Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
howd you get it for 69 bucks?

is that the education discount?

im gettin mine from amazon.com -- i ordered when the 50 dollar rebate was still in effect...

-f

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
edu

yes... with the EDU discount. And yes... I paid for shippin.. it was only $5 more.. and hey.. I want it fast.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I ordered my 2 copies shortly after the keynote, well, on the friday, because on the friday my work bought 2 new Quicksilvers (DP1ghz) so I can get it for $19.

Ensign

phgreer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Greenville, SC
They won't come get you if you get the educational discount but are not a teacher or a student? Well to tell the truth my wife is a teacher but we sort of share the iBook and use it mostly at home. She did her lesson plans on it. She plans on taking it to school with her to use but we also will be using it for our home business as well. Seriouly they won't come get us will they? :confused:

I mean it will be used for "educational purposes" sometimes but not other times. Is this ok?

Actually I would get my wife to get it for us without a thought but I'm sort of speaking for my wife who is extremely "by the book".

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
yeah, you'll be fine

they don't really check a whole lot for edu purchases.... i'm guessing they're more apt to check for big hardware buys than one copy of os x.2

and it doesn't have to be used just for educational purposes...

i would order it but right around that time i'll be moving back to school. and i don't know my addy there... so i'm not sure if i should send it home but then i might miss it... i think i'll just pick it up from the apple store. can you get an edu discount at the retail store?

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
I echo Jello's question: can you get the edu discount if you go to the physical Apple Store? I'm really debating whether I should order it online or be at the Tampa store when it opens on the 24th. Those of you who live near an Apple Store, what are you going to do?

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I was talking with a fellow I know at [in]compusa over the weekend and venting about the damned software coupons that came with my new TiBook as well as the full retail version of 10.1 that I purchased. He told me that he would put aside a copy of 10.2 for me (he has actually done things like that in the past for me, great guy) and told me to bring the coupons when I come in on the 24th. Sounds like he is going to work a deal for me... Hell, if he can take ANYTHING off the retail cost, I will be happy.

I know where the coupons are that came with the TiBook, now I just need to locate the ones that came with 10.1... IF (huge IF) he can do anything on the price, I will let everyone know...

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Well, I'm going to get my copy of 10.2 when it comes out with the "Up-To-Date" program. Can I do this at a retail store? Otherwaie, I'm going to have to wait until I get my address in the dorms to get the package.

BEN

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
it Shipped...

I just got this email from Apple. It shipped on the 19th

Apple Computer, Inc. INVOICE RECEIPT

Please remit to:
FOR YOUR RECORDS ONLY

Customer Number Invoice Number
XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Reference Date 08/03/02

Amount Due .00

Please Reference Apple's Invoice Number on Your Remittance

Sold To: Ship To:
evildead evildead
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
USA USA

________________________________________________________________________________
Customer Number Customer P.O. Number Sales Order Number
XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

Invoice Number Invoice Date Terms
XXXXXXXXXXX 08/03/02 Credit Card
________________________________________________________________________________

Item Product Product Total Total Unit Extended
Number Description Ordered Shipped Price Price

002 SHIPPING14 EXPEDITED SHIPPING CHARGE 1 1 5.00 5.00

Subtotal 5.00

Tax 0.00

Shipping Charges

TOTAL USD 5.00
DO NOT PAY
If you have any questions, please call (800) 676-2775
Salesperson Contact Entry Date Ship Date Routing Waybill Number
BD 08/01/02 08/19/02 FEDERAL EX
Shipped From:
F/G Distribution Center
Elk Grove, Ca 95758

Web Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Billed To: Credit Card

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
So sad....it's not shipped yet :( :D
And £10 to ship a stupid little (light) box on a 3-5 day deleivery service is an outrage!!!!
Hell, I don't think most couriers would charge that much for a next day service (allthough I could be wrong, I can't be asked to check).

Attachments

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Tracking Number : 123456789123455

Customer Reference Number : 1234567890
Invoice Number
:
Purchase Order Number :
Ship Date :
Estimated Delivery
Date :
Delivery Location : (my hometown)
Delivery
Date/Time :
Signed For By :

Service Type : Home Delivery-Signature Delivery
Total Weight : 1.0 lbs.

Scan Activity Date/Time
------------- ----------------
Package information transmitted to FedEx 07/26/2002 00:07

Disclaimer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
this is all i received from apple about my order on the 26th of july....it already had a tracking number but fedex still can't find it. kind of odd that it had a tracking number so early.

GetSome681

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2002
Originally posted by phgreer
They won't come get you if you get the educational discount but are not a teacher or a student? Well to tell the truth my wife is a teacher but we sort of share the iBook and use it mostly at home. She did her lesson plans on it. She plans on taking it to school with her to use but we also will be using it for our home business as well. Seriouly they won't come get us will they? :confused:

I mean it will be used for "educational purposes" sometimes but not other times. Is this ok?

Actually I would get my wife to get it for us without a thought but I'm sort of speaking for my wife who is extremely "by the book".
I'd be careful if I were u. I got busted hard from apple. Believe me, they have auditors. But do whatever you want.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by phgreer

GetSome is right... they do check into it sometimes. Your wife is a Teacher... so... she gets the discount. I bet you can even order it in your name and get away with it from Apple (even if they call you) Just to be safe you should order it in your wifes name. She gets the discount. Read the Apple EDU discount page just to be sure. I am a student and I don't ONLY use my Mac or my software for ONLY for EDU.

-evildead

evildead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by verbose101
So has anyone elses shipped like evildeads?

You know what is strange is that when I go to the Apple site to check on my order it says that it is "parshaly shipped" What ever that means. I only have one thing on order. The apple sent me says that it shipped on the 19th. I got an email afew days before that that said it would ship by the 20th so it would be at my door by the 24th. I paid for shipping so it should be there faster than that.

Any one else getting get anything from apple?

evildead

Draft

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
can you get an edu discount at the retail store?
I think that you have to order it off of the web site. But, that was before the Apple stores were around.

Draft

Draft

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
I'm only a student for about another week, but I still ordered it with the education discount. I think that that should be cool. Right?

Draft

Draft

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by verbose101
So has anyone elses shipped like evildeads?
Mine says partially shipped, but it also says that my copy of Jaguar has not shipped yet, and that is all that I ordered.

Also, my credit card shows only a $5.30 shipping charge to it?? It hasn't been charged for the entire cost of $78?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
Draft

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
yeah. i think the flmnt stands for "fulfillment" which is what it said for my order of idvd 2.1.... it's basically an upgrade, though it may not be an upgrade disc.... so, you're getting an upgrade cause you had access to it, ie, bought the computer after 17th. but i could be wrong...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.