Who has a iPhone 6 Plus with 16GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ciscomata, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ciscomata Suspended

ciscomata

Just curious, who has a :apple: 16GB iPhone 6 Plus? :apple:

Also will I be good with 16GB if...

I have about 100 songs, and I download Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare, Wordpress, Att or MyVerizon, Happy State Bank, Youtube, Netflix, Shazam, Over (text editing code), Camera +

and I have about 100 contacts on my phone.

Will I be good?

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Do you take a lot of pictures/videos?

3. Achillias macrumors regular

I do and regret it. If you buy a 5.5 inch smartphone you're going to use it alot so you don't need to worry about storage. Returning mine for the iPhone 6 plus 64GB version. I only have 2GB left in just one week of using.

4. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

I do but I'm swapping for 64gb. The plus seems gimped with only 16gb.

5. ciscomata thread starter Suspended

ciscomata

I probably take like a lot of selfies but I delete them after I post them on Instagram or Facebook... Let's just say I never had over 300 pictures on my phone and for videos, I really don't video that much and if I do I upload them to YouTube, unless it is something to remember but I usually will have like 2-3 videos.

----------

how many photos/videos, apps, and all that do you have?

6. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

I do. I have to delete my pictures from my phone after I sync to iPhoto. No music on mine, have to use my 160 GB classic. For me, it's good because I don't have a lot of apps. I wanted the 64 GB, but my mom ended up preordering this at a store after I couldn't get through on the Apple website

7. ciscomata thread starter Suspended

ciscomata

True, I have the 64GB on order right now but I'm so impateient like SOOOO.

8. jbmacfan macrumors member

An iPhone 6 Plus set up as a new phone out of box (not from backup) with nothing installed yet has 10.1GB of space to work with. After going through all my custom settings and still not installing anything the storage dropped to 9.7 GB. And then after installing a select few apps I was already down to 6.4GB. I am now going to return it for a bigger option. I was led to believe you had 12-13GB to work with.

9. Achillias macrumors regular

I currently have 5GB of apps 3GB of music 1 GB of wallpapers, pictures and got 2GB left. I use the iPhone 6 plus alot and 16GB is not enough for me.

10. ciscomata thread starter Suspended

ciscomata

Yeah, I owned the regular 6 and it had only 11GB for me. But after I download apps I had 2GB but than again I was downloading apps that I don't even like to play that much just to have on there lol

11. EdwardC macrumors regular

EdwardC

I have a 16GB 6 and have a few hundred songs, about 60 photos and a few apps and have 9GB of space left. I found that with the apps I used I could just as easily use the mobile website for the same thing so was able to delete most of my apps which helped a lot. 64GB would probably be advantagous but mine has a perfect display and no defects so I will just keep it and use iCloud drive as soon as I get Yosemite on my Mini. Hope it all works out for you.

Regards......Ed

12. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

I had a 16GB 6+ and it simply just wasn't enough. Now, I don't put a lot of music on my phone but I do download podcasts. I also do like to take pics/videos but was willing to transfer them to my MBP if necessary and delete from the phone. I like apps but not a ton and I'm not a gamer. 16GB has fared me well in the past but not anymore. The apps take up more space now, save more data now, the pics/videos are higher res and require more space too. I love the 6+ and luckily found a 128GB to swap the 16GB with cause I was close to just getting a 128GB regular 6 and was really reluctant to do so. I don't know why Apple made these phones with 16GB as the base, should have been 32GB but 64GB for just $100 more is a great deal. And now with 128GB it gives me peace of mind and a worry-free experience with the 6+. Love this phone and I highly recommend a higher capacity than 16GB.

13. 617aircav Suspended

Are you new to smartphones? Only you can judge your needs.

14. ciscomata thread starter Suspended

ciscomata

No I've had every iPhone since the 4th one and I've had andriod. But 16GB is always good for me, because I'm used to it. But they said it was different?

15. mrbunglez macrumors regular

mrbunglez

I have the 16gb 6+. IMO it's all I need for what I use my phone for. All my pics are saved through either shoebox or backup rocket that syncs with my google drive. If I ever wanna watch movies I either stream them or use my airstash. And all my music is streamed from Google music. I had a 32gb iphone 5 and never went over 12gbs. So it was kinda dead money and hard drive space for me.

16. 617aircav Suspended

It's not different. You choose what's on your phone. Do you intend on keeping your music library on your phone? If so 16 May not enough depending on your library. Only you can know this based on your past use.

17. AppleRobert macrumors 603

64gb. I rather not need to be concerned with space limitation and that is plenty enough for me. Go big or go home! :)

18. HerdJC macrumors member

HerdJC

My 16gb 6+ is still waiting to be shipped, but I had planned on using Backup Rocket to send them to Google Drive as well instead of paying more for iCloud space. I've never used it before but had read about it on another site. How well does the app work with ios 8?

19. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Go utes!

I use my phone for everything, and I tend to collect useless apps, sometimes forgetting that I can just delete them. I have nearly 40GB in music and I like to carry it with me.

Needless to say I always get the max capacity phone. 32GB iPhone 4, 64GB 5, and 128GB 6

20. 7timethecrystal macrumors regular

7timethecrystal

I have a 16 GB 6+. Wife has a 16 GB 6.

I stream my music from Spotify, so no issues on a music library. Stream other media like NFL Sunday Ticket, Netflix, etc.

Only issue is pictures. Wife takes a TON, so I do have to sync and erase once a month. In a way, it's inconvenient...and in another, it limits how many pictures we take and sort of restricts it a bit, which is good.

If I gave her free reign to take as many as she wanted...I'd never find a good picture.

21. HerdJC macrumors member

HerdJC

That's exactly the situation and phones that my wife and I have (or, at least, she has and I will have). She takes all kinds of pictures and I have to constantly sync them to my computer and delete them from the phone. She wanted a 64gb 6 but I knew if she went that path that I'd be syncing photos for the rest of my natural life, haha! ;)

22. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I almost think 32GB's is the bare minimum now...in the case of the iPhone 6/6+ that calculates to 64GB since it goes 16/64/128. Its worth the extra $100....think about it...$100 spread over 2 years is nothing...just bite the bullet and dig a little deeper into your pockets.

23. Laryl macrumors 6502

Laryl

I'm trying to decide if I can get by with the 16gb I'm still waiting on. Can you be a little more precise on how many photos is a TON ? hehe. Besides apps like facebook, and some games and stores, it's the photography that I worry about. Especially with the new great grandbaby coming.. I see some serious videos in my future. I don't do music or movies that need to be on my phone.. it's just the photography. Downloading once a month and deleting I might be able to live with.

Worse case senerio, maybe Mophie will make a case that has built in storage, like they did for the 5. It would be expensive but, would solve the problem of storage if I regretted the 16gb later.

24. mrbunglez macrumors regular

mrbunglez

Works great! You can even set it to automatically backup in a certain area, I make it backup automatically when I get home.

25. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Got the 64GB iPhone 6 and returned it because I really wanted the larger screen. Only iPhone 6 Plus I could get was 16GB. Still have about 3GB free space, and not too concerned about it. I import all pictures and videos to my laptop and stream all music and video, so for me, the 16GB works fine. Your experience may vary depending on what you do with your phone.