Who has iPhone 6 Plus buyers remorse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Anyone nervous the phone might be too big? Thinking of canceling and getting the 4.7" earlier? Are we crazy for buying a mini iPad mini and trying to hold it to our heads to use as a phone?

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

not nervous at all... I'm sure it will be fine!!

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

When is the period that you can cancel an order?

4. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Seriously? You haven't even used it yet.

Worse case you use it for a week and exchange it at the Apple Store for a 6.

5. Sonmi451 Suspended

iPhone plus is in higher demand anyway. It will be EASY to trade it to someone who wasn't able to get one and pocket a hundred bucks or so.

6. davefromca macrumors 6502

Ya no kidding lmao its been 10 hours max since you ordered the thing. Some of you are hilarious.

7. mguti macrumors member

not nervous at all. I had the note 3 there for a little while. loved the size hated android!

8. justin216 macrumors 6502

justin216

Not nervous at all. Sounds like the 4.7" may be in a little better supply, so if I dislike the 5.5", I'll just swap it for the 4.7".

The height is the only thing that concerns me -- it's thinner and more narrow than most 5"+ handsets I've had, but that height...yeesh.

That said, I think it may be more pocketable with those dimensions over, say, the last Note 3 I had, so we'll see. Can't make a judgment call until I get it in my hands and use it for a couple days. I suspect it'll all be fine.

9. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Your crazy to think its an "iPad Mini and trying to hold it to our heads to use as a phone"

Relax, it's not that big

10. jlx21 macrumors newbie

Ended up getting the 64 but thinking 16 would've been just fine (and saving $100)

11. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

No remorse yet! I'm excited to try something so different than what I'm used to.

12. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

6+ is very big. I would suggest cancelling and getting a normal sized phone.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I would think buyers remorse will begin once you have it in hand, i.e., seeing what your money actually bought may produce a sense of remorse.

14. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

Not me! I went to BB and played with phones of different sizes. So, I'm confident the 6 Plus is right for me. It's the reason i finally decided to spend money on an updated smartphone. (I've been using an outdated LG on Tracfone.)

Until now, I've carried my iPad with me whenever I thought I'd need data away from home. The 6 Plus is small by comparison. :cool:

15. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

The only thing I sort of regret is dropping over 5 bones on a phone + case haha.

16. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

Nope. Printed out a template that someone posted on here and decided BEFORE I ordered that I wasn't going to put an iPad up to my head to make a call (more that I wasn't going to try to jam 5.5" in my already crowded jeans)

So no remorse here. I'll rock the 4.7" for a year or two until there's no small option any longer then I'll jump to the bigger when forced.

17. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Only remorse I've seen is in regard to the delivery time.

18. G-Ziss macrumors regular

I keep seeing people compare it to a tablet and I don't get why. It's not even close to the size of a tablet, not even the iPad Mini.

19. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

no, supply will be gone and you probably won't be able to exchange for quite some time.

20. G-Ziss macrumors regular

If you do that, do they give you a brand new 6 in exchange, or a used one since the one you are returning is used?

21. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

You'll be glad you did. Either when you use more than 16GB (easy to do) or when you resell it later.

22. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

It is not as big as you think.. did you do a cut out. I mean I am a tall dude so maybe it is different for me.. but a note 3 is easy to use for myself and a iphone 6+ will be great.

23. ender21 macrumors 6502

Agreed, Justin. I got the same Spigen case for the 6+ that I also have for my Note3 and it came in the mail yesterday. It felt surprisingly usable despite being noticeably taller. Being narrower than the Note3 is definitely a plus more than being taller is a minus, imo.

24. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Not me. I had so much trouble ordering it on my tiny 5s screen that I long for a screen I can see, no matter if I'm half asleep or not. :)

25. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Who has iPhone 6 Plus buyers remorse?

Exactly! I don't know why some people are comparing the 6 Plus to an iPad mini.

[​IMG]

----------------

For those who preordered a 6 Plus, you have no reason to feel remorse, I mean you still haven't received it yet. I am not trying to justify a purchase I made here as I did not order an iPhone 6 Plus but I'm just trying to be reasonable here. However, I have tried a Note 3 and it has the exact same dimensions as the 6 Plus, you guys have nothing to worry about.