Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soshibo

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
noob question... but i just set up a me.com address from my iphone. got what i wanted, but how do i use it? lol

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
I managed to get [Firstname].[Surname]@me.com. I was previously a paid for MobileMe customer with [Firstname][Surname]@me.com but I cancelled that in April this year. It seems that I can't use the same one again.

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
mine: [first name]@me.com
wife's: [first name]@me.com
2 daughters: [first name][last name]@me.com
1 daughter: [first initial][last name]@me.com

i got our @me email addresses the day mobileme went live. i have a very common first name, so i was lucky to get it but i have on occasion gotten email that was supposed to be to someone else. i usually just respond to those with some kind of "ok, message received!" sometimes i get a little more creative and start demanding things from my "underlings" and go on on about indecisiveness, taking matters in to your own hands, etc...

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
i got mine pretty easily my first and last name without any underscores or periods or numbers. its @mac account. interesting thing though, it works for both as @me and @mac.

EDIT: I'm a current/paid through/previous subscriber of mac/mobileme account and my moved account has a default 25GB of space in the "cloud" not the 5GB that's allocated to all.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.