR, I like the 5s form factor and design.

16. solo118 macrumors 65816

I want an ipad air in 4.5" as my next iphone.

17. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

its more square than rounded edges. but i do like it better than the 5s

18. blarivee macrumors 6502

Interesting thought. I like it, although they should apply the chamfer edges to the steel band. The 4/4S felt a little uncomfortable to hold with the steel band digging into the hands.

19. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

OP, I'm not sure I understand your statement.

I want a thinner iPhone 4 form factor with 5 internals.

20. Freida macrumors 65816

does it actually bend or you are just assuming here? i haven't heard about iphone 5/5s bending. Is it really possible? It has glass in the front so wouldn't that prevent it?

21. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you put enough pressure on the phone, it'll bend.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1647864

*edit* Of course, the people in the thread I linked to are claiming that the phone bent on its own, which is obviously not true. Something had to apply some pressure to cause it to happen. I'd suspect that this can easily happen to users who keep the phones in their back pockets.

22. cynics macrumors G3

Google bent iPhone. You'll get a ton of pictures.

Like mentioned it doesn't "just happen" but it's not being done intentionally either.

23. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Not I. I have a 4 presently, and am looking forward to a slimmer, lighter iPhone. A 5s in the same form factor as the 4/4s would likely be heavier than the 4/4s, due to the added height.

I don't keep my current phone in my back pocket - sitting on broken glass doesn't seem to be a good idea, whether it's just the display, or the display and the back that are glass.

But then again, I got in the phone-in-front-pocket habit in the days when phones were much fatter and irregularly-shaped (the kind that looked like scaled-down versions of cordless phones). Sit on one of those babies, and you came away with a nice bruise. Those who started off with a flip phone had less reason to avoid the rear pocket. So the "bent iPhone 5s phenomenon" may be, in part, a generational difference.

The first cell I used was the size and weight of a brick, had a separate handset with a coiled cord, and needed a shoulder strap. The second was a hand-held unit about 1/2 that size - definitely not pocketable (except, perhaps, in the kangaroo pocket of a hoodie). And despite that, I think today's smart watches are huge and clunky. Go figure!

24. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

i liked the 4/4S form when it came out. it was far sexier than the 3G. But now that the 5/5S is out, i like that better. I like the lighter form factor. the less the phone weighs, the better.

Actually i like the 5C form the best.

The glass back is just inviting trouble. i dropped my 4S three times, and had cracked glass on the back each time. sigh. And please, dont give me that buy a case crap, half of people here use their phone commando because its just a sleeker feel.

25. itjw macrumors 65816

You know what else would be cool? A 1999 Toyota Corolla with the guts of a 2014 599GTB Ferrari!

You could be all "I've got a Corolla YO!", and then *SMOKE* some peeps... wooooorrrrrdddddddddd...

Oh ya, I can feel the coolness now!

Anyone else have any cool mashups??? A lion with the guts of a frog, ketchup bottle filled with ice cream, a PS4 in toaster????

:rolleyes: