Who has iPhone 6 Plus buyers remorse?

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Anyone nervous the phone might be too big? Thinking of canceling and getting the 4.7" earlier? Are we crazy for buying a mini iPad mini and trying to hold it to our heads to use as a phone?

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Seriously? You haven't even used it yet.

Worse case you use it for a week and exchange it at the Apple Store for a 6.

Sonmi451

Suspended
Aug 28, 2014
Tesla
iPhone plus is in higher demand anyway. It will be EASY to trade it to someone who wasn't able to get one and pocket a hundred bucks or so.

mguti

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
TX
not nervous at all. I had the note 3 there for a little while. loved the size hated android!

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
Not nervous at all. Sounds like the 4.7" may be in a little better supply, so if I dislike the 5.5", I'll just swap it for the 4.7".

The height is the only thing that concerns me -- it's thinner and more narrow than most 5"+ handsets I've had, but that height...yeesh.

That said, I think it may be more pocketable with those dimensions over, say, the last Note 3 I had, so we'll see. Can't make a judgment call until I get it in my hands and use it for a couple days. I suspect it'll all be fine.

map1978

macrumors 68020
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Anyone nervous the phone might be too big? Thinking of canceling and getting the 4.7" earlier? Are we crazy for buying a mini iPad mini and trying to hold it to our heads to use as a phone?
Your crazy to think its an "iPad Mini and trying to hold it to our heads to use as a phone"

Relax, it's not that big

jlx21

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Ended up getting the 64 but thinking 16 would've been just fine (and saving $100)

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I would think buyers remorse will begin once you have it in hand, i.e., seeing what your money actually bought may produce a sense of remorse.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
Not me! I went to BB and played with phones of different sizes. So, I'm confident the 6 Plus is right for me. It's the reason i finally decided to spend money on an updated smartphone. (I've been using an outdated LG on Tracfone.)

Until now, I've carried my iPad with me whenever I thought I'd need data away from home. The 6 Plus is small by comparison. :cool:

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
The only thing I sort of regret is dropping over 5 bones on a phone + case haha.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
Nope. Printed out a template that someone posted on here and decided BEFORE I ordered that I wasn't going to put an iPad up to my head to make a call (more that I wasn't going to try to jam 5.5" in my already crowded jeans)

So no remorse here. I'll rock the 4.7" for a year or two until there's no small option any longer then I'll jump to the bigger when forced.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
I keep seeing people compare it to a tablet and I don't get why. It's not even close to the size of a tablet, not even the iPad Mini.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Seriously? You haven't even used it yet.

Worse case you use it for a week and exchange it at the Apple Store for a 6.
If you do that, do they give you a brand new 6 in exchange, or a used one since the one you are returning is used?

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
It is not as big as you think.. did you do a cut out. I mean I am a tall dude so maybe it is different for me.. but a note 3 is easy to use for myself and a iphone 6+ will be great.

ender21

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Southern Cal
The height is the only thing that concerns me -- it's thinner and more narrow than most 5"+ handsets I've had, but that height...yeesh.

That said, I think it may be more pocketable with those dimensions over, say, the last Note 3 I had, so we'll see. Can't make a judgment call until I get it in my hands and use it for a couple days. I suspect it'll all be fine.
Agreed, Justin. I got the same Spigen case for the 6+ that I also have for my Note3 and it came in the mail yesterday. It felt surprisingly usable despite being noticeably taller. Being narrower than the Note3 is definitely a plus more than being taller is a minus, imo.

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Not me. I had so much trouble ordering it on my tiny 5s screen that I long for a screen I can see, no matter if I'm half asleep or not. :)

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Who has iPhone 6 Plus buyers remorse?

Your crazy to think its an "iPad Mini and trying to hold it to our heads to use as a phone"

Relax, it's not that big

Exactly! I don't know why some people are comparing the 6 Plus to an iPad mini.

----------------

For those who preordered a 6 Plus, you have no reason to feel remorse, I mean you still haven't received it yet. I am not trying to justify a purchase I made here as I did not order an iPhone 6 Plus but I'm just trying to be reasonable here. However, I have tried a Note 3 and it has the exact same dimensions as the 6 Plus, you guys have nothing to worry about.