Who has the click on their iPhone X screen?

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
Ahh let the OCD begin!

As the title emplies this is most likely a random thing and I Seriously doubt it will hurt the phones performance. With that said...YES I do have a slight click on my 1 week old iPhone X 256GB somewhat $1,400+ Phone.

I only noticed as my house was completely quite and I was cleaning my screen with a micro fiber cloth and caught it at the top right hand corner as I was cleaning it.

Things have changed in the last 10 years, but with a mass produced phone like the X things like this will happen. If it's not this, it's screen color shifting, if not that it's a crackling speaker, if not that it's a phone that gets severely hot when charging it...lol the list gets lengthy with all these phones.

As for me I will keep mine as it's fairly perfect and doesn't include any of those other bugging things. Providing it doesn't get much louder and to the point where I can hear it just by typing on it it I will just except it and forget it's there hopefully.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68010
Jan 27, 2011
Mine feels completely solid.

My past few phones sometimes had a click if I squeezed the screen. The 6, 6s, and the 7.

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
Oh yeah, the flash can rattle. Completely normal.
lol I don't hear the flash rattle even if I shake the phone! This is actually the first phone to my knowledge that I can't hear that rattle sound as well. Usually hear something right from near the camera.

As my dad would say. If it hurts when you do that, just don't do that...lol

scottrods

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2017
Garland, TX
With any noise I don’t expect to be normal, I’d worry that there could be an issue that would compromise the “water proof” capability. My iPhone 6 had a loose screen in the lower right corner... worried me to death... got replaced.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
Ahh let the OCD begin!

As the title emplies this is most likely a random thing and I Seriously doubt it will hurt the phones performance. With that said...YES I do have a slight click on my 1 week old iPhone X 256GB somewhat $1,400+ Phone.

I only noticed as my house was completely quite and I was cleaning my screen with a micro fiber cloth and caught it at the top right hand corner as I was cleaning it.

Things have changed in the last 10 years, but with a mass produced phone like the X things like this will happen. If it's not this, it's screen color shifting, if not that it's a crackling speaker, if not that it's a phone that gets severely hot when charging it...lol the list gets lengthy with all these phones.

As for me I will keep mine as it's fairly perfect and doesn't include any of those other bugging things. Providing it doesn't get much louder and to the point where I can hear it just by typing on it it I will just except it and forget it's there hopefully.
return it, and get a new one... heck for all that money paid it should be perfect. I surely would have replaced it by now

Reactions: flowave

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Ahh let the OCD begin!

Take a look at this thread. I Don't know if this is the exact same thing you were experiencing, but another forum member mentioned similarities.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-popping-noise.2084233/

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Nope, none of that here. OK, except maybe colour shift but then that's normal for the tech, and I don't sit there looking at my phone with the screen off angle to me. That's just weird.

It's either perfect or it's not. Clearly, it's not!

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
Take a look at this thread. I Don't know if this is the exact same thing you were experiencing, but another forum member mentioned similarities.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-popping-noise.2084233/
Yea mine is nothing like that, I've had that on iPhones before. My original 6 did that throughout the whole phone!

Mine is faint in a way coming from the top right hand corner. I'm heading to Apple later today and going to see what they say. I already know the song and dance they will give me, but I know the sound isn't going away so I'll see what they can do for me there.

ghoneimy

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2019
Yes
Only on locks web or pull down the left panel
It designed to work only with lock screen flash and camera
Just use it as u click on MacBook keypad

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
No click on my over 1 year old X. It’s the most solid feeling iPhone I’ve ever had actually.

Previous devices: 7+, 6+, 5, 4S, 3GS, 3G.

scottrods

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2017
Garland, TX
Had the click on lower right corner of a iPhone 6... used it for 3 years and never had a problem other than that and sold it as-is to buy my iPhone 8... I used a leather slip on bumper case by Apple in it and it never bothered me. Without the cover it drove me nuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.