Who has destroyed their computer equipment before???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iSamurai, Oct 22, 2008.

1. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

Ya, after chucking my c4n0n printer out my bedroom window last night (because it won't suck paper in properly and failed to print), has anyone out there destroyed any computer equipment before?

my bloody printer somehow did not want to suck in paper and it seems like it is stuck for good. seeing that replacing the printer would be the better option than sending it in for repairs (I tried fixing it but no luck), it was eventually deemed to be thrown out from the balcony (4m off the ground). thereafter all usable parts e.g. the motor are salvaged.

I've also destroyed an old computer before, a hard drive, DVD drive and a radio. yeah, pretty fun but I guess you can call me violent.

I have here another 3 printers and a dead laptop (everything else is fine except for the motherboard), and I've always been wanting to throw them down from an extreme height i.e. @ my school. lol. I would probably get in trouble though :p

anyone else doing something similar?

2. ~Wibble~ macrumors member

i've thrown a tv moniter off my mates flat roof, That was soo cool.
    more recently i got at a broken ipod nano with a hammer:D

~Wibble~

3. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

I smashed a plastic cover on my old HP printer because the damn thing would have a brain fart every 5 min and ignore any print jobs i sent it...yeah, sucked because I had to then find a way to trick the printer into thing its top way closed...when it wasn't there lol.

4. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Yhup a school PC, I got so pissed of with it I just threw it off the desk, they didn't like it one bit, I did though (One less PC in the world):D

5. iSamurai thread starter macrumors 65816

iSamurai

oh, forgot this wreck... it's pretty much broken, all the plastic panels have come off and the main parts are dislocated. it still turns on when connected. surprisingly.

Attached Files:

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I destroyed the first 3 cases of my first PC, bad decision having the tower by my feet...

I punched and smashed my HP printer after it refused to acknowledge new ink cartridges, it was only year and a half old too, contrary to what you are probably assuming, I do keep my things in good nick :) until they frustrate me, then it goes downhill...

7. sfh macrumors regular

break stuff

we actually used to have a break stuff day where you could bash the hell out of the stuff you hated the most .. reminded me of office space ... it was fun:D

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I smashed two Windows laptops before.

The first was 7 month old HP with an AMD processor. I got tired of it being so slow that I stood up and smashed it to the floor several times. It was totally destroyed, screen shattered and CD tray broke off.

The second was sort of an accident. This was on an HP 17" 3.0GHZ. I meant to throw the mouse. I did. It hit the display shattering it.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope. Never.
    I do have to bash my mouse to get it to work though. I'm just generally very calm and careful with my electronics.

Maybe too much so, my 5.5G iPod still has a scratch-free back and my PowerBook doesn't look a day old.

10. remmy macrumors 6502a

I think i have only smashed one object through anger.

It was a epson printer that was already bad, leaking ink, poor quality prints, paper jams. What made me loose it a bit was when it decided to piss ink everywhere and some got on a new shirt :mad:

My old pc used drive me nuts crashing etc, but the case was too well made.

Mice (pc) often feel my wrath I have squeezed a few too much sometimes.

I'm normally very careful with electronics its just printers that get to me.

11. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Many many years ago I had an Amstrad PC1512 with a 20MB Hard Card in. I finally gave up on it and threw it down the two flights of stone steps outside my flat.

My other half dragged it back in and the bloody bstad thing still booted up!!!!

So it went for a second ride - That cleaned its chronometer!!!

darned rubbish - replaced it with a MMX Pentium166 :)

12. pscoble macrumors 6502

A brother printer. That thing was incredibly horrible. I'm sure most people at some point destroy a printer. Those things can be so damn irritating! :mad: Especially when you need them the most.

13. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Ah yes, the Brother printer.
    Been very annoyed with it lately, falsely claiming the ink is empty after only a few prints. Even more annoyed at the fact that it cleans the ink every night at 1am, not only wasting ink but waking me up. :mad:

But alas, my revenge was mutually beneficial.

The old black tape on the cartridge indicator did the trick. Now I can use the cartridge until it is actually empty, not when the printer decides it is!

It created a feeling so much better than stomping on the printer. I had won, but the printer still lives. :)

14. iSamurai thread starter macrumors 65816

iSamurai

A few years ago I was printing on an Epson. It sat on a PC workstation stand, and while I was feeding it paper it accidentally fell onto the floor. It was only about 1.5 metres above ground and the next thing it won't suck paper in properly.

I was so p!ssed back then and recently with the printer I trashed -- I just replaced those bloody cartridges!!! :mad::mad: what a waste of money. Obviously I would buy a same replacement printer but those darn stores rose the price up just recently... gah!! so I'm forced to buy a different one and I can't use those cartridges. ;(

i was gonna disassemble it, but after discovering that i can't open it (it's clipped and no screws -- kinda like an el-cheapo cost-cutting build), i threw it out my window. so yeah, i'll do some brainstorming to see what i can do with the salvaged parts... I can still remember the freeze-frame in my head, that printer, still shiny and scratchless, flying off my balcony. hahaha!!!

15. pscoble macrumors 6502

Yeah, printers are the only piece of electronic equipment that I have wanted to physically abuse. I remember a couple years ago have so many issues trying to print a large project the night before it was due and having to stay up all night to fix the thing.

16. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There is a thing called printer cleaning sheet

17. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Only one time. It was a Canon bubble Jet printer. It had a bad habit of eating the paper. It was about 3 years old when it pushed too far. It was history in less than 5 min. Picked up a new one the next day, though it was an epson. :rolleyes:

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Took an old harddrive to the shooting range once.

19. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

No, I think it's unreasonable to resort to violence for something as trivial as getting frustrated at a piece of machinery.

Taking a HD to a shooting range might be a reasonable one here (you would be destroying something anyway, and there's legitimate reasons for destroying Hard Drives).

20. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

School was getting rid of some old PM5400s...I grabbed two, only one booted. Too lazy to fix the second one, so it went to the range with me the next time. .30-06 and 7.62x51mm really mess up CRT displays...

21. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

My last PC started randomly freezing. After replacing a bunch of parts and a clean install of XP it still kept freezing. I went to the garage, got a hammer then sat down in front of the tower. I showed the computer the hammer then had a heart-to-heart with the computer. I explained that I'm done with the problems, after that point every time it froze I would whack it with the hammer until it no longer functioned.

A week later a bought my first Apple and I was able to put the hammer back in the tool box.

22. bombboy macrumors regular

bombboy

Whenever something has reached the end of the line and can't turn any cash back into my pockets I just take them out back and grab my baseball bat...

23. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

Only really tried to break something once....

back in about 94 or so, got an Canon bubblejet printer, to replace a dotmatrix tank of printer. Dropped it from the second story balcony, really a 2.5 floor drop on the paving stones below, didnt do much damage to it, didnt try and use it again, but it probably would have worked.

24. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I have smashed hdds, dead dvd drives, and old pcs.

If any of my mice and keyboard don't work, i run over them with a car. I have video of a mouse getting flattened someonewhere i will try and find it!

25. mdhwoods macrumors regular

Back in the day when pagers were prevalent and my anger management was a bit lacking i bounced 1 pager off the concrete and put one though a wall. Unfortunately the pager was an innocent bystander. it was my girlfriend at the time i was pissed at.