Who has an AT&T refurbished iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wordoflife, Mar 16, 2011.

1. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Hey guys,
    I was wondering who has an AT&T refurbished iPhone 4? Not the ones from Apple, but the ones from www.att.com.

I know that they aren't "Apple refurbs" , but I want to know the condition that they come in, and what is scenario with the warranty. I am seriously considering purchasing one.

Thanks

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I bought one in December direct from AT&T online - 32GB for $199. Looked absolutley new except for the box, with new USB and headphones. Came with 4.2.1. No scratches or any other cosmetic imperfections.

3. wordoflife thread starter macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's awesome! Considering I only plan to keep the phone for 2-4 months, I think the price is right.

4. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I bought my old 8GB 3G refurbished from AT&T a couple of years ago. As sbddude noted, it was pretty much sparkling new, except for the box. No scratches, no blemishes I could see, and after 2+ years, it still works great.

5. wordoflife thread starter macrumors 604

wordoflife

Any idea what the warranty looks like? I did some searching and found some conflicting posts.

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I just checked my warranty. Expires Oct 2011, which means I got 10 months.

7. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

I think it still requires a 2 year commitment, or are you passing it down to someone else?

8. wordoflife thread starter macrumors 604

wordoflife

Yeah, I understand that. Someone on my account isn't planning on upgrading at all (and that person has had a eligible discounted upgrade since 2009). I was going to give them my 3GS in the summer, but I thought "why don't I just upgrade now to iPhone 4, and use their upgrade when iPhone 5 comes out? Then I can give the iPhone 4 instead of the 3GS." Pretty win-win if you ask me ;)

I've done upgrade swaps plenty of times before, so assuming that hasn't changed, I should have no problems :)

9. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Bi-winning!!!!

10. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I've purchased 2 refurb iPhone 4 (both 32GB) and both came in flawless condition. Can't even tell they weren't new, and included new accessories (cable, headphones, etc).

11. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Apple is generally regarded as being one of the better refurb providers. As w/ all things Apple, the attention to detail is amazing.

12. Aloha-boy macrumors newbie

I got a 32gb refurb for the wife back in October. Only problem it had was a "no sim installed" error. After ejecting, reinserting, ejecting and reinserting the sim, the error went away. I also called Apple and made sure it was covered under their 1 year warranty. :)

13. wordoflife thread starter macrumors 604

wordoflife

That is good to hear. I wonder if they throw in a new battery into those phones or not.