Who forgot to set your clock back?

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I know this has a limited audience, but just wondering, "who forgot to set your clock back?"

Anything interesting happen because of it?
Did you show up early somewhere?

Its usually not as bad as in the Spring, when you would be late to something.

Maybe you remembered this time because you forgot in the past.
Any stories from the past about when you forgot?

Woof, Woof - Dawg

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Chundles said:
Set it back!!! OMG!!! I set mine forward!! :eek: :eek:
hahaha nice. I don't know if it was the clocks or what, but my mom called me at 6:45 this morning :mad: :mad: :mad: . She gets up really early to begin with, but i have work today and my concert was very tiring last night. grrr

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I got up an hour too early. :rolleyes:
Oh well, just an extra hour lying on the sofa as opposed to lying in bed

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
rockthecasbah said:
hahaha nice. I don't know if it was the clocks or what, but my mom called me at 6:45 this morning :mad: :mad: :mad: . She gets up really early to begin with, but i have work today and my concert was very tiring last night. grrr
Yeah, I hate losing an hour, I got home from work - stuffed, and found that it was now 3am.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Chundles said:
SPRING forward
FALL back

Or so the saying goes!

Most people enjoy the extra hour of sleep, but it can be disruptive to the routine either way.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I got pretty freaked out. My phone syncs automatically and I was coming home from drinking with my friends at a bar. I looked at my phone and it said 1:45. Awesome, I didn't want a very late night, exams are coming up. So, I brush my teeth, garb a drink and get into bed. Look at the phone again because someone's sent me a message and it's 3:15! Ahh! Why did it take a little over an hour to brush my teeth! I'd had enough drinks to have to think about it for a while before I worked out what was happening. :eek:

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Chundles said:
So did I - but we were meant to here!

Wasn't just one clock... I had trouble working out all the different places I have a time indicator:
3 clocks
1 x radio /alarm clock
3 x watches
2 x mobile phones (1 x pers, 1 x work)
home phone / answering machine
television
Digital STB (with PVR)
Stereo
2 x iPods (ok I did my nano - haven't done my 3G 40GB one yet)
digital camera
microwave
oven
car

phew! The only place I didn't have to change time - was on my Powerbook!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I remembered - thanks to clayj's thread - but it is almost a moot point here. The kids get up early, and whether "early" is technically an hour earlier today doesn't really matter. ;)

Plus, yeah, it's nice that many of the modern devices here (like the Macs, as mentioned!) set themselves automatically.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
MacDawg said:
SPRING forward
FALL back

Or so the saying goes!

Most people enjoy the extra hour of sleep, but it can be disruptive to the routine either way.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
OK, I'm really hoping some people have noticed the sarcasm dripping from my original post. I'm in the southern hemisphere, it's hot, humid and far from winter.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
mad jew said:
Nice. :D

But doesn't the saying still work? :)
Sort of, the "spring forward" forward part works (mind you it sure doesn't feel like bloody spring, it's about 21 degrees - not too bad at all until you figure in the 99% humidity and total lack of breeze. It was 30 degrees the other night at 11pm so it's certainly getting towards summer.

"Fall back?" Nup, doesn't work here, "Autumn Back" just doesn't sound right...

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
whocares said:
I loose that hour of extra sleep over angst about loosing an hour's sleep in spring :eek: :p :p
I hate losing an hour's sleep too, never actually let one loose though....

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
In the past... I've showed up to work an hour early (love retail, really do... :rolleyes: ) and my whole family and I showed up to church early as well. Couldn't figure out why the doors were locked and there were no other cars in the lot. :p

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
devilot said:
In the past... I've showed up to work an hour early (love retail, really do... :rolleyes: ) and my whole family and I showed up to church early as well. Couldn't figure out why the doors were locked and there were no other cars in the lot. :p
Done that one before. Right now my wife is training at scout camp. They skip the Daylight Savings Time.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Arrived at a concert an hour early and could not figure out why the doors were still locked and why there was no crowd.

Another time was when I was going to Half Price Bookstore, arrived an hour early only to find out that they were still closed.

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
I surely didn't forget. I had to get my future brother-in-law to the airport this morning. He is going home to Hawaii (and is probably the only one that is sad to be going there).

Hickman